• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

He counts as a villain, that is interesting.
That is interesting, and thanks a lot for checking that out for me.

Heroes
Batgirl

Villains
Lobo
Scorpion (presumably)
Zod

For the sake of maintaining balance, a second wave of DLC might look like:

Power hero (Martian Manhunter)
Power hero
Gadget hero
Gadget villain

Zephyrus

Banned
Nobody knows who's in the lead. The results are private.

I figure I'll ask this again...

https://www.injustice.com/en/stats

Click on the "General" tab, and look for:

Total Number of Hero Victories
Total Number of Villain Victories

Can any of you check and see what a Lobo victory counts towards? I'd try it myself if I wasn't so awful at the game. My OCD is driving me insane and I'd really like to know what NRS considers Lobo for the sake of future DLC selections. If they consider him a villain, then we might get three heroes in the potential second DLC wave.

Why he could be considered a villain:
- The official history video uploaded to the Injustice YouTube channel refers to him as a villain.
- He's a genocidal slaver.
- He murders all of the heroes in his arcade ending.

Why he could be considered a hero:
- He's on the heroes side of the character selection screen, but we don't know if DLC follows the same convention.
He's counted as a villain

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Care to share good anti air moves for escrima and the staff? Pop rocks throwing kinda whiffs most of the time...

For the escrima you can use his d2, it's ok I guess but I avoid using it most of the time. Do not use db1 on the ground it's terrible. Most of the time I just go air to air with people with j3. Move is really good and if it hits cancel it into Wing Dings for 21%.

For the staff people aren't really jumping in often on me. Mostly because if they're in that range I'm just harassing them with the staff. Some people say his d2 works as an anti-air but I've never used it and it honestly doesn't even look like one to me. If you are using seismo to zone from fullscreen and they start to jump you can use b1 or Flying Grayson to catch the jump.

GrayFoxPL

Scorpion isn't a villain. Generally he's neutral in MK. He's only driven by revenge and that's neither good or bad. Yeah, he worked a bit for Shang Tsung and Quan Chi due to mindfuck but he was also an Elder Gods champion in Deception.

Generally he doesn't give a fuck who he sends to hell if they're asking for it..

Ryce

He's counted as a villain
Thanks for that; more confirmation is always a good thing.

I'm confused about Scorpion, though. Like Lobo, he's a "neutral" character, but from a black and white perspective, he's always lumped in with the villains.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe's roster featured 6 heroes and 5 villains for both the MK and DC sides, and Scorpion was considered a villain:

PzRvejY.png

He also sides with the villains in the Armageddon opening sequence.

I guess I'll have to ask you guys to check the stats page again when Scorpion is released.

GrayFoxPL

Armageddon is one game Boon wants to forget about. I'll never forget his depressed face during interviews when it was being released.

Regardless, in the great scheme of things, Scorpion is sided with the villains to be the rival of Sub-Zero. Always has, always will be.

He's definitely more of a villain than Catwoman.

Jagxyz

Question : Does a ragequitter in ranked count as a win for me?

Official patch notes

The link isn't working for me.

Code:
Code fixes

Added Lobo Gameplay Functionality.
Strengthened the stability of online connections between different connections, resulting in less de-synchronizations.
Added the ability to initiate a transition attack when the defender is at an elevated position.
Removed the ability for two gadget characters to both place bombs at the same time on some Interactive Objects.

Balance tweaks

Increased overall combo damage scaling after a knockdown from Interactive Objects.
Increased overall combo damage scaling on planted sticky bombs (Down + Interact button) pop-up combos.
You can no longer initiate a clash on Killer Frost’s Ice Spike outside of a combo.
The hitsphere on Doomsday’s jumping splash was adjusted to be slightly smaller and more in line with the original intention.
Players land slightly further apart after Arkham/Joker Asylum and Insurgency transitions to make it easier to avoid the ability to use an Interactive Object immediately after landing.

BadAss2961

Just played a few matches online with Deathstroke -- never felt so ridiculous. How do people sleep at night main'ing this dude? lol

SJRB

Gold Member
Tried my first few online matches after practicing with Batman all day.

Needless to say it went terrible, every combo I memorized turned to hell because of lag. Decided to join a beginners room after my demise, waited half an hour for someone to join, fought the guy three times but it seemed like I was in slow-motion the whole time.

laaame

Care to share good anti air moves for escrima and the staff? Pop rocks throwing kinda whiffs most of the time...

For his staff you can do j2 since it has relatively good vertical range. If you land it you can follow it up with another j2,1 cancel into flying grayson, I only do one j2 though.

Other people answered for his escrima anti-airs, I haven't really tried those but they sound like they should work.

GrayFoxPL

Question : Does a ragequitter in ranked count as a win for me?

Code:
Code fixes

Added Lobo Gameplay Functionality.
Strengthened the stability of online connections between different connections, resulting in less de-synchronizations.
Added the ability to initiate a transition attack when the defender is at an elevated position.
Removed the ability for two gadget characters to both place bombs at the same time on some Interactive Objects.

Balance tweaks

Increased overall combo damage scaling after a knockdown from Interactive Objects.
Increased overall combo damage scaling on planted sticky bombs (Down + Interact button) pop-up combos.
You can no longer initiate a clash on Killer Frost’s Ice Spike outside of a combo.
The hitsphere on Doomsday’s jumping splash was adjusted to be slightly smaller and more in line with the original intention.
Players land slightly further apart after Arkham/Joker Asylum and Insurgency transitions to make it easier to avoid the ability to use an Interactive Object immediately after landing.

That's it? Meh.

Ha, link? I know the game was bad, but I have no idea about its history.

I wouldn't find it now. Watched it on youtube back then. Most memorably the some kind of meeting/convent with fans where they played and Boon sat back and watched. When he answered some journalist/fan questions he looked so miserable like if someone killed his dog, lol.
I think he felt he made a quick cash in turd and was afraid of reactions.

WatTsu

Team Barda all the way, as stated earlier in the thread. Game needs female powerhouses, and she's just better than Power Girl.

Plus with Mr. Miracle and Oberon running around they could do some fun super moves and victory poses.

Sephzilla

So does anybody have a good video capture card they'd recommend? I wouldn't mind recording/streaming me playing this game, I'm just not entirely sure what card to get.

Nobody knows who's in the lead. The results are private.

I figure I'll ask this again...

https://www.injustice.com/en/stats

Click on the "General" tab, and look for:

Total Number of Hero Victories
Total Number of Villain Victories

Can any of you check and see what a Lobo victory counts towards? I'd try it myself if I wasn't so awful at the game. My OCD is driving me insane and I'd really like to know what NRS considers Lobo for the sake of future DLC selections. If they consider him a villain, then we might get three heroes in the potential second DLC wave.

Why he could be considered a villain:
- The official history video uploaded to the Injustice YouTube channel refers to him as a villain.
- He's a genocidal slaver.
- He murders all of the heroes in his arcade ending.

Why he could be considered a hero:
- He's on the heroes side of the character selection screen, but we don't know if DLC follows the same convention.

WTF Dude! Black out his ending Spoiler!

But yeah Lobo is an awesome villian ashing his Godfather Gotti EL on his crushed opponent.
WTF is up with the censored middle finger gesture. So fucking lame guess DC comics execs are as lame as Vince & his WWE cronies censoring Stone Cold in WWE games. Hope Take 2 doesn't stand for that.

But yeah Lobo is an awesome villian ashing his Godfather Gotti EL on his crushed opponent.
WTF is up with the censored middle finger gesture. So fucking lame guess DC comics execs are as lame as Vince & his WWE cronies censoring Stone Cold in WWE games. Hope Take 2 doesn't stand for that.

Quoting it won't change the fact that HE spoiler tags the ending seeing as you QUOTED the un spoilertagged version...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

They did it because they thought it was funnier not because of any sort of ratings thing.

It's funnier censored.

deim0s

For his staff you can do j2 since it has relatively good vertical range. If you land it you can follow it up with another j2,1 cancel into flying grayson, I only do one j2 though.

Other people answered for his escrima anti-airs, I haven't really tried those but they sound like they should work.

Jump back 3 in escrima, flip kick can work too. Staff uh..pre-emptive 2 I guess? His anti airs are meh.

For the escrima you can use his d2, it's ok I guess but I avoid using it most of the time. Do not use db1 on the ground it's terrible. Most of the time I just go air to air with people with j3. Move is really good and if it hits cancel it into Wing Dings for 21%.

For the staff people aren't really jumping in often on me. Mostly because if they're in that range I'm just harassing them with the staff. Some people say his d2 works as an anti-air but I've never used it and it honestly doesn't even look like one to me. If you are using seismo to zone from fullscreen and they start to jump you can use b1 or Flying Grayson to catch the jump.

Thanks for the tips. Will try these out.

Staff d2 won't in close range, it'll not catch the foot overhead while it clearly clips with the staff.

Grecco

After playing this game alot.

They need to change meter building. you build way more by taking damage than by dealing it. So they need to fix this, it encourages turtle/zone play

shaowebb

If anyone here doesn't have the iOS content unlocked yet check this out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Injusticegame/comments/1dw5r5/to_anyone_who_still_wants_the_ios_unlocks/

Case sensitive WBID
WBID=Injusticestuff@gmail.com
password=asstastic0

Dude on reddit delivers. You link up in settings under WBID and when you go to downloadable content and such you get your costumes. I now got my Batman Beyond skin and New 52 Green Lantern thanks to this.

Thank God because I do not own an iOS device and its hardly a free app if it costs me the price of one of those devices...especially since Im wanting android instead.

Sephzilla

After playing this game alot.

They need to change meter building. you build way more by taking damage than by dealing it. So they need to fix this, it encourages turtle/zone play

I've noticed this too. I do think they need to tone down the meter built from taking damage a bit, that stuff fills up pretty quick.

Top Bottom