• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

shaowebb

Just a heads up folks...Sonicfox just posted a BUNCH of Joker tech and he claims to have a block infinite for the guy as well. He's going to be running Joker at Final Round and he states that character is top 10 with these discoveries. He even showcased a grab infinite and its doable midscreen. Tons of shit here. Just...just tons. Instant overheads, loops, ...it just goes on and on. Even claims to have the mobility issues in the bag.

Watch Injustice at Final Round. We may just see a bottom tier character rise.

The tech

Just got this game on PS4. Having a lot of fun with it. Man....I am really struggling online. Seems like only tournament players play this now. I am grateful to even get a round. Can't decide on my main between Wonder Woman, Batman, Catwoman, Shazam, Scorpion or Batgirl with a few other potential candidates as well.

shaowebb

Just got this game on PS4. Having a lot of fun with it. Man....I am really struggling online. Seems like only tournament players play this now. I am grateful to even get a round. Can't decide on my main between Wonder Woman, Batman, Catwoman, Shazam, Scorpion or Batgirl with a few other potential candidates as well.

Catwoman is really fun...just remember that folks tend to throw Catwoman a lot now if they see you doing those dashes of hers. Its pretty much something folks know Catwoman does to stay in and they bait it and block and just go for throws. Scorpion is...well...nerfed hard. You'll struggle with him. He's fun, but an uphill battle. Batgirl, Batman Wonder Woman, and Shazam are mad fun too imo.

Shazam=if you tend to try to stay in the middle area(not too close not too far away) in a fight this is you man. Good damage, awesome neutral game. Very rewarding when you win. Mid tier, not combo heavy, requires STRONG footsies.

Batman=Got a little of everything. Can make himself safe with bats, pressures well, great crossups and aerial offensive. Does a little of everything.
High tier. Great for rushdown pressure types and for people who favor jump ins.

Catwoman= an in and out fighter who accels at quick punishing things she reads.
Mid tier. Great for those folks who hang back and then like to burst in with punishes. Very fast, good range. Suffers vs zoners though.

Wonder Woman= Highly damaging and mobile . Great at punishing things and amazing resets. Just...just great.
High tier. The only thing she doesn't go crazy with is zoning and it doesn't matter as her lasso grabs, air dashes and shield dash ins are so mobile she just straightup doesn't get forced out easily. Rewards any style of player save full screen folks. She can in and out, neutral or rushdown.

Batgirl= One of the best punish characters in the game. Solid teleport thats so scary that it forces folks into a grounded approach, Fast damage, cartwheel blows up everyone, and bat evade cancels are hard to read. Just an amazing sandbox of fun that is not extremely high level to develop combos for.
High tier to upper mid. Mobility and punishing teleport makes her a fun character for in and out players, and her speed and tools in general excite rushdown fans. Her zoning isn't terrible, but she excels mainly at neutral, rushdown and punish play. She can zone well, but she loses in trades. She mainly zones to force jumps which she teleport destroys and converts.

Catwoman is really fun...just remember that folks tend to throw Catwoman a lot now if they see you doing those dashes of hers. Its pretty much something folks know Catwoman does to stay in and they bait it and block and just go for throws. Scorpion is...well...nerfed hard. You'll struggle with him. He's fun, but an uphill battle. Batgirl, Batman Wonder Woman, and Shazam are mad fun too imo.

Shazam=if you tend to try to stay in the middle area(not too close not too far away) in a fight this is you man. Good damage, awesome neutral game. Very rewarding when you win. Mid tier, not combo heavy, requires STRONG footsies.

Batman=Got a little of everything. Can make himself safe with bats, pressures well, great crossups and aerial offensive. Does a little of everything.
High tier. Great for rushdown pressure types and for people who favor jump ins.

Catwoman= an in and out fighter who accels at quick punishing things she reads.
Mid tier. Great for those folks who hang back and then like to burst in with punishes. Very fast, good range. Suffers vs zoners though.

Wonder Woman= Highly damaging and mobile . Great at punishing things and amazing resets. Just...just great.
High tier. The only thing she doesn't go crazy with is zoning and it doesn't matter as her lasso grabs, air dashes and shield dash ins are so mobile she just straightup doesn't get forced out easily. Rewards any style of player save full screen folks. She can in and out, neutral or rushdown.

Batgirl= One of the best punish characters in the game. Solid teleport thats so scary that it forces folks into a grounded approach, Fast damage, cartwheel blows up everyone, and bat evade cancels are hard to read. Just an amazing sandbox of fun that is not extremely high level to develop combos for.
High tier to upper mid. Mobility and punishing teleport makes her a fun character for in and out players, and her speed and tools in general excite rushdown fans. Her zoning isn't terrible, but she excels mainly at neutral, rushdown and punish play. She can zone well, but she loses in trades. She mainly zones to force jumps which she teleport destroys and converts.

Thanks. I appreciate all of the information. I am totally foreign to this game, but I think(hope) I am learning the basics. I will probably try to just learn around 2 to 3 characters for now. :)

shaowebb

Thanks. I appreciate all of the information. I am totally foreign to this game, but I think(hope) I am learning the basics. I will probably try to just learn around 2 to 3 characters for now. :)

Thats your best bet. No one ever really gets great at half a dozen characters. Most folks only ever get really good at 2 or 3 and thats it.

Jonogunn

Help.

I don't get how u guys can play with normal controls. When I'm holding down-back and want to do green arrows f2d13 it keeps registering my motion as df+2

How do I get around this?

I play on stick btw

Unai

Help.

I don't get how u guys can play with normal controls. When I'm holding down-back and want to do green arrows f2d13 it keeps registering my motion as df+2

I play on stick btw

I have no idea what the bolded part means.

shaowebb

Help.

I play on stick btw
Go into controller settings and turn Release Check off. I mained Green Arrow hard when the game first came out (even modded the TYM GA boards) and we all had trouble using F2d13 strings with that on. Release Check is negative edge. Basically its a thing where if you dont want a move to come out until you release a button you leave it on. For some folks they want a move to come out when they hit the button for others they want a move to come out when they lift their finger off a button...which can honestly allow you to buffer and delay some stuff which gets useful in other fighters but honestly isn't a big deal to go for in Injustice.

Thing about release check is that it seems to also increase the buffer on directional inputs some so holding down back to block and going into F2D13 without going into a neutral position on the stick first forces it to easily read it as a Quarter circtly motion of Down forward. Its a pain in the ass and online its a damned nuisance with GA. I eventually got used to the rhythm of how to input it consistently online, but it was damned irritating and for most GA is still offline only due to this. Its not as bad as THAT really, and you can use it online but if you just cant get your rhythm with F2D13 you may end up like others and pop over to something else online.
I have no idea what the bolded part means.

F2D13 is the abbreviation folks use for Green Arrows most useful High low pressure string. Forward Medium Down Light Heavy. In the fighting game community for this game we refer to the moves by numbers to make abbreviating our combos quick and easy.

Light-1
Medium=2
Heavy=3
Special ability =4

And as you can likely guess directions are abbreviated to as
Forward=F
Back=B
Jump=J
Down=D

F2D13 is the most consistent tool Green Arrow has up close as it is a very fast High then low attack string. This means they block high then get bopped by the low and eat the rest of their combo. Since Green Arrow also has strings that start out Low then High he is an up close pressure cooker that gets very scary. His whole character is based on an in and out play style of trying to open you up for a combo via pressure, quick punishes, or his great jump ins. After that his only real tool for damage is to use "resets". This is where you do a combo and then do a move that "resets" them into either a position (like being frozen by ice arrow) for you to do another combo or for you to extend your combo with out suffering addition gravity scaling that causes them to drop out.

As combos go on, you see, the damage scales lower and lower. Also the gravity scales higher and higher so they eventually drop out of the combo and dont get juggled forever like In Tekken. Folks look for "resets" to improve their damage and often will do stuff that ends their current combo early just to put their opponent in a situation that either guarantees he goes back into a new combo or puts him in a situation where its so hard to avoid getting hit by another combo that its worth the risk of throwing away the damage you could have gotten off your last combo to try for the much higher overall damage you can get by doing a reset.

Some characters are called "vortex" characters because they can essentially put you into a situation over and over again without end where you have a 50/50 chance or less of guessing what to do when you get back up to avoid going into another combo. Basically you guess wrong and its like being caught up in a vortex you can't escape.

There ya go. Hope that helps you both!

Wynnebeck

Banned
Hey guys, trying to get into the game, but when I put my disc into the PS3, it gives me terrible slowdown throughout the game to where I can't even pick things at the main menu due to it. I already deleted the latest update and redownloaded it, only for it to start back up again. Any help?

LakeEarth

Bought the game for the PS4, I'm enjoying it despite my dislike of previous Netherrealm fighters. Finally put my Flash online, got a few wins and dumb losses, despite not knowing what I'm doing.

Holy crap at the platinum requirements for this game. 3 stars on all those hundreds of STAR lab missions? Beat boring ass "Classic Battle" mode with every single character, doing every special, meter-burn special, and super? They didn't design the achievements for maximum fun factor, that's for sure.

Something's wrong with the PS4 cutscenes though, very jerky with missing frames. You can really tell the difference in story mode when the cutscene ends and the game begins.

AEREC

So I just bought this off of amazon for the PC and the game constantly runs in slow motion. Anyway to fix this? Haven't been able to find a solution.

AlStrong

So I just bought this off of amazon for the PC and the game constantly runs in slow motion. Anyway to fix this? Haven't been able to find a solution.

Try lowering the graphics settings. Make sure you don't set shadows to the highest (not that shadows are a particular issue).

Anyone play the iOS too? Been trying to unlock the Arkham Harley card, but I suck at online matches (PC). :(

Jinroh

Just leave the game in borderless window, it's on by default. The slowdowns only occur if you set it up to run fullscreen.

I'm getting this on the Wii U today (found a used copy for £12 so I figured why not?) and have been reading up on it a bit and one thing has me a little worried.

I see that the Wii U missed out on any patches since the first one (I think?) which isn't suprising but does this mean that the game is pretty broken for online play? I'm worred that when I go online it'll just be full of people spamming techniques that were later nerfed in updates that the Wii U didn't get. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Chances are I'll still enjoy the single player modes but it would be nice to know that I can pick a variery of charaters online and stand a chance (or lose down to skill rather than a massive imbalance).

Thanks.

Sorry for the double post.

Does anyone here play this on Wii U? Or can anyone point me to a community that has Wii U players?

I'm struggling to get matches online in any of the modes. It's a shame as I'd like test my skill against humans.

shaowebb

Sorry for the double post.

Does anyone here play this on Wii U? Or can anyone point me to a community that has Wii U players?

I'm struggling to get matches online in any of the modes. It's a shame as I'd like test my skill against humans.

I'd try Testyourmight.com for all things Injustice. Its where the community thats active lives for this game. Even I'm not sure on the Wii U though...not a popular version I guess.

I'd try Testyourmight.com for all things Injustice. Its where the community thats active lives for this game. Even I'm not sure on the Wii U though...not a popular version I guess.

Hey thanks for the tip. I've actually found that site and have been lurking for a few days now. I've not seen any Wii U discussion though (except much derision in one older topic).

I might ask on there anyway and if all I get is 'LOLWIIU' etc then who cares?

I'm enjoying the single player modes anyway - it's huge! I can't believe how many Star lab missions there are and the story mode is great too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, Wii U is pretty much the forgotten version of the game since it didn't get the patches and content updates, including the added characters. They didn't even bother releasing the Ultimate Edition of the game on Wii U. Even Vita got it.

LakeEarth

Alright, almost got my online win rating back to 50% after playing a guy a million times better than me (1 win in 30 matches) and I'm definitely getting better, though I still have clunky moments in the game like jumping when I don't mean to, or using Flash's vibrate move accidentally, and I really gotta work on my meter burn timing for certain moves. But I am doing things on purpose like avoiding interactables using said vibrate move, and actually using push block on purpose. Finally getting comfortable with this game.

Slurmer

Banned
I just started playing on 360 after playing only ps3/ps4 and the amount of rage quitting in this game is insane. Still, there are more top-tier players on 360 so I guess it balances out.

This game is F2P on Steam for the weekend and it kinda makes me sad. There's finally people playing again and I'm loving it, but I know in a couple of days it'll be barren again. I just about never get to play this game anymore.

stn

Any GAF'ers looking to play on 360? I play a semi-decent Deathstroke but am looking to learn Green Arrow.

Sorry to necro bump but can anyone give me any help with this?
Basically I play with a friend who uses Deathstroke, I use Harley Quinn. We're both able to beat AIs at medium-hard, and I have zero problems taking out most of those - except Deathstroke. His projectile fire rate is absolutely ridiculous, meaning that I can't take him out from afar, and even if I go in close and try and take him out that way I just get spammed with projectiles up close. Is there any real way to deal with Deathstroke?

Reule

It seems like the WB ID functionality for the PS4 version of the Ultimate Edition is dead or not being supported. Girlfriend and I bought a copy a couple of days ago and the WB ID servers are unavailable when trying to login. Looking around the net, seems others have been having the same issue for a month or two now.

It really sucks because I play Bane and Harley and Knightfall Bane and Arkham Harley are locked behind WB ID. Wish they had just put it on the damn disc. :|

Moaradin

Yeah that's disappointing. I got my stick working on PS4 and I tried booting up the game earlier today. Couldn't connect online at all.

I was going through a list of games I've accumulated, and noticed I'd gotten this but hadn't played it. Although I'm not big on fighting games, and wasn't that interested in what I saw from it before, I do like superheroes and figured I'd beat it and it'd be another game to add to my list of completed games.

I like the feeling that comes with that.

Anyways, I started it today, and am currently part-way into chapter 2 of story mode. HLTB says it's five hours long -- is that really true? I'm reading conflicting things on GameFAQs. Hopefully it's a bit shorter, because it's kind of clunky.

The gameplay doesn't feel as tight as some other fighting games, but it's alright. Good enough for a few hours.

Speaking of the story mode: How do you change its difficulty? Is the entire game's difficulty controlled from the options area of the game's main menu? I haven't been able to find a way to change it IN story mode.

I've won every fight so far, but a couple have been mildly close. I'm not particularly great at these games, as I don't play them much because they bore me quickly. I don't want to change it right now, but want to know that I have the option.

Unai

I was going through a list of games I've accumulated, and noticed I'd gotten this but hadn't played it. Although I'm not big on fighting games, and wasn't that interested in what I saw from it before, I do like superheroes and figured I'd beat it and it'd be another game to add to my list of completed games.

I like the feeling that comes with that.

Anyways, I started it today, and am currently part-way into chapter 2 of story mode. HLTB says it's five hours long -- is that really true? I'm reading conflicting things on GameFAQs. Hopefully it's a bit shorter, because it's kind of clunky.

The gameplay doesn't feel as tight as some other fighting games, but it's alright. Good enough for a few hours.

Speaking of the story mode: How do you change its difficulty? Is the entire game's difficulty controlled from the options area of the game's main menu? I haven't been able to find a way to change it IN story mode.

I've won every fight so far, but a couple have been mildly close. I'm not particularly great at these games, as I don't play them much because they bore me quickly. I don't want to change it right now, but want to know that I have the option.

That's probably because it depends if you die a lot so it can be very different from person to person acording to your skills and the chosen difficulty level.

Top Bottom