• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I was just reading a news story about China and learned the Foreign Ministry spokesman's name is Lu Kang. I pray for his victory at the next Mortal Kombat.

CD'S BAR

Damn, Relentless Jason is so much fun to use. I tend to like grapplers in fighting games in general, and it occurs to me that he's really the only one in this game. Am I wrong? Interesting too because that means there was none in the vanilla roster.

Damn, Relentless Jason is so much fun to use. I tend to like grapplers in fighting games in general, and it occurs to me that he's really the only one in this game. Am I wrong? Interesting too because that means there was none in the vanilla roster.

There's Jax and Ferra/Torr.
I forgot the names of the variations, but it's the closest to it.

Edit: And one of Kano's.

RSTEIN

There's Jax and Ferra/Torr.
I forgot the names of the variations, but it's the closest to it.

Edit: And one of Kano's.

Yeah, there are a few.

Jax (Wrestler)
Kano (Commando)
Kotal (Sun God)
Ferra/Tor
Erron Black and Cassie have command grabs but they're not grapplers.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Most people use aftershock or crystalline.

I've decided to pick up Mileena... not going well so far. Just basically poking people with B1, 2 lol.

If you have a ps4 and want to train pm me.

Spades

Thanks, but I'm on the Bone.

I'm on Xbox One and am pretty bad! Really love this game but it's the first fighter that I've tried to learn properly. Always up for a fight or two, although I'm only just picking it back up since launch so I'm a little rusty (even my by standards)!

RSTEIN

I'm on Xbox One and am pretty bad! Really love this game but it's the first fighter that I've tried to learn properly. Always up for a fight or two, although I'm only just picking it back up since launch so I'm a little rusty (even my by standards)!

I'm on the east coast, play around 9-11pm. RJ81.

DasRaven

Happy Anniversary MKX(L)!

I've really enjoyed this game and wish NR success in the future.

I'm still a bit annoyed that I can't seem to unlock the last 6 Kombat Modifiers, especially Explosive Kombat. But, I'll keep checking in and hoping their towers show up.

RSTEIN

Getting better with Mileena.

Basic gameplan: Stab, stab, throw, stab, low sai, stab, down 4, stab, down 4, stab low into ball combo for 34% damage, stab, stab, throw, EX roll, stab, stab.

Silly question

Playing on PS4. Any way to get decent in-game screenshots? Mine are turning out awful with all the motion blur going on

Any tricks?

Syntsui

Is there any working exploit to unlock the mobile costumes without playing that shitty game? I don't have space on my phone to even download it.

Marvel

could never
Is there any working exploit to unlock the mobile costumes without playing that shitty game? I don't have space on my phone to even download it.

I do not know if it's been patched (probably has) but I got all my mobile shit from clicking other peoples playerkards and looking at their stats.

It just downloaded whatever they had unlocked and gave it to me lol.

RSTEIN

Goddamn it is so hard to learn a new character now. Just so frustrating. I'm trying to learn Jacqui which is incredibly difficult because her neutral is so pathetic. You would think my opponents would see my win/loss record, realize I'm learning a new character since it's not going well, and go along with the flow. But they don't hesitate to call me a shitty player, teabag me, perform fatalities, etc. Plus most players are good so you're thrown into the meat grinder against very good Mileenas, Scorpions, Takedas, Cages, etc. It's hard to learn a new character when you're blocking run cancels, teleports, etc., half the time.

Jacqui is so stupidly outclassed by so many characters it's not funny. It's so hard to punish even the most unsafe shit. The range on her one and only 7 frame start up is so small that anyone with a 6 or 7 frame D1 or D4 can just poke after their unsafe string. GRRR.

CD'S BAR

Goddamn it is so hard to learn a new character now. Just so frustrating. I'm trying to learn Jacqui which is incredibly difficult because her neutral is so pathetic. You would think my opponents would see my win/loss record, realize I'm learning a new character since it's not going well, and go along with the flow. But they don't hesitate to call me a shitty player, teabag me, perform fatalities, etc. Plus most players are good so you're thrown into the meat grinder against very good Mileenas, Scorpions, Takedas, Cages, etc. It's hard to learn a new character when you're blocking run cancels, teleports, etc., half the time. GRRR.

Haha, people are the biggest assholes online in this game. I wish you could turn off voice chat.

Marvel

could never
First day with Tremor in ranked and friendlies. Made the fulltime switchover as my main, made an edited music video. Any tips welcome I'm finding him so much fun.

https://youtu.be/ULwTkTyHPJI

Dude got like 10 brutalities and imho some of the best in the entire game.

stn

I would be sooooooooooo down. Would be extra nice if they buff Balanced Kenshi, leave CT Kano as is, and also buff the weaker cast.

I wish some of the costumes from the XL version weren't still locked behind the mobile game.
Same with the cosplay costumes not being included either. Doesn't seem "komplete."

repeater

Hey guys. There are some pretty great deals to be found on MKX for the PC right now (Greenmangaming and Bundlestars e.g.), so I'm wondering what the state of the PC port ended up being after all the launch controversies? I know that they've stopped supporting the PC version with content, and I seem to recall a lot of the trouble was with the online multiplayer, but I'm super casual and wouldn't do much if any online so if that's the main failing of the PC port I think I would be OK with that.

repeater

Don't buy it. Not all of the DLC was released, you will not have the most updated version of the game.
I might be OK with that too. I rarely use all of the roster anyway. I am curious about the performance and technical quality of the PC port though, if you have any thoughts?

stn

No clue, I just know that the latest patches and roster updates have not been released to PC. Do you have either a PS4 or XBO? Buy it on one of those if yes (I'm assuming you don't, hence why you're asking about the PC version?).

Given EVO's crowd, I'm leaning towards the news being ESL coming back with another huge pot/other tournet support. I think a new DLC pack is far less likely to be announced, though I'd live to see Fujin, Rain, Li Mei etc.

Ugh. I've said it before, but one of the biggest issues I have with NRS is the way they interacting with their community. The state of MKX is currently in a state of uncertainty with many believing that Injustice 2 will kill off MKX. It's not a ridiculous thing to think considering their track record with their other games. However, recently we've heard from both Boon and the president of Warner Bros that they intend to extend the support of their games.

It's hard to want to get invested in a game knowing it's going to be dropped only after a year. We haven't heard anything concrete from them on MKX since earlier this year. How can they expect anyone to get hype or stay enthusiastic when we get no new information and constant trolls from Boon on twitter. That kind of playing around might have been exciting pre-release, but it's now damaging to the game's longevity as fans become more and more disinterested and begin moving on. Personally, I don't even feel like playing Injustice 2 now. What's the point?

AAK

i think it's very plausible NRS had plans to reveal something at EVO but the organizers blocked it last minute to minimize the risk of going overtime and missing their ESPN coverage deadline.

It seems really odd to tease something like that, only to announce that a couple hours later. What was the point of the initial tweet in the first place? Why code it?

And it wasn't just that tweet.
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/744190746408849408
70a8c6c9c5089ade1e447ce45d0ecb7f.png

That, plus Ed Boon saying in his recent appearance on the PSBlog, that MKXL and Injustice 2 will be overlapping each other and that it's kept them very busy. Also the polls he's been doing asking the community which male/female characters we miss the most from MK9. Now even more recently asking us which characters we would like to see balance changes.

I still have hope that, based on what all that's been said, we're getting new info soon. But this teasing shit is old now. Either say you're moving on or the game is still being supported. Don't leave us wondering.

RSTEIN

Loved watching Tekken Master's Kotal. He did some unique things that I haven't seen other top Kotals do (e.g., Aquaman, PNUT). I'm working hard to incorporate his B1, 2, 2, into EX axe throw to create constant plus pressure. Kotal was really slept on early in the game, can't believe we saw a Kotal come in 2nd at Evo.

Top Bottom