• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Marvel

could never
Goddamn, Sektor is too damn good. I love him.

Went in thinking Smoke would be the new main, but nope as much as I love him Sektor has really stuck with me.

Is this the main thread for XL?
Not seen anything in the main forum.
This seems to have released with little to no fanfare.

I'm curious to know about all the new secrets... is there a list of what's been discovered so far?

Are everyone's stage fatalities different inputs?

CD'S BAR

Is this the main thread for XL?
Not seen anything in the main forum.
This seems to have released with little to no fanfare.

I was surprised, too. This game seems strangely neglected on this forum. Even the vanilla version I recall rarely if ever being mentioned in sales and awards threads.

Any mediocre to good MKXL players on Xbox One, feel free to add me: shawnoftheshred - I've been neglecting online matches until the netcode upgrade and am getting wiped in Ranked Matches as I try to figure out Cyrax. Would love to run a whole bunch of sets just to learn how to approach different match-ups/what my pressure/zoning really looks like. I learn better in fights than in training modes.

re: neogaf's indifference to the game: it's weird, I tend to follow the game, the community etc. on Twitter, check the TestYourMight forums, look elsewhere and it's a really vibrant community discovering crazy things. Maybe more passionate than ever considering the netcode boost.

Khezu

This is so dumb.
PIciRt4.png

I was surprised, too. This game seems strangely neglected on this forum. Even the vanilla version I recall rarely if ever being mentioned in sales and awards threads.

GAF is mostly a pro Street Fighter forum. The mere mention of MK is enough to send people into a frenzy. It's not that people don't like the game, it's that most of the time they aren't allowed to.

Marvel

could never
Thought I'd give Bo Rai Cho a whirl in online matches... he's not half bad you know. But def not my strongest character.

His juggle strings for me are a little slow on start up and that shit gets me blown up.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I mean everyone knew it was coming.
Those robots are just too popular.

I was going to learn Sektor and main him for a bit, but now I might just switch over to Leatherface.

Yeah, I know. It just gets so tiring after the 10th Cyber Sub Zero.

On the positive, been getting lots of wins as people rush to ranked with the new characters. TRIBORG SHALL TASTE THE BLADE OF OSHTEK!

Speaking of Kotal, I've been using this 50% 2 bar 'combo' with War God:

F2, F2, B1, 2 then EXDF1 to throw them over you. As they're over your head, walk forward just a bit, then EX grab them to restand them. Then do F3, 4, DF2 which is a low string.

So it's a restand so obviously not a real combo but I find that the vast majority of the time people don't block low after the restand because they're scared of getting hit by the B1, 2, 2 overhead string.

ScribbleD

Acidic Alien corner combo timing has me confused. I'm trying to do B11U4 into NJP and I can't seem to the timing right consistently. Most of the time the neutral jump starts way too late even if I'm still holding up at the end of the U4.

I'm also trying to figure out some good meter combos in the corner, because right now I'm only using meter mid screen.

CD'S BAR

Is there a key somewhere that translates the command codes that I see everyone using, like D3 B1 etc.?

edit oh durr it's in the OP.

CD'S BAR

Damn didn't realize you can spectate matches in King of the Hill. They've even got emojis and the respect rating after every match lol. Love this game.

Is there a specific trick to doing Triborg's stage fatality? I've done it exactly once, and haven't been able to pull it off since. The input is too tricky.

thinking of double dipping on PS4 when MKXL releases (i bought it for Xbox One at launch). is there anyway I could download a save file with everything unlocked? i don't even care about trophies, i just don't want to unlock all of those damn costumes again...

reposting this... does anyone know?

Marvel

could never
I find Triborg's stage fatality works every time by doing: down, down then up and block at the same time.

Much easier than holding block then releasing it only to press it again imo. Both methods work though.

I bought Mortal Kombat XL for £30, seems a bargain, I played MK9 a little but enjoyed it enough to want to jump in on this one, so guess I'm part of the community now lol. Played around a little bit with it on single player fights lost my first two then one my third. I'm guessing its a good idea to get familiar with the controls in single player before jumping online. Also should I just stick to using one character for now to get used to their move set? I'm new to fighter games.

I bought Mortal Kombat XL for £30, seems a bargain, I played MK9 a little but enjoyed it enough to want to jump in on this one, so guess I'm part of the community now lol. Played around a little bit with it on single player fights lost my first two then one my third. I'm guessing its a good idea to get familiar with the controls in single player before jumping online. Also should I just stick to using one character for now to get used to their move set? I'm new to fighter games.
I would experiment with all characters to see which excites you from a personality and mechanics perspective. Then stick with then long enough to learn:
- the basics of your character: what options do you have full screen, up close, when someone is jumping, learn how to get opponents in the corner with combo enders or throws, etc
-2-3 basic combos that can do 20-30% damage
-mix-up combos (so you can alternate overhead and low attacks consistently)
- ways to escape pressure (either quick counter poke moves or an EX special that has armour

After that, take them online (player or ranked), that'll make you better.

From there its easier to switch characters as you'll have the fundamentals down.

GrayFoxPL

Wtf, online is absolutely awful for me after XL update.

Connection errors all the time. Random disconnections while loading and mid matches. When I got into a match I didn't notice any better netcode activity. Game even crashed PS4 while loading a match

The fuck they did to this game. It all went to shit. Strange thing I didn't have any problems with mkx online before.

^ anyone else have this? It's been basically flawless for me in 40-50 matches. Had one match where I think my opponent was on dial-up as his/her ping was ridiculous.

Top Bottom