• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Also Jacqui got a new ugly costume.
eFcT7gA.jpg

RsbPwof.jpg

From Gamestops website.

Robocop too?

Fucking guest characters!

patchday

perhaps its the big huge kid within me but the thought of a cyber ninja appeals too me :)

Kinda stopped playing right before that Rock ninja released. I should at least give him a whirl and complete his 'story'

I have a question, I have Mortal Kombat X for the XBOX ONE..should I upgrade to the XL version or just buy the DLC not sure what I should do, or if its even possible to buy everything

DasRaven

I have a question, I have Mortal Kombat X for the XBOX ONE..should I upgrade to the XL version or just buy the DLC not sure what I should do, or if its even possible to buy everything

If you haven't bought/preordered anything, buy XL, it comes with Goro/KP1/KP2
If you've bought Kombat Pack 1 (Tanya,Tremor,Predator,Jason), just buy Kombat Pack 2.

If you haven't bought/preordered anything, buy XL, it comes with Goro/KP1/KP2
If you've bought Kombat Pack 1 (Tanya,Tremor,Predator,Jason), just buy Kombat Pack 2.

Yeah I havent bought anything additionally for Mortal Kombat X..just bought the game when it was released and thats it
Awesome will just trade in the game to get XL, just have to find a good place to trade it into so I can get good credit for it, I missed out on the gamestop 50 percent bonus a few weeks ago

mdsfx

Yeah I havent bought anything additionally for Mortal Kombat X..just bought the game when it was released and thats it
Awesome will just trade in the game to get XL, just have to find a good place to trade it into so I can get good credit for it, I missed out on the gamestop 50 percent bonus a few weeks ago
Sell it on eBay or our trading forum.

Khezu

Leatherfaces 3 variations are Killer, Butcher, and Pretty Lady.
Each variation has its own costume.

Butcher seems the coolest, best costume, and a really fast funny looking command grab.

They showed a new Mileena brutality with Instant Air Sai.

Other then that I wasn't paying a lot of attention.

Also more stage fatalities then just the pit.

What we learned:

LEATHERFACE

Leatherface has 3 variations (each comes with a different mask / outfit)
- Killer (good range, sweep distance attacks including overhead, low, unblockable mix-ups, based around a stance input)
- Butcher (close range, uses a hammer)
- Lady Killer (ranged, throws his chainsaw straight, angled, air straight, air angled)

2 of Leatherface's brutalities:
- one is a chainsaw Kung Lao split in half
- another is a bash on the head multiple times with the hammer - it's really, really good. Great animation, goes on longer than expected.

1 of Leatherface's Fatalities
- A Kung Lao split - simple, but kind of disappointing considering the brutality is basically the same.

Netcode

Might not be ready for XL launch, but at the least, VERY soon after

Stage Fatalities

Hinted that more, beyond the Pit, are coming in XL (!)

Brutalities

Not only are they adding some to XL, but there's still some base game brutalities not yet found

Beta Patch Notes

The current beta is 3 weeks old - so some of the stuff the beta has will be changed come XL's release. One new thing shown as in the updated XL version of the game was Sub-Zero's slide into ice ball can now actually freeze the opponent.

Costumes

I believe new mobile unlocks for Cassie & Jacqui have already been leaked, but they confirmed these mobile costumes are coming. They also confirmed fan service freebie costumes coming with info soon.

Another Kombat Kast next Thursday too.

man, leatherface is the most boring fighting character i've ever seen

throwing the chainsaw and it magically teleporting back is such a dumb looking move with no basis in the character's history, used to shoehorn in a generic high/low/instant air Mk zoning moveset because they ran out out of way to swing a chainsaw at someone in the first variation

fucking incomplete XL where you still need a phone to play the stupid mobile to have an actual complete game

i signed up for the beta on the first day and didn't get in

i hope i can get SFV running on my computer, even if it's in 800x600 at minimum everything

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Long story short I bought MKX on PC at release as I didn't have a PS4 back then and it was awful, one of the worst ports ever (High Voltage...). The online was especially bad, the main server went down every day, often multiple times a day and even when it was up every game was so laggy and filled with button delay it wasn't fun at all. With MK XL coming out I'm wondering how's the community on PS4 and is the online smooth and fully playable?

Xevren

Long story short I bought MKX on PC at release as I didn't have a PS4 back then and it was awful, one of the worst ports ever (High Voltage...). The online was especially bad, the main server went down every day, often multiple times a day and even when it was up every game was so laggy and filled with button delay it wasn't fun at all. With MK XL coming out I'm wondering how's the community on PS4 and is the online smooth and fully playable?

Community online is still big, online is eh. But the beta online is pretty good so long as the connections are good, so once that goes live (hopefully with the XL launch) life should be pretty good.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Community online is still big, online is eh. But the beta online is pretty good so long as the connections are good, so once that goes live (hopefully with the XL launch) life should be pretty good.

Right, so it would be wise to wait for reviews of the new online code then. I feel like they totally scammed me with the PC version which honestly wasn't fit for purpose, so double dipping and giving them more money hurts me to my core but if the online were perfect on PS4 I could just about justify it as I enjoyed the game.

Right, so it would be wise to wait for reviews of the new online code then. I feel like they totally scammed me with the PC version which honestly wasn't fit for purpose, so double dipping and giving them more money hurts me to my core but if the online were perfect on PS4 I could just about justify it as I enjoyed the game.
I'm in the online BETA - apparently it's still 3 weeks old compared to the version Netherrealm are actually on at this point and it's already incredible. A WORLD of difference. All the pro players, who are more likely to notice tiny input lags or frame drops, are pretty vocally saying it's a gamechanger in terms of how closely it mimics offline play when you are against someone with a good connection.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the online BETA - apparently it's still 3 weeks old compared to the version Netherrealm are actually on at this point and it's already incredible. A WORLD of difference. All the pro players, who are more likely to notice tiny input lags or frame drops, are pretty vocally saying it's a gamechanger in terms of how closely it mimics offline play when you are against someone with a good connection.

And will this new system be ready for the release of XL or sometime after?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I bought a Xbone for this game yesterday. RIP PC. so far I've lost once in ranked and am something like 40-1, lol. Playing on PC is like training at high altitude. The connections were so bad this is like a cake walk lol.

By the way, Xbox to PC streaming is amazing. I'm playing MKX online on my laptop with my Xbone in the basement no problem.

I really did miss getting called a fucking faggot. You don't get that on PC, lol. Missed that from the 360 days.

RSTEIN

LOL

E96iASc.jpg

Here's me on the leaderboards. You know, right behind Sonic Fox and right above Perfect Legend and Pig of the Hut.

Too funny.

RSTEIN

I don't know, he never looks at his rankings. I'm sure he's very high. Danut criminalul, another popular MKX streamer, is #1 on the PS4 leaderboard. Madzin is #2.

Tru3hype!

What we've learned from the Bo Rai Cho stream:

NETCODE
Online introduces 3 frames of lag - you can set offline to 3 frames of lag to train in 1:1 environment.

STAGE FATALITY

They forgot to show another one, but confirmed they will next week

ERMAC SKIN
Crimson Ermac (like the Blue Steel Sub-Zero/Gold Scorpion ones) will be $1.99 and proceeds go to grassroots tourneys and pot bonuses. Launches same day as MKXL.

BO RAI CHO
Bad news (for me): his farts are in all variations - I was hoping we were going to have a more mature option. Fart frame traps.
Good news: he's fast/animated very well. Some really sweet moves. Supposed to be a more complex character.

Variations:
Dragon breath: blows flames/can light his farts on fire (no joke)
Drunken Master: drinks from level 1-3 (gets more moves/more powerful moves). As long as he keeps drinking, he's fine. If he stops drinking, he'll vomit and be in stun after 10 seconds. Has some cool animations.
Bartitsu: moves that use a cane (really great range on the uppercut)

Fatality shown: pours alcohol into his opponent's mouth, lights them on fire - they breathe fire then explode.
Brutality 1 shown: jump & dump (jump, ass first on face, head pops off as he farts)
Brutality 2 shown: cane takes off their head, he pours out a drink for his fallen opponent
Brutality 3 shown: blows fire on the opponent, their body burns into ash, save for the skull which sits atop it on fire.

I just want to know is the Pit stage exclusive to XL or does it come with the season 2 pass. I just want to know because I purchased season 1 pass so I won't be getting XL(Also I bought the game digitally)

vg260

Why they didn't say nothing about when the netkode was coming out tho

They had one of the programmers on this week talking about the rollback code. It was pretty interesting. He said they have been working on it since the game came out. Also some good technical explanation. He said it will be out when they have enough data and think it's ready, which should still be with XL or shortly after as noted.

RSTEIN

So pumped about KP2! Honestly none of the new characters have really resonated with me, just want the new balancing tweaks and rollback. I'm also looking forward to an influx of new players that KP2/new online will bring.

Looking to pick up a 3rd character to go along with my Kotal/Kung Jin combo. Maybe piercing Meleena or A-list.

Looks like Thursday, 4pm CST is the day/time for Alien to be in the spotlight of Netherrealm's Twitch stream. What to expect:

- full breakdown of Alien's 3 variations in practice mode
- some fights with Alien
- they typically show a character's X-ray, 1 fatality and 2 brutalities and post a third on instagram after the stream
- they have promised to show off another stage fatality (possibly two since they forgot last week?)
- they typically offer up some new tidbits about MKXL (they've talked netcode/costume plans in the past)
- then the grudge match between the two hosts

As a reminder, MKXL drops next Tuesday, March 1st w/ four new characters, the pit stage, new costumes...the improved netcode is expected to drop either with XL or very shortly thereafter. It has received rave reviews from the pros in the beta.

CD'S BAR

Awww yeah I'm hyped for this shit. Going to get the XL pack since I only got Jason from Kombat pack 1. Leatherface looks a bit more stiff than I had expected but holy fuck his hammer brutality is possibly the best in the whole game.

Awww yeah I'm hyped for this shit. Going to get the XL pack since I only got Jason from Kombat pack 1. Leatherface looks a bit more stiff than I had expected but holy fuck his hammer brutality is possibly the best in the whole game.
Agreed, the hammer brutality and his win pose are pretty excellent.

More MKXL news:
There'll be a second Kombat Kast this week focusing on the balance changes to MKX.

The've also announced a free Medieval costume pack on March 1st (release day).
img_20160224_190145-jpg.11687

Xevren

There will be an Alien Kombat Kast today and balance patch type stream tomorrow, just throwing a reminder out there for ya'll!

CD'S BAR

You guys think the forthcoming network patch will fix the team battle matchmaking? Tried that shit last night with a couple of friends for 3v3, and we let it sit there for about 8 minutes "searching for opponent" and it found none.

General:
New netcode launches day one with MKXL on March 1st.
Medieval pack launches for free March 1st (w/ compatibility pack).. Costumes for Ferra/Torr, Kotal Khan and Kung Jin.
There will be new achievements on March 1st.
Stream tomorrow 4pm CST that is all about MKXL balance patch.
Stage fatality in the refugee camp stage: opponent launched into the air and 6 or so soldiers light up the opponent with machine gun fire.

Alien:
In general, has no kick attacks, focuses on his tail. Has a tongue attack. Seems like a good mid-ranged character.

Variations:
- Acidic: spits out acid that hits + acts like Erron Black's caltrops.
- Conjurer: can lay out facehugger eggs that act as traps or can be triggered as projectiles. Can also cause a 2nd alien to drop from the top of the screen, close, mid, far. Trap variation.
- Tarkatan: has Baraka blades, does impales and blade flurries. Up close and personal variation.

X-ray: uses tail to stab opponent, ending with a tongue attack to the back of the skull.

Brutalities:
- Tarkatan, slices off the arms in a flurry and then stabs him with tail and flings him across the screen.

Fatality: tail through the torso, emerges from the shadows to split opponent in half.

stn

Really hyped for XL. I've only played MKX online once, looking forward to committing to it fully once the patch hits.

Top Bottom