• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conversations with creators - Driveclub PS4 [New footage]

untitled-2y9o4a.gif

Can't unsee the reflection of the MB disappearing and popping back in.

Very curious to see how this all turns out. I'm not a big driving fan, particularly not simulation driving, but I'm curious to see whether this pushes next gen graphics in a noticeable manner.

RayMaker

Banned
looks like there going for a very realistic look.

and from this footage they have attained that.

more footage is needed to see if forza 5 or driveclub looks better,

but given the experience turn 10 has with this genre, I think forza will have the better overall visual package

rothbart

I wish developers of racing games were all required to put an icon in the bottom of footage of their games that indicates "NOT ACTUAL _GAMEPLAY_ FOOTAGE, THIS IS REPLAY FOOTAGE" because if I see the front of the only car on the screen, chances are... it's not gameplay footage.

golem

The in game car models look like they take a serious polygon hit. will wait for better footage/captures though

coldfoot

Banned
Please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60, please be 60...

DieH@rd

Banned
I really like that mountains and trees on those distant mountains are real.

dckjojv.jpg

Also, I really dont see how this could be only 30fps game.

rothbart

I honestly don't get all the excitement over the gif of the car through the trees :( What's so impressive about it?

It represents actual gameplay footage where you race your car down a windy road from a 90° to the side viewpoint partially obscured by trees.

Saberus

This is soooo amazing, I'm totally shocked at some of the bitching in here, nothing has ever looked like this (driving game) for a home console. Maybe go back to your pc to keep you happy?

sajj316

If this is the level of realism they are attaining with Driveclub, I can't wait to see GT PS4. The footage is astonishing and I predict there will be a Forza 5 vs. Driveclub comparison thread :)

Perkel

Banned
We just found out Forza is 60 FPS. It's not hard to imagine this could be 60 FPS given the hardware differences between the PS4 and Nextbox.

Forza is sim racer and it needs 60FPS. No 60FPS in forza would total disaster.
This looks like and feel like PGR. 30FPS is unconfirmed but i don't see them targeting 60FPS

Concept17

looks like there going for a very realistic look.

and from this footage they have attained that.

more footage is needed to see if forza 5 or driveclub looks better,

but given the experience turn 10 has with this genre, I think forza will have the better overall visual package

Evolution made 3 absolutely beautiful racers, on top of which had insane visual effects in them, especially Apocalypse. Evolution is extremely talented.

iX1w8Gxut5fau.gif

Top Bottom