• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conversations with creators - Driveclub PS4 [New footage]

low-G

asjagj.gif

That's the baseline of what I expect of out 'next gen'

Gold Member
Wow it looks amazing - take my money now!

I'm liking this social idea too, sounds like an interesting twist.

orioto

Good Art™
Mix of really impressive things and not so impressive i guess. Those backgrounds don't seem so hot i don't know... The grass looks pretty boring and pop in a lot, some areas are a little empty.

At least that tree gif has chance og being real as you can see the same tree assets in other parts. But that area looks more impressive cause it's filled with trees.

p3tran

Banned
Im sorry guys..... but really... is this realtime?? It looks INSANE. My high end pc cant make racing games look like this, all of the assets are such a huge step up, I wasn't expecting this....

I know PC can do things like this but they are stuck with the current gen assets right now for the most part.

Is this 1080p native???

I am still in shock..

hmm.. maybe pc needs upgrade? ;)

Raistlin

So no one wants to talk about the gameplay aspects? The user-created challenges sound really interesting ...

I don't get why people are wondering if this is real in game footage or not. It looks like it is.

It's a racing game that finally gets to take advantage of hardware that's significantly more powerful than what we have now. I bet if they were to turn off all the special effects, it wouldn't look as amazing, but post processing something that modern gpus are good at doing along with pushing an insane amount of polygons.

Remember, these are the same people that brought out motorstorm, right? Those games looked amazing when they first came out on ps3, so of course what they do on a system that's got a gpu with more than 8x the horsepower of the RSX + the benefits of efficiency and the advancement of gpu, is going to look amazing.

I do think that it won't look as amazing in game though because you're not going to be driving on the side watching trees go by the screen, lol.

Im sorry guys..... but really... is this realtime?? It looks INSANE. My high end pc cant make racing games look like this, all of the assets are such a huge step up, I wasn't expecting this....

I know PC can do things like this but they are stuck with the current gen assets right now for the most part.

Is this 1080p native???

I am still in shock..

2009 high end pc?

adversary

Banned
the game footage looks amazing. If this is what in-game looks like for a launch title then I am super stoked for next gen.

StuBurns

Banned
Too early to talk framerate? Why? What's it running at, 30 or 60? It's a pretty simple question, I know optimization comes later in the development, but you're not going to double the fillrate in six months.

Some of the footage looks really...surreal to me, not that it looked bad, just that it doesn't have the same sort of realistic feel that GT has. I can't put my finger on it, maybe its the lighting.

The environments look quite nice but the cars look like they've been downgraded graphics wise. I am somewhat disappointed, hopefully they will improve.

Good. Open world never should have invaded the racing genre.

lol, come on now with that. There have been great open-world racing games. NFS: Underground 2, Most Wanted (2005), Burnout Paradise, Test Drive Unlimited, Forza Horizons... Just because you aren't a fan doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

test_account

XP-39C²
http://abload.de/img/asjagj.gif

LOL! No way that is in-game. Probably photomode or the intro movie like
Motorstorm's

Man the actual game reveal is going to be KZ2 CGI all over again.
I think it can be in-game, but the camera angle makes it looks extra impressive. You wont play the game from that angle, so it wont look exactly like that while playing. There are other shots of where you see the dashboard view though, that is most likely the graphic fidelity you will see when playing the game. From that view, personally i still think it looks great :)

Rustafur

Banned
why no full damage model, or at last something on Grid's level?

I believe this is something usually worked out with the licensing. If Porsche/Pagani/Peugot lets you license their pretty cars in game, they don't necessarily want them getting all jacked up and looking a mess.

Game is looking sublime for the most part. I just hope I can enjoy on the same level as any Criterion game that isn't called Burnout Paradise. It does remind me of their Need for Speed output a bit, which is good.

Razgreez

The environments look quite nice but the cars look like they've been downgraded graphics wise. I am somewhat disappointed, hopefully they will improve.

If anything it's the other way around. The environment detail does not match the cars level of detail making the cars pop out of the scene

but given the experience turn 10 has with this genre, I think forza will have the better overall visual package

No way. Ps4 is way more powerful than XboxOne and especially exclusives will show that.
Also, Evolution Studio is very talanted. Motorstorm 1-3 looked very impressive and there are also a lot of StudioLiverpool guys involved and Wipeout HD is also one of the most beautiful games out there.

p3tran

Banned
I do think that it won't look as amazing in game though because you're not going to be driving on the side watching trees go by the screen, lol.
if you d/l the 1080p version and check it, it is a rolling replay camera, very artistically-effectively placed.
your replays will look like this. of course this camera wont help you much when playing :)

Duallusion

I LOVE the look of those two tracks! I'd take these kind of tracks over circuits, no matter how famous, any day of the fucking week. Let's just hope the cars are fun to drive.

Damn, this just might be one of my PS4 day ones and that list is getting bigger by the day.

adelante

If anything it's the other way around. The environment detail does not match the cars level of detail making the cars pop out of the scene

That was my impression as well... there were some parts in there that looked pretty impressive visually but personally I found the reveal trailer more impressive

Espada

Whoa, that was scary good. So much so that I doubt some of that was actually rendered in realtime in-game. That gif with the car rushing past the trees = I said damn.

Knoxcore

A 5 minute race at the Sony conference showing off the graphics and social integration would sell this game.

I'm definitely going to keep my eye open on the visual fidelity between the PS4 and the XBO. If we can see a clear cut difference now, just imagine a few years from now.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I love how natural everything looks. The lighting and the environmental texture detail in particular. There seems to be very little repeated textures in most shots so it really heightens immersion factor for me.

Top Bottom