• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conversations with creators - Driveclub PS4 [New footage]

orioto

Good Art™
Something that looks quiet better in that famous gif is that there is sun in it. The other gameplay footage looks flat cause the weather is sad.

Afrikan

FOR ANYONE WHO SAYS ITS PHOTOMODE or replay enhancements. I can't say for sure, but every Motorstorm didn't have official replay modes...and there were no enhancements. You could pause the game and zoom out, zoom in and rotate the camera. That is why I believe there is not extra stuff going on like in GT/Forza series, regarding replay.

Foxix Von

OH! It's not a sim!?

Awesome, color me interested. I could use some next gen arcadey racing :D

Game is looking absolutely stunning with each new batch of info. Hod daym.

Perkel

Banned
I downloaded this gamersyde 1080p trailer and made some grabs. Even 1080p 500MB trailer is compressed (it shows !)

IQ is insane ! I smell bullshit. look at first grab and tell me where is aliasing hint: there is none. Looks to me like it was supersampled or has more than 4xAA. I play always 1080p with AA and you can almost always spot aliasing even with 4xaa. Also ton of DoF and Object Montion blur

If that is real then they have some very nice AA going on.

Gallery (1920x1080): open in new window each of those:

i9lPUw1EYro8S.png

I really want that IQ to be standard if this is not bullshit.

Roland1979

It does look great indeed.
Just hope it doesn't become to arcade-like.
It really doesn't have to be the GT-like realism, but hoping for a in between arcade and sim.
If it's anything like Project Gotham Racing then that would be perfect to me.

mr_nothin

Banned
It really doesn't have to be the GT-like realism, but hoping for a in between arcade and sim.

That's exactly what they're doing and it's exactly what they've stated.

That is not damage.

I know. It is created by ICE team.

Yes it is, look at the bottom...it's snapped in half

Sethos

Banned
Im sorry guys..... but really... is this realtime?? It looks INSANE. My high end pc cant make racing games look like this, all of the assets are such a huge step up, I wasn't expecting this....

I know PC can do things like this but they are stuck with the current gen assets right now for the most part.

Is this 1080p native???

I am still in shock..

Did you stop playing games in 2008? A lot of games have reached that fidelity a long, long time ago. What this game has going for it is great lighting and even pCars can match that pretty close.

they use that "easy to play, hard to master" mantra again, last time they said that we got Motorstorm RC, and that game is really really good. :D

Hoo-doo

Banned
Looks amazing.

PGR3/PGR4 lead designer at the helm also makes this game a potential candidate for best arcade racer ever.

p3tran

Banned
I downloaded this gamersyde 1080p trailer and made some grabs. Even 1080p 500MB trailer is compressed (it shows !)

IQ is insane ! I smell bullshit. look at first grab and tell me where is aliasing hint: there is none. Looks to me like it was supersampled or has more than 4xAA. I play always 1080p with AA and you can almost always spot aliasing even with 4xaa. Also ton of DoF and Object Montion blur

If that is real then they have some very nice AA going on.

Gallery (1920x1080): open in new window each of those:

I really want that IQ to be standard if this is not bullshit.

yes, I also noticed it is very clean. maybe not just replay, or maybe ps4 is a little beast after all? :)

we will see more in a few days for sure.

It does look great indeed.

also what I'd like. too arcade might ruin it for me. that guy on the video made me worry a bit..
We want to make people understand the fact that this is not a hard core racer.
its not a simulation in any way, ship or form.
its about having fun in car in very fast roads.

I hope its more complex than motorstorm and blur, which is the last game the bizarre guy did.
even a nextgen pgr, would be little more complex and more precise than last gen pgr.
I dont like full throttle and just navigate left-right. hopefully it will offer a lot more than this.

Roland1979

That's exactly what they're doing and it's exactly what they've stated.

Yes it is, look at the bottom...it's snapped in half
That's what they're saying but I got this feeling the emphasis is on arcade.
If it's really that easy to pick up and play then it's not in between.
Don't want to sound negative and hope to be wrong.
And again, it looks fantastic.

saladine1

I don't know, maybe i'm not looking at this properly but I kind of feel GT still looks more realistic, at least in Gif form...

It is not sim racing game. IT is more like PGR. PGR was 30 FPS and noone complained about it.
There is ton of people who wouldn't mind arcade racing game @ 30. I also will probably buy it at launch.

If it would be sim racing game then i wouldn't even care for it @ 30fps.

Forza Horizon was 30 FPS, one of the best looking driving games this gen and almost everyone complained about it.

KOHIPEET

Day! F+cking! One!

I've got one problem though. What it is it with all these german cars? Where is my japanese love? GT-R, IS-F, LF-A?

Yes this looks truly next gen bump...but I hope it looks like this when I am playing the damn game and this is not some replay crap.

trmas

Banned
I think you are going to see a noticeable difference between the PS4 and the XBone, especially with exclusives. I cannot wait to see what Naughty Dog is able to do

ACH1LL3US

It's not that amazing... people (particularly high-end PC enthusiasts) have been massively underestimating what a new generation of consoles means to graphics. IQ is not everything. It's not all about raw horsepower. It takes a new generation of consoles to kick game developers into making better looking stuff.

We are just starting to see the tip of the iceberg here. Many exclusive console games are going to look fundamentally better than PC games for a while again.

The assets ( cars, trees, etc) are much higher then this gen assets. I have been playing console ports on the pc for the past few years. To me, I just didn't expect the assets to jump up like this, but I am very happy I was wrong :)

Top Bottom