• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
itCGLxlyjwsfw.gif

shes gonna blow!

Amazing!

ahahaha

Honey Bunny

TV spot:

" Hey PS4 can play used games, no online fees, no need for online 24h and you can lend your games to your friend (with hushed voice and hand over mouth) not like that other console.."

Games Price boom"

best ad campaign ever.

Kind of sad that describing a list of features present in last gen consoles could sound so enticing, but that is where the XBox One has left us.

I mean.. I'd like to know. But it's not the job of our insiders to put their necks on the line like that. I mean - one post and it would be ALL OVER the internet. Risky stuff.
I'd like to believe they aren't saying anything because they don't want to steal Sony's surprise :C

Pennywise

I mean.. I'd like to know. But it's not the job of our insiders to put their necks on the line like that. I mean - one post and it would be ALL OVER the internet. Risky stuff.

This.
It wouldn't be just risky, it could also ruin Sony's plans.
We'll see about that soon :X

dosh

CBoaT found a good way to dodge that risk. But I agree: we can't ask for more, that would be quite indecent.

Someone said it before, might have been Gopher but it deserves to be said again. People gota remember that this E3 isn't just gonna be about driveclub/infamous/ and one or two other games. They will mention stuff that is far as fuck. We all know sony has no problems with doing that. We could see some potentially really big stuff that won't be out till late 2014 or even 2015.

Hey! Thought i would post this here for the gaffers to see. Some nice goodies being given away at the Virtual E3 booth this year

Virtual PlayStation E3 Booth Opens for Pre-Registration

The biggest video game event of the year, E3, is almost upon us! Following tradition, we’ve taken the actual schematics of this year’s physical PlayStation booth and recreated it in PlayStation Home, right down to the finest details. Few are fortunate enough to attend the real event, but we love sharing the experience with all the PlayStation fans out there. This E3 is shaping up to be an extraordinary one — you don’t want to miss it.

Starting later today, everyonewho pre-registers in our virtual E3 booth will earn exclusive rewards, including a Beyond: Two Souls PS3 theme. This is only available for those who pre-register this week!

8951086990_fa6daecef3_z.jpg

Log into PlayStation Home later today to pre-register and snag this exclusive bonus!

When E3′s doors open on Tuesday June 11th at noon Pacific (3:00pm Eastern), the virtual doors open too.

This year, we have even more awesome rewards, which you can snag by completing various quests. Here are a few:

Exclusive The Last Of Us PS3 Theme
8951100674_c7a620b109_z.jpg

Two free PlayStation Mobile games: Rymdkapsel and Haunt the House
8949929795_2492825486_z.jpg

Free trial of Music Unlimited
8951079064_1948805d8c_z.jpg

Exclusive Destiny PS3 theme
8951077964_f70267689c_z.jpg

Free trial of PS Plus
8949887559_60c7c6138d_z.jpg

Exclusive first wave beta access to Killzone: Mercenary, available later this year on PS Vita
8951077642_cfc823c314_z.jpg

Jump into PlayStation Home before Monday night and pre-register to earn your Beyond: Two Souls exclusive PS3 theme, then get ready for opening day, June 11th. See you there!

*PS* First post :D

This has been confirmed for both Europe and North America. You can now pre-register from the Navigator.

The full E3 showroom floor will open right after the PlayStation conference ends! You might even get a virtual look at the PS4 ;)

Perkel

Banned
Next gen game ads to be like soap detergent ads where they compare "the other guys"? No thanks. I want them to just highlight their games/services and their vision.

That is how ads work. If someone fuck things up others are just waiting for it and use it for their own good.

I loved PS2 ads back in the day but with MS like that Sony will simply use best means necessary aka project SOAP.

there's no reason for him to not get hyped for games on other platform ;P

Larry hyrb said The Last of Us LOOKS like a solid game lulz.

The difference is that anyone can see TLoU while anything that's Xbox One exclusive is probably being held back for very specific members of the press and certain devs.

ak1976

Neo Member
No, $429/$529 is terrible. The public is not paying $500 for a game console, pure and simple.

I'm thinking the new consoles will be $449 and up...

Look at the wii u deluxe set...it's 349.99 and the specs aren't that great whereas the xbone and ps4 are true next gen systems. They will have to be more than $50 compared to wii u deluxe...especially with kinect 2 having to be paired with xbone..

Izick

Wait, so when do I get that Beyond 2 Souls theme? I went to the virtual booth yesterday and it notified me that I received the theme, but I can't seem to find it. Do they roll that out during or after E3?

BadWolf

I'm thinking the new consoles will be $449 and up...

Look at the wii u deluxe set...it's 349.99 and the specs aren't that great whereas the xbone and ps4 are true next gen systems. They will have to be more than $50 compared to wii u deluxe...especially with kinect 2 having to be paired with xbone..

The WiiU's price is due to the gamepad, not the console.

EagleEyes

So we have confirmation that basic online play is free. What does this mean for everything else like cross gamechat, streaming, sharing, etc. Is everything else that enhances the online experience behind a wall? Any insiders got the scoop?

zeopower6

Wait, so when do I get that Beyond 2 Souls theme? I went to the virtual booth yesterday and it notified me that I received the theme, but I can't seem to find it. Do they roll that out during or after E3?

Did it say you got a 'token' or something? I believe when you visit the booth, you'll get it.

That was old info and thuway retracted it all we got new info from those 3 today.
Oh hell, I need to turn on some tunes!

I do imagine there will be features you can pay for. Hell I do pay $50 a year for ps+ and it has become a service I'm happy with. Please don't look up my posts when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom