• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has the best three musketeers: Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft?

ctothej

Sony. I would have picked Nintendo back in 2006, but these days I'm not a big fan of their musketeers.

And does Xbox even have three?

My body is ready, kicking ass taking names, and the presentation of Twilight Princess and DKCR are all Reggie-moments that no Sony- og MS-executive can ever come close.
Reggie did have some fine moments. The Donkey Kong Country Returns reveal was one of the coolest reveals ever. He's definitely gotten worse over the years, but that might be a side effect of Nintendo's shortcomings in general; he has more criticism to face, essentially. I'm also unsure of how much power he really has. Miyamoto and Iwata are still great, though. I'm not a fan of recent decisions, but I love their childlike nature and how they are not afraid to put up funny skits and such. The recent pictures at E3 were heartwarming.

Sony's current team seems to be doing everything right this time. I particularly like Yoshida, Cerny, and Boyes. I actually never really liked Tretton, but as a whole, Sony looks extremely focused and ready for action.

I have no opinion on Microsoft.

GQman2121

Banned
Have to go Sony here. Nintendo have the legacy, but Sony are riding an unbelievable wave of good fortune right now.

ibv4YgY0w2lMQ0.png

Alx

Hm, none, really. I can't feel sympathy for any of these guys. The only ones I (sort of) liked on stage or in interviews were Peter Moore (mostly during his Sega days) and Peter Molyneux. Although both have their annoying aspects, they're usually quite entertaining.

Nintendo, but Tretton has grown on me over the years, if only because I can't help but feel his enthusiasm whenever he gets to run competition into the ground.

Why Mehdi instead of Harrison?

Yes. No contest.

Isn't Harrison only responsible for European operations, while Medhi is Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer for Microsoft Interactive Entertainment as a whole? Kind of like if Cammie had her role for NCL instead of just NOA.

Sony has some smart, affable motherfuckers in charge right now. Nintendo has some cool ones but Reggie is a tool a and chain is only as strong as its weakest link, or something

MS's public figures are all comically offensive shitlords. You can even tell by looking at them, it's uncanny

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Sony:
i304u2R.jpg

Nintendo:
three-amigos-main.jpg

Microsoft:
three_stooges.jpeg

It's a bit unfair when you have Miyamoto in one of the trios. It's like asking who the best NBA of trio of the 90s was? The one with MJ (and Pippen).

Minigo

Nintendo and SONY would make for an awesome death match between musketeers, Microsoft don't have musketeers, It has Doucheketeers

Nintendo, out of the current three.

I actually really like Phil Spencer though, the active on Twitter, will answer questions, and even own up to mistakes he's made.

Adam Boyes seems cool too, and he's from a town in Canada that's close to where I live.

Nothing beats the Allard-Moore-Bach Xbox team though.

FStop7

Banned
Jack Tretton, the Eric Bischoff (nWo era) of video games.

Adam "Yeah" Boyes, the voice of the people in the SCEA executive offices.

And Yoshida, who is constantly throwing shade with the most innocent, shit eating grin on his face.

graywolf323

I'd say Sony if the three were Cerny, House and Yoshida

though I do like Tretton just feel Cerny has to be one of the three

Mxrz

Limiting Sony to 3 is cheating. They got more these days, In a street fight they'd roflstomp the others. Yosp should be king of PR since he, you know, actually talks to us and not just the media-bloggers like the other ones. And Boyes is even a gaffer, right?

I'll pick Nintendo for Miyamoto. Not a fan of Reggie or Iwata and couldn't pick the others out of a line-up (though I could probably guess correctly).

Miyamoto is, whether you like him recently or not, a gaming god. I didn't see any other gaming gods on the line-up. And no matter how much I hate Iwata as CEO, he is a game developer and has provided my all-time favorite console (the 3DS (with 99.9% DS BC, and awesome original games)) to me.

graywolf323

Nintendo easily as MS's three seem nonexistent and Sony's three seem like toolbags created by the internet.

you obviously have never listened to Cerny talk

edit: or Yoshida for that matter, I always look forward to his appearances on Podcast Beyond at E3

flippedb

Banned
I love Iwata, he's so charming. Miyamoto is too funny and Reggie's body is ready.

I Kaz was still a part of the SCE team, things would be more even.

oVerde

Banned
Nintendo for sure!

Phill Spencer seem constipated all the time, and Cerny is about to kill puppies with that psychopath damn face.

rouken

Nintendo easily.

And people keep saying Sony has more when Nintendo also has more than three.

1. Shibata
2. Trinnen
3. Sakurai
4. Aonuma

JLeack

Banned
Nintendo's group seem the most caring but I prefer Sony's three. Microsoft's are... well, not very charismatic.

I dont know who any of these MS people are other then Mattrick. Everyone else I see on a MS stage just seems like a rotating door of suites trying to sound hip and trendy and at some point some says some variation of "Hey did you see that popular TV program / sporting event last night? Oh Boy that was really something. I bet they ____ there ____ when that thing happened"

Darryl

Banned
i don't know who a lot of these people are. there's a wall of suits and then the man who created gaming as we know it and the other man who created the best game in the universe. i think i'm gonna go with that team.

Top Bottom