• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Examiner Rumor: Xbox One GPU upclock yay - 12 GB Ram probably nay (source is NOT B3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensama

I wonder why nobody take time to go to source of examiner?

Cause if we check them we see many things:

1- Source of Examiner is Xbox Uncut

2- The same Xbox Uncut link two sources Beyond 3D and Engadget.

3- For those two sources, one is outdated for Engadget (21 may 2013) and since there was Xbox reveal and E3 and confirmed 8 Go DDR3 RAM and other is a non reliable source on Beyond 3D.

Why nobody care?

3- For those two sources, one is outdated for Engadget (21 may 2013) and since there was Xbox reveal and E3 and confirmed 8 Go DDR3 RAM and other is a non reliable source on Beyond 3D.

Why nobody care?

the dream is still alive, why are you killing it?

Why nobody care?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope

vpance

Why nobody care?

Source IS B3D? lol

Good news if true. Console parity means people won't have to worry about being stuck with a lesser version of multiplatform games; we can all just flock to our console of choice based on OS features, price, etc.

Today we are cancelling the console wars.

Why nobody care?

He clearly states that website is the source of the rumors, not the source of his information.

"As I have said in the past, these rumors come and go and it's hard to justify reporting on every one. But when I approached a trusted source of mine regarding them... I was surprised by the answer, to say the least."

"Click here for the original source of rumors." - links to that website from B3D

beast786

DRM backtracking to match PS4 policies requiring day one patch
over clocking last secound to match PS4 and still under
Increasing RAM already due to lack of it on Day 1 already was beg by a dev also to Match PS4

Sounds like MS was really prepared for this great launch and no last minute panicking

Flatline

Banned
Btw his "source" says that this upgrade is only available for first parties and that third parties know nothing about it, so the source is Microsoft exactly like Leadbetter's bullshit article about the non-existant dual bus ESRAM. It looks like Microsoft is actively spreading bullshit left and right to muddy the waters about the power difference, a fucking pathetic tactic to say the least.

The news of this bump in clock speed was announced to first parties only, as they "actively spread disinformation to 3rd parties just before reveal to prevent leaks."

statham

DRM backtracking to match PS4 policies requiring day one patch
over clocking last secound to match PS4 and still under
Increasing RAM already due to lack of it on Day 1 already was beg by a dev also to Match PS4

Sounds like MS was really prepared for this great launch and no last minute panicking
So you believe this rumor?

offshore

MS really don't need to upgrade anything. It's a capable box backed by all the publishers.

What they need is an upclock in their PR.

MS have never gone into detail over the specs so its not out of the question.

Cant wait for the tear downs judging from what we still have with the wiiu thread

Cheech

I think Xbone's biggest problem is worldwide adoption. In the U.S. it'll do fine. In the UK, probably the same. But everywhere else? I think it's going to be brutal.

And that might just be "good enough", at least in the beginning of the generation. Hell, Japan and non-UK EU was the only place the PS3 got any kind of traction in 2006/2007.

Microsoft's biggest error was price. What they were thinking having one $500 SKU, when Sony made the exact same mistake with the PS3, I can't imagine. I'd guess the price of the Xbone is most likely going to "hard" drop by next summer, with "soft" drops (free controller, free games, etc.) happening before then.

RulkezX

So the article claims 4 months before you can pick one of these up in a shop that MS is now asking devs what hardware changes they would like AND feeding them misinformation about the real specs of the system.....

kensama

He clearly states that website is the source of the rumors, not the source of his information.

"As I have said in the past, these rumors come and go and it's hard to justify reporting on every one. But when I approached a trusted source of mine regarding them... I was surprised by the answer, to say the least."

"Click here for the original source of rumors." - links to that website from B3D

Ok, but doesn't change the fact that nobody investigate on sources of examiner and sources of Xbox uncut.
All these believe was no more if everybody had to do this.

Plus i would had that at 5 month from launch, made this change irrelevant or delay launch of Xbox One.

At this point it's not hope but despair.

the dream is still alive, why are you killing it?

Cause i prefer now than to see wave of suicide at launch ;)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So the article claims 4 months before you can pick one of these up in a shop that MS is now asking devs what hardware changes they would like AND feeding them misinformation about the real specs of the system.....

All while spreading "disinformation" to those self-same third parties (in the form of what, purposely fucked dev-kits?) to keep the bombastic truth from getting out!

Hot rumours brah!

andycapps

Good, hopefully they can throw in some secret sauce with this upclocking of the GPU. Changing things just before assembly starts should definitely help with ensuring this console lasts the years that consumers will have it.
lol

This rumor is bullshit, it's too late for improvements to be made for either of the consoles. Downgrades would be possible depending on yields of chips.

Oh god. The author of the article is who? Exactly. Anyone can write for Examiner. Sorry, ekim, his "sources" is probably B3D and whatever else he's heard on the net. Why are people still doing this to themselves? MS had 3 whole months to figure out if they wanted to upgraded their specs since Sony's reveal in february. If they had something planned they would of announced their full specs in may.

I remember when someone from Examiner was stealing my stories & posting them without giving me credit so yeah they are pretty much internet scavengers.

Well if you were the source of terrible Examiner stories that says more about you than the Examiner writers ;)

It's true though, I don't take Examiner stories very seriously in general

Btw his "source" says that this upgrade is only available for first parties and that third parties know nothing about it, so the source is Microsoft exactly like Leadbetter's bullshit article about the non-existant dual bus ESRAM. It looks like Microsoft is actively spreading bullshit left and right to muddy the waters about the power difference, a fucking pathetic tactic to say the least.

Standard operating procedure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt#Microsoft

beast786

Why do Titanfall dev asking for more RAM?

Didn't they got the memo for Infinity power of the cloud? What will happen to the 360 version ?

I don't want to sound like I'm looking for the negative... But is this type of last minutes change partially responsible for the early 360 hardware failures? Meaning, increased clock rate produces excess heat that wasn't accounted for in the original design?

Minigo

Ekim mein Mann, Höre niemals auf, an deine Träume zu glauben, I hope all your Xbone dreams come true, you deserve it, you are the Fan that Xbox needs and Reiko's true successor.

I don't want to sound like I'm looking for the negative... But is this type of last minutes change partially responsible for the early 360 hardware failures? Meaning, increased clock rate produces excess heat that wasn't accounted for in the original design?

there's no last minute changes, this is all FUD.

ekim

Ekim mein Mann, Höre niemals auf, an deine Träume zu glauben, I hope all your Xbone dreams come true, you deserve it, you are the Fan that Xbox needs and Reiko's true successor.

WTF - I'm totally fine with the PS4 being more powerful than X1 and I'm totally fine with the specs of the X1. Reporting on those rumors doesn't mean, I'm delusional like those guys over at B3D or MistXMedia and make shit up. And as you might have noticed on the last post on page 3, I voted for closing this thread as the rumor was debunked by GopherD and Matt.

Crisco

Banned
This is going to be the most entertaining console war ever. Like if the internet was as prevalent as it is today during the 16-bit era.

ekim

I asked the author for his source's track record and this was his response:
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-ubisoft-revealing-new-racing-ip-called-the-crew-at-e3-2013
http://www.examiner.com/article/first-screenshot-of-assassin-s-creed-black-flag-surfaces

I checked both articles and yep: he was the first confirming the name for AC:BF and the first screenshot came from him if I didn't mix things up:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512183

And his confirmation on "The Crew" was also right:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570561

El_Chino

I asked the author for his source's track record and this was his response:
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-ubisoft-revealing-new-racing-ip-called-the-crew-at-e3-2013
http://www.examiner.com/article/first-screenshot-of-assassin-s-creed-black-flag-surfaces

I checked both articles and yep: he was the first confirming the name for AC:BF and the first screenshot came from him if I didn't mix things up:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512183

And his confirmation on "The Crew" was also right:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570561
Hmm, still though. Developers here have already debunked it.

Saberus

Oh god.. the examiner? thats like the national enquirer of games. Even going to their web site is like spam central.

i-Lo

Of all the games to have issues with RAM, I'd have never guess titanfall. Hopefully, the cloud will compensate.

Also, I wonder just how much extra heat that alleged clock speed increase will result in...

Flatline

Banned
Hmm, still though. Developers here have already debunked it.

Developers obviously know nothing because Microsoft lied to them according to the article.

Don't you see? It all makes sense! Microsoft risks its relationship with developers to hide a minor upclock even though Sony can't upgrade the PS4 specs anyway at this time. So then the source that is obviously Microsoft since noone else knows about it, leaks it anyway!

Averon

Dear lord...some people really, really don't want to come to terms with the hardware situation between the Xbone and PS4. Then again, given the assumptions that were made running up to the consle reveals (MS wouldn't release weaker hardware than Sony, Sony can't afford to compete with MS hardware-wise, etc...), I'll be shocked, too, if MS actually released weaker hardware and Sony stronger hardware. Thankfully I never paid much mind to those assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom