• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 3 SP Campaign screenshot

armubaba

After a day of July 4th partying and dead Internet, I come back to GAF, only to find this. I love you GAF, you never fail me. <3 <3 <3

Back on topic- OMG HALO 3 SP IS AWESOME!!!11!11!!!ONE!!ELEVEN

Rat Salad

Banned
Game looks great. I think whats happened is some of the haters had their hearts crushed when they saw this picture and realized the game didn't take a hit and wind up with multiplayer visuals. You really got to hand it to them though,theyre coming out of the woodworks for this game,it makes them feel quite uneasy.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
gofreak said:
Umm..to get things back on track, perhaps..

..do we know what to expect in terms of a playable presence at E3? I guess some multiplayer stuff is a shoe-in post-beta, but will there even be hands-on for select press folk on the single player, or will they do a on-stage demo, or..?

No clue. Like G, I was thinking that it would be pretty light leading up to next week, but Bungie has been steadily feeding us delicious screens, so who knows? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Elite reveal, some new multiplayer maps and modes, and maybe a trailer or short glimpse of the campaign. That last bit is wishful thinking, but Bungie seems to be more generous then usual as of late. Makes me think they are pretty confident about where the game stands.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Mojovonio said:
I'll ask again

Since my question got buried beneath the trolling.

Does this pretty much confirm that MC landed in Africa?
Yeah, that's probably Mt. Kilimanjaro behind him.
Just west of the Mombasa ruins.

thekad

Banned
I wonder how they're going to do the "tutorial" this time seeing as how the Chief is on a Covenant ship and the first level is apparently in
a jungle

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
I remember a couple of years ago, when MS showed Halo2 @ E3.. where the famous "drop kick" that MC did on a covie and took control of the vehicle.. (damn, forgot the name)..
anyways, when that was shown, a guy made a funny comment on a different forum.. that was something like: "OMG, I can´t stop jizzing"... i tought it sounded pretty funny, one vid-clip and the guys d*ck went out of control...

....Im almost that guy now, by looking at this screen. A vid-clip would be sweet...

VonGak!

Banned
thekad said:
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/halo3-3-lg.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/706/706251/halo-3-20060509050936084.jpg

How can you honestly say that this Chief looks the same?

One can't and personally I'm glad that Bungie opted for a less detailed MC.

MC from E3 '06 took up processing power for at least one if not two extra grunts or pace.

No need to do like KillZone for PS2 and let graphics get in the way of gameplay.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Maximilian E. said:
I remember a couple of years ago, when MS showed Halo2 @ E3.. where the famous "drop kick" that MC did on a covie and took control of the vehicle.. (damn, forgot the name)..
anyways, when that was shown, a guy made a funny comment on a different forum.. that was something like: "OMG, I can´t stop jizzing"... i tought it sounded pretty funny, one vid-clip and the guys d*ck went out of control...

....Im almost that guy now, by looking at this screen. A vid-clip would be sweet...

Start doing kegels before it's too late. Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't ruin your pants.

thekad

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
what's shocking?

that the game looks good or that 360 consoles have an usually high failure rate?

neither should be shocking, both should be obvious.

That the latter has nothing to do with this thread.

Pug

Halo 3 seems to scare so many posters who, A will never play it and B don't own the console its being developed for. These posters should feel safe and smug in the knowledge that KZ2 will look better, even if it doesn't, will play better, even it doesn't and is on a console they own.

I thought the small screen of this posted earlier was a render and now the bigger screen has been shown I'm glad to be proved wrong, it looks fantastic.

f@luS

More than a member.
it looks good, but id like to see others models (covenant...), because i really think that MC's model is one hell of an easy model to do (dont need a lot of poly, kinda cubic corners everywhere.)

Anyway, cant wait

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
AltogetherAndrews said:
... you'd figure someone actually playing the game on-stage would count as pretty clear confirmation, but hey.

I still don't see the issue here. Aside from less excessive micro-bumpage, this looks about as good as expected, if not a bit better. Which is a good thing.

Yes, we know about what happened with the Halo 2 presentation... my question is why is it the sole straw that people are hanging onto? What about the E3 right after that with the MP demonstration? The magazine and website shots after that? Practically EVERY bit of media after that?

My point is that when they said that "this is a grab from the game itself", it has always been so... why are people skipping past this bit in my posts?

But anyways, we can see that even with this non-final shot, they've met and surpassed their target - which is all that matters to me, and I'm glad you like it too... no need for us to argue since there is no issue...

syllogism said:
It's amazing how people never learn

Sigh... read my post above if you want... what else is there to learn? Just wait for yourself then... I know I won't need to, seeing as the screenshots of the Beta looked just like what I played not too long ago, aside from the AA...

But whatever.

September 25th.

Me? I'm gonna continue enjoying this lovely shot...

pringles

The Faceless Master said:
what's shocking?

that the game looks good or that 360 consoles have an usually high failure rate?

neither should be shocking, both should be obvious.
He says that anyone who says Halo 3 doesn't look good is a troll, yet he
1. Without any reason whatsoever, brings up the 360's tendency to break
2. Says that "Halo sucks as a game"

camineet

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
Did anyone notice that the rifle has a power button?

Untitled-5.jpg

Looks better then the original SP shot, shittons better.

agreed!

szaromir

Banned
StevieP said:
Clearly, I mean look at that damn HUD covering up the Master Chief's sexyness. They should've given us a cutscene shot instead.
I think you should reread the thread and stop posting here.

Mojovonio

Banned
persiannight said:
Well at least the downgrade isn't going to be as big as Killzone E3 2007... :lol

AMIRITE!?!?! :lol

oh jesus, now you've invited them in.

Sony Fanboys are like vampires, they can't enter an Xbox thread unless they're invited.

Tieno

persiannight said:
Well at least the downgrade isn't going to be as big as Killzone E3 2007... :lol

AMIRITE!?!?! :lol
Why? Lets try to keep it civil. This is about Halo, don't bring in this stupid internet Vs. drama.

FFChris

If mods actually came and took a look at this thread, I'm sure the numbers of the Gaf posting population would take a significant drop.

segarr

Mojovonio said:
Its not necessarily old, per say.

Those screens are taken at different points in the game.

Really?

Hmm, interesting.

I'd love to see the Chiefs armor get progressively worse as you get further in the game.

tanod

when is my burrito
PhatSaqs said:
This thread :lol

Mods much?

Some people get really defensive. If 10 people didn't feel the need to respond to every troll comment, the thread wouldn't be half troll, or about troll posts. It happens to every popular series. It doesn't matter what system it's on. Just ignore it and move on.

EDIT: Don't feed the trolls.

raYne

RunWhiteBoyRun said:
Does the Battle Rifle really have the Red Ring of Death on it, or am I seeing things?
:lol! Assault Rifle... and it's a 'shop.

It does have a power button though. Heh.

All jokes aside, the armor texture is different from the E3 trailer. I personally prefer the look of the grittier armor from the E3 trailer. But who knows... maybe it progresses to that at some point in the game...

danwarb

I'm still 99% convinced that this is the in-game model. Is there any reason why the cinematic cut-scenes can't be as shiny as that E3 trailer?

vdo

When I saw the small version of this pic in the Patcher Pachter thread, I thought it was another promo shot that was too good to be true, like the e3 one. And actually, like some people, I prefer this shot over the e3 shot for a lot of reasons - there are some things I like about the e3 shot, but overall this new shot is just better all around in terms of the impact of how it looks, to me at least.

When I saw in this thread, with the quote about the new shot being in game, I thought holy crap!

I always forget about being able to call something "in game" but still being part of a cutscene, though.

If this is only part of a cutscene with the battlefield only showing that big during the cutscene, then it's a very good looking cutscene.

If it is a cutscene, but the battlefield is really playable that big, then to me it is a very good looking cutscene with a game scale that is incredible.

But if this is not a cutscene and is how the game would look when you walk up close to someone else during normal game play, then I would say that this game has the best visuals so far, IMO. I know that is saying a lot, but really this screenshot looks that good to me. Because that would mean a huge environment while still having detailed characters and AA to go along with it. And the lighting is insane - the shinyness of the metal on that gun is perfect - not too shiney, not too dull, just the right amount of depth to the texture. If this is what we can start expecting AAA games to pull off in the next few years, then I think we are finally seeing the improvement these new gen HD consoles can deliver.

Dirtbag

Somebody get a mod in here,
Getting 500'd left and right, and its b4 E3 week.... not a good sign.

Too much traffic on the servers.... start banning! Do it!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
vdo said:
If it is a cutscene, but the battlefield is really playable that big, then to me it is a very good looking cutscene with a game scale that is incredible.

It's not a cutscene, it's a carefuly posed screenshot from Campaign. You can carefully pose and take your own screenshots in Campaign, in the game, in Sept 25th. You can recreate this pose exactly.

Proelite

Stinkles said:
It's not a cutscene, it's a carefuly posed screenshot from Campaign. You can carefully pose and take your own screenshots in Campaign, in the game, in Sept 25th. You can recreate this pose exactly.

Does Halo 3 feature this much AA ingame or is it some post-processing only for the screenshots.

Top Bottom