• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 3 SP Campaign screenshot

Tieno

H3_WSJ_CHIEF.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12621

Well, well well, what's going on here? We're saying nothing about what's going on in the above image other than it is a screenshot taken in-game from Halo 3. You may now commence rabid speculation, inevitably followed by wishing that you were friends with a super-genius doctor who was willing to drive you to Sept. 25 in his '80s sports car. Want a meatier version? Peep the screenshots gallery.

-Lighting looks really sweet!
-Green hills
-Mountain in the background is probably Kilimanjaro
6g9zk08.jpg

There was another, touched up, version of this screenshot in the Wallstreet Journal, it's a bit brighter and there's more background.
PJ-AK511A_pjBIG_20070703195116.jpg

4qec45j.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Yes please...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Like I said before in the other thread, this is why we love you Stinkles!

So awesome... off to see the bigger version now!

Edit: Ghaleon done did it already!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Why did my hype just jump from seeing this plain picture? :lol

Master Chief looks awesome.

Hey, is it me or does that little green light on the side, look like a power icon. Like, something to turn a light on or something. 360 light maybe? I dunno.

syllogism

That's the first fairly impressive halo 3 "in-game" screenshot I've seen. Were Halo 1&2 cutscenes better looking than the actual gameplay?

edit: oh, in that case i take it back

GhaleonEB

szaromir said:
Armor textures seem downgraded.
beautiful nonetheless
Frank said the cinematic characters have more detail than the in-game versions, just as they did in Halo 2. That could be the reason; it could also be that they decided not to make him sparkle as much. The texture quality is high - but it is different.

Tieno

GhaleonEB said:
Frank said the cinematic characters have more detail than the in-game versions, just as they did in Halo 2. That could be the reason; it could also be that they decided not to make him sparkle as much. The texture quality is high - but it is different.
The E3 Chief was maybe a bit too 'gold'. This one looks more green. Lighting definately improved, less yellow more real and subtle.

NinSoX

Banned
I thought it was a piece of art and at most I thought the mountains was just a bitmap from seeing that small image. I will eat shit now

I knew it... it was downgraded...

It looks mega sharp. I love the weapon texture and the AA. Everything else was downgraded :(

Still looks good though.

szaromir

Banned
I love AAx4 (YES YES YES YES) and soft self shadows (at least it seems to me that his helmet is casting that :p). Bungie didn't disappoint.:D

GhaleonEB

Tieno said:
The E3 Chief was maybe a bit too 'gold'. This one looks more green. Lighting definately improved, less yellow more real and subtle.
Yup, I think the quality level is the same (now that I've compared), just tweaked.

Now that I'm done fapping furiously and can think straight:

1) that looks like a massive explosion reflecting off his visor

2) Look at all the ground territory in the background - it looks traversable. It also looks much larger than we ever saw in even Halo 1.

gotta go fap again

Top Bottom