• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 3 SP Campaign screenshot

tombur

Looks a shit-ton better without that stupid PDZ normal map on the old model. It now looks like metal, not gravel :D

TheDuce22

Banned
The scale looks insane. I hope it translates into gameplay. Encounters with dozens of enemys on a battlefield that large would be revolutionary for an FPS.

Cheeto

Did anyone notice that the rifle has a power button?

Untitled-5.jpg

Looks better then the original SP shot, shittons better.

So...basically all that stuff Bungie said about campaign looking better than multi was true. I won't be the first to bump old threads. :lol

Bungie really is the master of the Bullshot, I'm not believing anything from them till I see it in a game running on a television set.

The colour is different (better imo) and the glossy pebble-dashing of the suit is not there.

Everything else seems very close and the overall look is a LOT more realistic.

FFChris

Metalmurphy said:
I knew it... it was downgraded...

It looks mega sharp. I love the weapon texture and the AA. Everything else was downgraded :(

Uh oh, you might want to edit that word out.

ant1532

Banned
It looks like it's early in the game since his suit is ever so fresh so clean. But I mean, where did he land on earth? It's all jungle-ish... Or is that another Halo....

thekad

Banned
Shin Johnpv said:
Bungie really is the master of the Bullshot, I'm not believing anything from them till I see it in a game running on a television set.

Every developer/publisher does bullshots.

I mean it is not a dramatic downgrade, but I expected Bungie to keep its word to match the visuals of the E3 06 trailer.

angrygay

Metalmurphy said:

It looks mega sharp. I love the weapon texture and the AA. Everything else was downgraded :(

Still looks good though.

doesn't look any worse too many. besides we haven't seen it in motion.

methinks someone is trollin

Metalmurphy said:

Hey it's Metalmurphy. He's being negative about something X360 related.
::Feigns shock::

traveler

Not Wario
Well, all it says is in-game....so maybe my earlier post could be correct.

Killimanjaro multiplayer map? :D

Maybe I'm dreaming too much now...

My god. These are the most polished textures and lighting effects I've seen since the beginning of this gen.

I'm impressed. By Halo. WHO KNEW?

GhaleonEB

Razoric said:
H3_WSJ_CHIEFNEWS.jpg

halo3-3-lg.jpg

I like the newer look better personally.

Yeah. The model looks the same, and the texture quality is the same - but he's now a different color and more metalic, less glittery. I like.

what is he looking at?

Could it be that massive explosion Luke described the other day?

thekad said:
Every developer/publisher does bullshots.

No, not all of them do, a lot of them yes but not all. That doesn't make it a valid excuse to do them though. Your mother:"If everyone was jumping off a bridge would you as well." Personally I'm sick of bullshots.

I mean it is not a dramatic downgrade, but I expected Bungie to keep its word to match the visuals of the E3 06 trailer.

Until we see this running on an actual piece of hardware, we won't really know how close it is. The memory of the Halo 2 video and then what Halo 2 ACTUALLY looked like is still fresh in my head.

thekad

Banned
Anyway, it will still be the best looking console game to be released this year even if it does not match the E3 trailer imo.

Metalmurphy said:
Anyone with two eyes can tell the new suit textures is lower resolution, no bump/shaders on it, and the HDR was toned down. Why would i edit what i say?

I mean...
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/H3_WSJ_CHIEF.jpg
http://www.clubskill.com/downloads/Halo 3/halo3new07032.JPG

But like i said... it still looks great.

:lol

Something tells me you would complain about overly bright lighting and glossy bumpy armor if it looked EXACTLY the same.

Tieno said:
GREEN HILLS CONFIRMED!! :D
That's one of Halo 1's staples I loved so so much.
Absolutely! This is what I'm talking about!

I wouldn't put too much stock in what he's looking at. It could be water, it could be leaves, it could be placeholder. Who knows. It's looks really good, nah, it looks ****ing great.

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah. The model looks the same, and the texture quality is the same - but he's now a different color and more metalic, less glittery. I like.

what is he looking at?

Could it be that massive explosion Luke described the other day?
It's the GAFsplosion happening right now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ant1532 said:
It looks like it's early in the game since his suit is ever so fresh so clean. But I mean, where did he land on earth? It's all jungle-ish... Or is that another Halo....

his right breast plate still has the damage markings from the announcement trailer and that is most def. africa

i prefer the look of the old announcement MC. looks more cg and better textured, but this isnt far off and looks more like a design change then a "downgrade"

Top Bottom