• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada NPD - July 2007

Dalthien

July 2007:

1 (2) WII - Wii Play
2 (14) PS2 - Guitar Hero II w/ Guitar Controller
3 (-) PS2 - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s
4 (3) DS - Pokemon Diamond
5 (1) WII - Mario Party 8
6 (6) 360 - Guitar Hero II w/ Guitar Controller
7 (-) PS2 - Transformers: The Game
8 (5) DS - Pokemon Pearl
9 (10) DS - New Super Mario Bros.
10 (-) DS - Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
11 (7) WII - Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
12 (8) WII - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
13 (9) WII - Super Paper Mario
14 (11) WII - Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
15 (-) WII - Mario Strikers Charged
16 (17) DS - Mario Kart DS
17 (-) 360 - Transformers: The Game
18 (12) WII - Pokemon Battle Revolution
19 (-) PS3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma
20 (18) PS3 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

WII - 8
DS - 5
PS2 - 3
360 - 2
PS3 - 2

I figured I'd share the numbers that I do have while we wait for the July hardware numbers (here's hoping we get them).

1st half of 2007: (January - June)

WII - 221,500 (LTD - 305,500)
DS - 192,000
PS2 ~ 150,000
PSP - 83,000
X360 - 65,000 (missing Mar/07) - LTD = 349,500 (missing Dec/05 & Mar/07)
GBA - 50,000
PS3 ~ 40,000 (LTD ~ 85,000)

Lower Wii shipments, it seems.

Bioshock.

Threi said:
holy crap @ the wii.

Its even smashing the DS.

I called it(and still am), Wii will be in NA what the DS is in Japan. Same philosophy done in different ways that is suited to different regions and cultures.

Odysseus

Banned
bud said:
seriously, does every ntard know what nintendo is shipping on a weekly/monthly basis

there's a newsletter you can sign up for... "nintendo shipments weekly," let me find the url...

bud said:
seriously, does every ntard know what nintendo is shipping on a weekly/monthly basis
Well,no. Wii software actually went down and Wii Play numbers could just be an indication that it was a slow month. It was easy. You don't have to a be an ntard to extrapolate that.

Odysseus

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
Well,no. Wii software actually went down and Wii Play numbers could just be an indication that it was a slow month. It was easy. You don't have to a be an ntard to extrapolate that.

on the other hand, wii play being #1 could point to wii hardware selling exceptionally well since, you know, second controllers...

DevelopmentArrested said:
Thought so. Thanks.
That's a poor excuse. A game with good sales, even when released with only a few days would have charted higher, unless it;s an exception with thunder legs, i.e. Mario Party 8.

Odysseus said:
on the other hand, wii play being #1 could point to wii hardware selling exceptionally well since, you know, second controllers...

Just erring on the side of caution because of Bioshock.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
titiklabingapat said:
That's a poor excuse. A game with good sales, even when released with only a few days would have charted higher, unless it;s an exception with thunder legs, i.e. Mario Party 8.

It was out for less than a week..I think it did pretty well. Maybe not OMG AMAZING but it did decent enough.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
legend166 said:
I remember someone saying that NPD Canada went by calender months. So Strikers would have had 1 day on the chart.

Oh is it different dates than N.A?

Top Bottom