• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada NPD - July 2007

People overreact to Wii Play sales.

It only sells because people look at it and say "a free controller? All right!"

Even though it's really more like a $40.00 controller and a budget game, the game isn't terrible, especially for $10.00.

Kafel

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
People overreact to Wii Play sales.

It only sells because people look at it and say "a free controller? All right!"

Even though it's really more like a $40.00 controller and a budget game, the game isn't terrible, especially for $10.00.

WELCOME TO 2006

Blackface

Banned
B-Rad Lascelle said:
No crying when Wii Play outsells BioShock... okay guys?

I posted a thread about Bioshock on a non-gaming board and about 20 people replied with "Thats the worst piece of shit looking game I have ever seen or played" and another guy responded with "those graphics don't look next-gen, and the water is horrible".

Proc

I bought 2 ps3 games in July, Sigma + Motorstorm, of which I traded Sigma in for Persona 3. It's going to take a while before the ps3 catches on in my circle of Canadian friends at least.

Trax416 said:
I posted a thread about Bioshock on a non-gaming board and about 20 people replied with "Thats the worst piece of shit looking game I have ever seen or played" and another guy responded with "those graphics don't look next-gen, and the water is horrible".
I command you to hunt them down individually and... "re-educate" them.

Trax416 said:
Huh?

Threi

notag
Trax416 said:

Not all devs can pull off godzilla water ya know.

Milabrega said:
ReWii and Striker's Under performed =(

RE4 is an enhanced remake of a last-gen game, which is available on the GCN for $10.00 less, which can be played on the Wii

The fact that people didn't just buy the GCN version shows that it performed just fine.

ksamedi

The Faceless Master said:
finally, something other than bioshock to talk about!

QFT,
They even stickied the official Bioschock thread, that didnt even happen to the Wii virtual console discussion thread, which is probably going to last for another year or more.

Tiktaalik

Sho_Nuff82 said:
No one plays football in Canada?

You are correct. There isn't even a CFL video game. The month NHL 08 and NHL 2k8 come out however, expect to see those in games at the top of the charts.

ksamedi said:
QFT,
They even stickied the official Bioschock thread, that didnt even happen to the Wii virtual console discussion thread, which is probably going to last for another year or more.
The ironing of it all is, I never notice stickies, so I didn't even know there was an official Bioshock thread with over 2000 replies.

Souldriver said:
What Capcom game is on the list? All I see are Activision, Wii and DS games.

ksamedi said:
QFT,

Stikies are more of a death sentence, really.

Souldriver said:
The ironing of it all is, I never notice stickies, so I didn't even know there was an official Bioshock thread with over 2000 replies.

See? I'm not alone.

There's no need to sticky the VC thread. It's bumped when it needs to be bumped, Wed-Sun there's hardly much going on.

The NEW GEN NEXT GEN HDTV thread of people with way more money than me should be unstickied just because it makes me feel bad.

jrricky

Banned
ksamedi said:
QFT,
Why did they do this?

Frillen

RE4Wii has already sold more than what Capcom expected it to sell this fiscal year. So it actually sells extremely well.

If Strikers was only out for 1 day, then a 15th place is outstanding.

jrricky said:
I know, why would they hide the Smash Bros thread?

I imagine the reason threads are stickied is to attempt to stop numerous threads being made about the same topic. Although that's clearly not came close to happening with Bioshock SSBB fever isn't at the point where we need one central location for all it's love.

I don't even know how we got on this topic now...

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Canadians are the most open-minded and enlightened people on the planet, so the success of the wii here isnt surprising.

Threi

notag
Slurpy said:
Canadians are the most open-minded and enlightened people on the planet, so the success of the wii here isnt surprising.

We are also very very good looking.

It's something in the water.

Firestorm

September will be a great month for American reactions.

1. PS2 - NHL 08
2. 360 - NHL 08
3. XBX - NHL 08
4. PS3 - NHL 08
5. 360 - NHL 2k8
etc.

rs7k

I will say that the PS3 has held the #1 spot online at futureshop.ca, ever since the 150 price drop.

Mrbob

Firestorm said:
September will be a great month for American reactions.

1. PS2 - NHL 08
2. 360 - NHL 08
3. XBX - NHL 08
4. PS3 - NHL 08
5. 360 - NHL 2k8
etc.

No more different than seeing Madden on 7 of the top 10 in the USA August 2007 NPD.

Top Bottom