• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada NPD - July 2007

The Wal-Mart I work at got tons of Wii shipments last month so all these Wii games selling isn't surprising. We'd get about 20 Wii's every few days and it was advertised in nearly every flyer. We got so many shipments in fact that you would see the same Wii's on shelves for up to 3 days at a time because people knew they didn't have to rush out to get one.

DreD

rs7k said:
I will say that the PS3 has held the #1 spot online at futureshop.ca, ever since the 150 price drop.

Not my intention to troll, but Wii has been out of stock for a while there...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Odysseus said:
there's a newsletter you can sign up for... "nintendo shipments weekly," let me find the url...
pm me that url, please. thx.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
gimz said:

i guess lots of people are returning their wii :(
I don't think he meant to say the wii would sell in negative amounts. I believe the "-" was put there to demarcate the number, like a bullet point.

Odysseus said:
what kind of sick freak are you if you want gahiggidy to be perpetually sad? have you no soul?
But you can tell he's relishing each and every tidbit morsel of this satisfaction/vindication. It's kind of creepy seeing your worst qualities seen in other people :lol

dkeane

Gahiggidy are we ever going to se your Wii set-up?
The gamecube set-up was amazing I'd like to see where you're at now.

Slavik81

Slurpy said:
Canadians are the most open-minded and enlightened people on the planet, so the success of the wii here isnt surprising.
They're also the most humble and modest people on the planet.

rs7k

Slavik81 said:
They're also the most humble and modest people on the planet.

If you stay out of Toronto. So many dickheads there, I love it (I live in T.O so I can say whatever, lol).

Gahiggidy

titiklabingapat said:
I don't like happy gahiggidy.
depressed.jpg

Milabrega said:
ReWii and Striker's Under performed =(

Please tell me your joking.

Strikers came out on July 31st. It had little time to sell, particularly in a country where soccer isn't all that popular.

Resident Evil 4 is in its second month. Not only did it just miss out on the top 10 (after being 7th last month), not only did it beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma's debut month, it's also a nearly 3 year old port of a game that has already been on 3 systems. I think it's doing just fine.

Threi

notag
Alkaliine said:
Please tell me your joking.

Strikers came out on July 31st. It had little time to sell, particularly in a country where soccer isn't all that popular.

Resident Evil 4 is in its second month. Not only did it just miss out on the top 10 (after being 7th last month), not only did it beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma's debut month, it's also a nearly 3 year old port of a game that has already been on 3 systems. I think it's doing just fine.

This makes me cry.

Hopefully the U20 world cup would have at least raised some interest...

sphinx

the piano man
I am trying to find a thread I can bioshock but it seems every thread in neogaf has been bioshocked already

:(

Odysseus

Banned
has it been mentioned yet that this thread is useless without numbers? because it's useless without numbers. just in case no one had pointed out the uselessness of this thread without numbers.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Odysseus said:
has it been mentioned yet that this thread is useless without numbers? because it's useless without numbers. just in case no one had pointed out the uselessness of this thread without numbers.

Yup. Waiting patiently....

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
VultureDude said:
I hope RE4 is sending a powerful message to the third parties; Capcom in particular.

To remake all their older games for the Wii? I'm not sure that's a message I want them to get.

Cruceh

Banned
Threi said:
This makes me cry.

Hopefully the U20 world cup would have at least raised some interest...
Well, if it means anything, whenever I watch a Toronto FC match on TV, the place is always packed and very loud. Too bad they can't put out a good team on the field.

Dahbomb

Surprised to see NGS in the top 20. Most people didn't predict it to even come at that level, same for Rainbow 6.

Wow @ Wii... seriously.

Evlar

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Surprised to see NGS in the top 20. Most people didn't predict it to even come at that level, same for Rainbow 6.

Wow @ Wii... seriously.
Yeah, seeing NGS on there is a bit of a surprise.

Wii won't do as well in the US (but will still kick some ass).

C4Lukins

ComputerNerd said:
Wii Play #1?

So after what? 6 months? Wii Play is actually going up on the charts?

It is not hard to believe. You would have to be semi retarded to buy a second Wii controller and not buy Wii Play. The game itself is as good as most of their minigame collections, and it is only ten dollars more then a controller, and it comes with a controller. If only the 360 would sell a wireless controller with Geometry Wars attached to it, it could become one of the bestselling games of all time. You guys really need to stop pretending that Wii Play "the game" is selling so well.

PS: And holy shit Canada has gone Wii crazzzzzzzzy.

Dalthien

I figured I'd share the numbers that I do have while we wait for the July hardware numbers (here's hoping we get them).

1st half of 2007: (January - June)

WII - 221,500 (LTD - 305,500)
DS - 192,000
PS2 ~ 150,000
PSP - 83,000
X360 - 65,000 (missing Mar/07) - LTD = 349,500 (missing Dec/05 & Mar/07)
GBA - 50,000
PS3 ~ 40,000 (LTD ~ 85,000)

koam

Dalthien said:
I figured I'd share the numbers that I do have while we wait for the July hardware numbers (here's hoping we get them).

1st half of 2007: (January - June)

WII - 221,500 (LTD - 305,500)
DS - 192,000
PS2 ~ 150,000
PSP - 83,000
X360 - 65,000 (missing Mar/07) - LTD = 349,500 (missing Dec/05 & Mar/07)
GBA - 50,000
PS3 ~ 40,000 (LTD ~ 85,000)

Are those LTDs accurate or estimates? Shall i update the takeover thread with them? i.e we were missing feb numbers or march numbers of all consoles.

cvxfreak said:
Time for Capcom to create REmake: Wii Edition!
Nah. RE and RE0 should really be played they way they're designed now. 2, 3, and CVX on the other hand would be awesome in the over the shoulder perspective. Maybe with 2+3 as a single game and CVX as the other. Oh yeah. REmake and RE0 as a single disc for the Wii :p

Dalthien

koam said:
Are those LTDs accurate or estimates? Shall i update the takeover thread with them? i.e we were missing feb numbers or march numbers of all consoles.

The Wii LTD is accurate.

The PS3 LTD is very close. Based on other data that I have, the PS3 for March has to be between 0 - 14k. That leaves the LTD between 78k - 92k. Since the PS3 was at 6k or 7k for every month this year so far (except March, which we don't know), placing the PS3 at 7k for March, and therefore the LTD at 85k is a very reasonable and very close estimate.

The LTD that I gave for the 360 is accurate, except as I mentioned, it is missing Dec/05 and Mar/07. So those two months need to be estimated and added to the total that I gave here.

For what it's worth - I did have a report with the X360 number for Dec/05 a long time ago, which I happened to lose. I seem to remember the X360 total for 2005 as being 58k, which would put the Dec/05 total at 26k. But as I said, that is just going from my memory of reading the report, and my memory may not be completely reliable on that point.

As for Mar/07, other data that I have suggests that the X360 had a bit of a spike in March compared to the rest of 2007 (probably due to Guitar Hero II), but I can't really give you a specific number for March.

Top Bottom