• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue TGS trailer and screens

Niks

21 days till the demo.

I wonder if photo mode will be included in Prologue. I really liked that in GT4.
Just recently learned Kaz is an amateur photographer!!

They said they also wanted to to create the best photo mode people have seen (which in general is what they're aiming for with GT5, raising the standard for the racing genre) so it might not be in Prologue when its released. They're the one that basically started it and GT4's is still one of the best so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

spwolf

womfalcs3 said:
GT5 is so ambitious, I don't think they're going to make two installments of GT this generation (unlike with the previous two Sony consoles). They'll just keep adding on content to GT5... and have GT6 for the next wave of consoles.

GT Mobile will consume their time too.

yeah, but GT5 is out next year... what will they do afterwards? Nothing? :).
PS3 will last longer than PS2, and PS2 has had loooong life so far and going...

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
SolidSnakex said:
They said they also wanted to to create the best photo mode people have seen (which in general is what they're aiming for with GT5, raising the standard for the racing genre) so it might not be in Prologue when its released. They're the one that basically started it and GT4's is still one of the best so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Screw photomode. Film mode baby! It's where it's at!

Ashhong

spwolf said:
yeah, but GT5 is out next year... what will they do afterwards? Nothing? :).
PS3 will last longer than PS2, and PS2 has had loooong life so far and going...

GT Mobile and GT5 DLC. oh and GT6 ready for PS4 launch.

FightyF

Banned
snoopers said:
1316_0001.jpg

1316_0004.jpg

1316_0006.jpg

1316_0007.jpg

*starts "HOLY SHIT" chant*

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
How do the left-side wheel or right-side work? Is based on the car model?

Grayman

Ether_Snake said:
How do the left-side wheel or right-side work? Is based on the car model?
In GT4 there were american and japanese versions of a lot of cars that appear in both territories. Some cars would be labeled like Honda Civic 98 (J) with the J signifying that it was from Japan.

I would have to look at GT4 again to see how many cars they did change over. I am not certain if it was the majority or minority of applicable vehicles.

Niks

Man fuji seems like a blast to drive. How wide does that track feel? amazing.
Waiting to see the London track.

Grayman

Niks said:
Man fuji seems like a blast to drive. How wide does that track feel? amazing.
Waiting to see the London track.
One of the fuji variants in GT4 had paved areas the size of parking lots and the actual track was only shown by white paint in parts.

IzumiK

Banned
Use the gif you made SSX... except downsize it to show only the awesome raytracing part on the Audi TT Quattro.

4kyfgua.gif

^_^ so nice!

Ploid 3.0

Man I tried to forget about this game to make it come faster but you guys aren't making it easy. Hawt so much stuff.

iceatcs

Damn, it is so unreal. I couldn't tell which one the real life.
Polyphony is GOD!
I love the reflect on the 2nd bottom, the light and engine detail. Damn man!

iceatcs

I really wonder what it will be look like if they doing on difference genre type.
I know this studio is best known for racing game series only and Yamauchi is a huge motorcrazy.

But thank god for this company, they made me passed the driver exam after 5 lessons by using GT4.

f@luS

More than a member.
stunning....lightning IS crazy there . 60fps@1080p is unreal for this (pointing finger.... :D)
wow

One thing that the tech people here may be able to answer... why is it that Polyphony is seemingly the only racing game developer to get red right? In just about every other game, red becomes this bleedy, almost cartoony mess. But here, it actually looks like a realistic red paint.

AltogetherAndrews said:
One thing that the tech people here may be able to answer... why is it that Polyphony is seemingly the only racing game developer to get red right? In just about every other game, red becomes this bleedy, almost cartoony mess. But here, it actually looks like a realistic red paint.

Thats a good point I think Forza 2 looks really good but its also got that cartoony plastic looking red paint.

f@luS

More than a member.
the last one with the audi R8 just scream one thing.

Perfect modelling. Nothing to add. No more polygone needed. Just perfect

Ceb

f@luS said:
the last one with the audi R8 just scream one thing.

Perfect modelling. Nothing to add. No more polygone needed. Just perfect

Yep. I'm starting to get the feeling that lighting is the only thing that could improve now. Of course, the tracks could always use an extra poly boost, but if Polyphony gave the surroundings the same meticulous attention to detail, they'd never get the game done!

Core407

Banned
Niks said:
21 days till the demo.

I wonder if photo mode will be included in Prologue. I really liked that in GT4.

I'm so fuckin' hyped. :D

VonGak!

Banned
Niks said:
21 days till the demo.

I wonder when Kaz will add a vine mode so all the hobbies of his are covered. ^.^

Top Bottom