• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue TGS trailer and screens

Pistolero

IMO, people have become hyper sensitive when dealing with forumers who share a divergent opinion on whatever game is discussed. :D

NIghtWolf

Pistolero said:
IMO, people have become hyper sensitive when dealing with forumers who share a divergent opinion on whatever game is discussed. :D

you from PR?

I dont think is because of the fact that they have different ideas but more like the actions of some who comes with bad intentions ( to derail a thread?) I dont know, it can be seen from many different points thought.

boricua in da casa? :p perhaps?

FightyF

Banned
Niks said:
Meh, the times keep getting reset after a week do they?

Which is why it's easy to make the top 10 :)

and the "fastest" times are ******* that dont brake on the last turn.

Meh/

I never really checked for that...so do they bounce off a wall near the finish line?

wah wah sleeping_dragon, cry us all a river.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
SolidSnakex said:
By the way has anyone wondered what Takamasa Shichisawa has been doing since directing Tourist Trophy? What else but this.

playstation-home-20070920031656366.jpg

This is really pretty cool. Much nicer looking then I thought it would be.

... Anymore screens or info about Dress? How well does it integrate with Home? and what about cross game integration?

Dress > Home > GT5 = Have that girl as the driver of a MX-5 racing around? :p

Flo_Evans

:lol @ the Joates hate. He may be a prick, but I've driven with the dude and I would take his word on any racing game over anyone else here.

GT is going to be amazing, but to deny that they could learn a thing or 2 from turn 10 makes you not a true fan of racing games IMHO.

Flo_Evans said:
GT is going to be amazing, but to deny that they could learn a thing or 2 from turn 10 makes you not a true fan of racing games IMHO.

Or you just trust that they know what they're doing. From following what they've got planned for GT5 thus far, I don't see how anyone can say they don't know what they're doing.

spwolf

Flo_Evans said:
:lol @ the Joates hate. He may be a prick, but I've driven with the dude and I would take his word on any racing game over anyone else here.

kind of... if you spend too much time looking at what others do, you will never do something really good yourself.

And point is that people discuss GT5P as if they played it, which is not true. It is hard to be hard on them for various things when you didnt actually play the game yet.

So yeah, after he plays the game, with rest of us, he can bitch and moan all he wants.

Doc Evils

Holy sheeet. I just noticed this:

vinms4.jpg

Look how detailed the mirrors are. You can see the race course on the left mirror, and the floor on the right one. :eek: :eek:

crazys. CRAZYS!

Yeah they fixed the mirrors after GC. It's one of the things people really focused on when the first screens of the in car view was shown.

Doc Evils

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah they fixed the mirrors after GC. It's one of the things people really focused on when the first screens of the in car view was shown.

but damn to see such detail from the distance the camera is on such a small thing is truly freaking amazing.

Goldrusher

Doc Evils said:
Look how detailed the mirrors are. You can see the race course on the left mirror, and the floor on the right one. :eek: :eek:

crazys. CRAZYS!

Floor ? That's a tire wall in the distance.

VonGak!

Banned
Doc Evils said:
but damn to see such detail from the distance the camera is on such a small thing is truly freaking amazing.

The guys at PD sure are passionated about their work, I bet it's more like a hobby to them than work. :D

VonGak!

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I think anyone would consider it a hobby when you get to do this.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030801/scei00.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030801/scei01.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030801/scei04.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030801/scei.htm

They also get to test out the latest cars, as posted on the official GT forum when they had the new Audi R8 delivered to them.

With a job like that I'd call home sick.

bluheim said:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030801/scei00.jpg

The tracks really look bland in GT5.

:D

^.^

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Flo_Evans said:

And I would trust in Polyphony Digital before I'd take the word of some prick on an internet messageboard.

Anyway; ignoring specious arguments... I'm certainly not saying that there aren't some things that GT can't improve on; even by looking at Forza 2.

The performance index, and classes categories are a pretty decent way of grouping like performing vehicles for decent online racing.

The leaderboard system is pretty nice; been able to pull up your friend's times and what not. Although IMO, they can go far beyond what it currently is; provide you with a graph read out of your overall performance next to all the other racers (how far you are in that curve, and when you recorded your score for example). Also allow you to sort by last week, last month, life time, and by the other parameters such as the same car or the same/similar P.I.

As far as damage goes... I think it's pretty obvious to PD that, it's something they want to add; looking at how Forza 2 does it definetly isn't going to help anyone. So if PD are going to do damage, they're going to do it how they want to do it. They're not going to look at their competition and say... well, it's good enough, and short change us as a result.

But as for Joates... he's just a prick that doesn't back down, that doesn't stay out of decent threads; he's a fucking thread derailing machine. I've got him on ignore now. Just wish all the other GT fans would do the same.

RavenFox

Banned
Flo_Evans said:

Another poster with a laughing emoticon and you realize why after reading the second sentence. A sudden qualm about the ridiculous statement?

Great pics and videos. As usual I expect nothing less than greatness from Polyphony.

Niks

First off I dont give a rats ass about Joates and/or how good he races.
Kaz and polyphony have been pioneers since the beginning, and they continue to be.
They are the standard.

That said, I guess it wouldn't hurt them to take a peek at what turn 10 tried doing with Forza, or present PC simulators for that matter.

A clear example would be the ability to create your own car skins.

As a sim racer I can say its a great feeling to have your own custom paintjob on your car, and not some generic skin that even noobs can try out. Polyphony had said custom paintjobs will be available on GT5 but how are they going to handle that??

If polyphony looked at the competition, they would see that Forza skin editor was crap. They could also learn from PC simulators where photoshop artists make real pieces of art. How are they going to handle this feature than by looking at what the competition did wrong or right?

IzumiK

Banned
Niks said:
As a sim racer I can say its a great feeling to have your own custom paintjob on your car, and not some generic skin that even noobs can try out. Polyphony had said custom paintjobs will be available on GT5 but how are they going to handle that?

You mean the car manufacturers are noobs? >_>;;

I'd rather have real car paintjobs than "Street Choppa XTREME" paintjobs. Custom paint is just a disgrace to the car model.

Niks said:
As a sim racer I can say its a great feeling to have your own custom paintjob on your car, and not some generic skin that even noobs can try out. Polyphony had said custom paintjobs will be available on GT5 but how are they going to handle that??

No one really knows how much of a focus they'll put on it. At the end of the day the game is still built for car enthusiasts though. And alot (if not most) car enthusiast don't have any sort of interest in driving around in a car with a giant Mario level painted on it. Still I hope they do some sort of deep editor just for those who're interested in it. It doesn't really do much for me though.

well, since amar212 hasen't posted yet, looks like we are getting the same treatment as other GT's:

exclusive from GTP:

NEWS UPDATE 26-09-07:

GT5: Prologue in March 2008 for outside of Japan

We could pretty much expect this, it's a part of tradion for GT games after all

Basically, my source has unoficially confirmed me that Gran Turismo 5: Prologue release on non-Japanese terrirotires has been postponed for Q1 2008, probably for March release. In other words, Play-Asia, here we come. Double sales for SCE, but they've learned they praxis with GT4 after all

Do not mourn though, who thought they'll come on time has forget sheer amount of language-translations that PAL relaese have to oblige for releasing the game on all PAL territories.

6 months then for official PAL online-racing, and December will show how will Japanese servers cope with ping of all of us from rest of the world

Oh and yes - if you're going to share this GTP exclusive news to another places, please quote the GTP source. Thanx

thanks amar212 for the info once again

tehbear

seattle6418 said:
GT5: Prologue in March 2008 for outside of Japan

Do not mourn though, who thought they'll come on time has forget sheer amount of language-translations that PAL relaese have to oblige for releasing the game on all PAL territories.

Hey here in America we only have ONE language, give us the game faster than the Europeans like you do for everything else!

sugaki

I live my life one quarter-mile at a time
Since the Forza 2/ GT debate is going on:

FM2 IMO will offer a more authentic racing experience, simply because of damage modeling. Yes, it's not perfect or even realistic, but what it does is that it forces you to drive more carefully/conservatively as you should when around other cars. THAT in of itself creates a totally different racing experience:

GT: car in front of you on turn 1 in Tsukuba? Who cares, don't brake, let your car slam into him, thereby giving you position while pushing the opponent out into the dirt. Accelerate out of the hairpin FTW.

Forza 2: Brake as the guy in front of you brakes for the first hairpin, try to get the inside of the corner while not clipping the opponent.

Granted, this is under ideal conditions for FM2, assuming you don't get annoying kiddies ramming into your car. That said, GT seems like it'll offer a more authentic driving experience, with the in-game cockpit, hyper-realistic graphics, and great physics.

One gripe I have about the FM2 physics is that it seems very generalized. Meaning, a FWD car seems to handle like a RWD given enough rear sway bar stiffness, stiffened rebound and spring dampening. In GT3/4, however you mess with suspension, the car always feels like a FWD car, especially under load. You can dial out all of the understeer in FM2 (a touch of toe-out on the rears ftw), and it feels too neutral with the "ideal" Peugeot 206 settings.

Getting ultra nitpicky, camber settings and their impact on tire wear seem to be one and the same for all cars. IRL, an 06 Civic Si needs at least 2.5-3 degrees of negative camber for even tire wear. This is because MacPherson struts don't go negative in camber when compressed as much as say double-wishbone or multi-link suspension setups do. But do that -3.0 camber in FM2 and the inside of your tires go to heck.

Winding up my long-winded observations, my point is both FM2 and GT have their strengths and weaknesses. Being a car enthusiast and much less of a console enthusiast, my concern is less about "which game is better" and more "are either/both games worth buying." Given what I've seen about GT5:p so far, it seems like a homerun.

Niks

The Japanese PS Store has been updated and theres a new trailer, unfortunately its not the gamespot one. Hmm I wonder why they didnt upload the real new one...

Spring 08 release for the rest of the world? Can we survive till then with the Prologue demo?

Niks said:
The Japanese PS Store has been updated and theres a new trailer, unfortunately its not the gamespot one. Hmm I wonder why they didnt upload the real new one...

I can't figure out why they wouldn't be showing off that trailer everywhere. The London track looks awesome. It'd be great to get a direct feed version of it.

IzumiK

Banned
Niks said:

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!

It's probably the Moon over the Castle theme with the old clips.

sugaki said:
Since the Forza 2/ GT debate is going on:

FM2 IMO will offer a more authentic racing experience, simply because of damage modeling. Yes, it's not perfect or even realistic, but what it does is that it forces you to drive more carefully/conservatively as you should when around other cars. THAT in of itself creates a totally different racing experience:

GT: car in front of you on turn 1 in Tsukuba? Who cares, don't brake, let your car slam into him, thereby giving you position while pushing the opponent out into the dirt. Accelerate out of the hairpin FTW.

Forza 2: Brake as the guy in front of you brakes for the first hairpin, try to get the inside of the corner while not clipping the opponent.

Granted, this is under ideal conditions for FM2, assuming you don't get annoying kiddies ramming into your car. That said, GT seems like it'll offer a more authentic driving experience, with the in-game cockpit, hyper-realistic graphics, and great physics.
Thank god for game rooms with password.

GT5 is getting damage btw

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
SolidSnakex said:
I think anyone would consider it a hobby when you get to do this.

scei01.jpg

They also get to test out the latest cars, as posted on the official GT forum when they had the new Audi R8 delivered to them.

350Z ftw.

*pets his*

the_id

this is stupid. Why can't sony release their games worldwide like Microsoft did with Halo 3, Forza 2, Crackdown and others. sony is teh stupidz.

IzumiK

Banned
painful fart said:
Uhu, thinking of Spanish are you?

Why don´t they just ship the Japanese version with a custom made phrase book, I would be happy with that.

It would have to go through the ESRB process, licensing issues. etc.

Doesn't stop you from getting it though... I guess.

Niks

I bet Kaz will be one of the first persons on earth to own a GTR....thats if he doesn't have one already :D

about prologue delay.
one could have the option to get a jgaffer to buy one of those cards to download it from the PSN come december no? or import it?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I'm probably going to import the retail JPN version. I'll use courier shipping so I should have it a couple of days after release. I'll probably get a Dual Shock 3 with it too :D

IzumiK

Banned
Niks said:
I bet Kaz will be one of the first persons on earth to own a GTR....thats if he doesn't have one already :D

about prologue delay.
one could have the option to get a jgaffer to buy one of those cards to download it from the PSN come december no? or import it?

I'm importing one but I don't think 30 dollars minus 6 dollar PS1 game will cut it.

IzumiK said:
Doesn't stop you from getting it though... I guess.
Of course you are right, real men are not afraid of learning new languages, but if they could get an English version out of the door before Christmas, I wouldn´t mind.

Niks said:

He's said he'll be getting one to replace his R32.

Niks said:
about prologue delay.

PlayAsia sells them also.

Why is SCEA so late with the GT news all the time? SCEE always has a quick response to SCEJ when it comes to GT, at least they don't keep their European fans in the dark.

The more I'm wondering the more I'll be set on importing...thank you for an import-friendly PS3 SCEA! =)

tehbear

painful fart said:
Uhu, thinking of Spanish are you?

Why don´t they just ship the Japanese version with a custom made phrase book, I would be happy with that.

Not at all. Games released here don't have to include Spanish so I just counted Americanese.

But yeah boo on the delays... I guess 2008 GT5 hopes are just not realistic either >_<

Top Bottom