• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima will demo Metal Gear Solid V at TGS, no new trailer

duckroll

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/japanese/info/index.php?d=201309&id=373

Hideo Kojima will be at TGS to present the new Ground Zeroes demo on stage at the Sony booth. This will be a stage demo event, so it won't be playable for the public. They will also be screening the E3 2013 trailer for MGSV, but this time with the Japanese voice track. There won't be a new trailer for the show. The gameplay demo footage will be uploaded on the official MGSV site at a later date.

Hopefully it will be leaked or find its way online somehow

Edit: Didn't see it at first but it will be uploaded officially at a later date.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
NO NEW TRAILER? .....you gotta be kidding me

duckroll

next-gen versions, though, right? I think i read that somewhere...

Yes based on what IGN said earlier, this should be the PS4 version.

Just give me a release date already Kojima. My cosplay is ready.

Lol. They have no new trailer, they're only demoing the same area they showed off way back when Ground Zeroes was first announced, and you expect a release date? Maybe there'll be a release date at TGS 2014. :p

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's from Phantom Pain. They're showing off Ground Zeroes. It's the same night time base mission which they showed when they first announced the project last year. :p

and the same one they showed a few days ago too, albeit the "current gen" spec version.

Fark, a new MGS trailer was half my reason to look forward to TGS.

The TGS trailer for Snake Eater and Peacewalker were the best. I could watch them over & over.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm completely honest, i'd rather get a new trailer than gameplay ...yep i'm crazy but the E3 2013 trailer was so damn good I WANT MOAR!

Sony booth, eh? I thought Kojima was partnering with Microsoft on this one.

If they did, MS would've trumpeted loud horns on how MGSV for XB1 will have exclusive content, or something along those lines.

As far as the E3 showcases were concerned, Dark Souls 2 and MGSV most likely was just there as a showcase, nothing more.

I'm completely honest, i'd rather get a new trailer than gameplay ...yep i'm crazy but the E3 2013 trailer was so damn good I WANT MOAR!

Nope, I'm the same.

If there's one thing Kojima is absolutely stellar at, it's making great trailers. He knows how to hype.

Jindrax

GZ actually shouldn't be far off and should be dated at TGS. Konami has a smaller MGS shipping before the end of March, so that should be GZ.

they're the same game... GZ + PP = MGSV
GZ is just link the "tanker" portion of the game and PP is like "plant". But they're on the same disc.

Tekku

Too much spoilers in Kojimas trailers unfortunately. I stopped the E3 trailer half-way through. He always shows a lot of important and emotional stuff.

I would rather see some gameplay mechanics to be honest. Especially now since they're being completely refined.

duckroll

Maybe they'll announce Ground Zeroes as a Feb 22 2014 title for Japan. That's still within the financial year, and it would be another Japanese "PS4 launch" crossgen title.

duckroll

Kojima said it himself when he announced PP was MGSV.
Like the rest of the thread says, it could be a ( OMFG FINALLY) an HD release of Twin Snakes.

Nah, to clarify Kojima says that MGSV consists of GZ and TPP. GZ is the prologue. Whenever the media probes him or Konami execs about whether it means they are in the same package or whether they will be released separately, the response is always "that has yet to be determined". They're being very cagey about it.

Squire

Banned
I'm gonna guess it's a launch game for PS4 in Japan

Maybe they'll announce Ground Zeroes as a Feb 22 2014 title for Japan. That's still within the financial year, and it would be another Japanese "PS4 launch" crossgen title.

Sounds about right.

Someone also had a theory in another thread that they would bundle GZ with Lord of Shadow 2 to try and help that game hit its sales target.

Nah, to clarify Kojima says that MGSV consists of GZ and TPP. GZ is the prologue. Whenever the media probes him or Konami execs about whether it means they are in the same package or whether they will be released separately, the response is always "that has yet to be determined". They're being very cagey about it.

Ah, OK, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Haste

Neo Member
Don't really mind this. I need to see gameplay, and what the fuss is all about regarding the new additions to it. Hopefully it will attend to the cries of overreactions and hush them. (i.e myself, whoops)

Any MGSV footage is good footage. Excited to see what next gen looks like!

duckroll

Feb 25 in the states.

It's another instance of the timing being suspiciously right, like the JP PS4 launch.

Oh shit. The timing is really, really close. If the only way to get the PS3 Ground Zeroes is to buy LoS2... I don't know what I will do. >_<

Squire

Banned
Oh shit. The timing is really, really close. If the only way to get the PS3 Ground Zeroes is to buy LoS2... I don't know what I will do. >_<

Buy LoS2. I think that game looks good, but I must admit I had 0 plans to purchase it until the possibility of a bundle became apparent.

I suppose if GZ is cross-gen though, it could go up as a download on PS4/XB1 and the only way to get the current-gen version specifically would be to buy LoS2.

Top Bottom