• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

I think I'm defecting from #TeamChespin to #TeamFroakie. Don't get me wrong, I like Chesnaught. And I like Delphox, as well. But Greninja gels best in my mind. I dig the thief theme, the way the Froakie line transitions from foam to tongue (like baby frogs to adult frogs), and the nonchalant look in Greninja's eyes as it peers over its Shinobi/Strider-style scarf. The angular horns are also true to certain species of frogs and give it a sharp look. It also looks surprisingly cute when treated nice in Pokémon Amie.

So yeah... I think I'll go with Pokémon Y, the girl trainer, Froakie and Bulbasaur. My version of choice is Y because Yveltal is irresistible to me. I love Xerneas, too, so it was tough. I also like the Clauncher/Clawitzer line, and may end up trading for one, even though it'd mean having two Water-types on my team. In the meantime, another advantage of Y is easy access to Skrelp and Dragalge. Definitely interested in the Poison/Dragon. And Tyrantrum is a must-have, even if everyone and their mother will train one.

Tunavi

Banned
I think I'm defecting from #TeamChespin to #TeamFroakie. Don't get me wrong, I like Chesnaught. And I like Delphox, as well. But Greninja gels best in my mind. I dig the thief theme, the way the Froakie line transitions from foam to tongue (like baby frogs to adult frogs), and the nonchalant look in Greninja's eyes as it peers over its Shinobi/Strider-style scarf. The angular horns are also true to certain species of frogs and give it a sharp look. It also looks surprisingly cute when treated nice in Pokémon Amie..
i went from chespin to froakie as well

ramyeon

I think I'm defecting from #TeamChespin to #TeamFroakie. Don't get me wrong, I like Chesnaught. And I like Delphox, as well. But Greninja gels best in my mind. I dig the thief theme, the way the Froakie line transitions from foam to tongue (like baby frogs to adult frogs), and the nonchalant look in Greninja's eyes as it peers over its Shinobi/Strider-style scarf. The angular horns are also true to certain species of frogs and give it a sharp look. It also looks surprisingly cute when treated nice in Pokémon Amie.

So yeah... I think I'll go with Pokémon Y, the girl trainer, Froakie and Bulbasaur. My version of choice is Y because Yveltal is irresistible to me. I love Xerneas, too, so it was tough. I also like the Clauncher/Clawitzer line, and may end up trading for one, even though it'd mean having two Water-types on my team. In the meantime, another advantage of Y is easy access to Skrelp and Dragalge. Definitely interested in the Poison/Dragon. And Tyrantrum is a must-have, even if everyone and their mother will train one.
Post game spoilers:

If you choose Chespin as your starter you get Froakie after the E4 :) if you choose Froakie you get Fennekin.

This convinced me to jump ship to Chespin as my starter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So can anyone tell me if larvesta is catchable in the wild?

My team so far seems to be chesnaught, gardevoir, florges, clawitzer, aegislash and volcarano.

Neiteio

Post game spoilers:

If you choose Chespin as your starter you get Froakie after the E4 :) if you choose Froakie you get Fennekin.

Huh. Well, I know people in real-life who will be starting with Chespin, so between the lot of us we can breed copies, I'm sure. There's still a breeder in this game, right? And Ditto?

Dawg

IIRC, sites like eurogamer said there was a big secret they couldn't reveal yet, right? Because Nintendo wouldn't allow them?

I wonder why leakers haven't found that yet.

superjon

Neo Member
Might be a bit late to the party, but it was pretty fun doing this.

iakEZqu.png

If it was to be a balanced team I would make a couple of changes, these are just some of my favourites. dinos4life.

Caladrius

Huh. Well, I know people in real-life who will be starting with Chespin, so between the lot of us we can breed copies, I'm sure. There's still a breeder in this game, right? And Ditto?

Breeders are available after the first gym. No idea about ditto.

IIRC, sites like eurogamer said there was a big secret they couldn't reveal yet, right? Because Nintendo wouldn't allow them?

I wonder why leakers haven't found that yet.

The big secret is that we're all being played for suckers.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Post game spoilers:

Ooh, that's cool.

Team chespin really has everything.

Neiteio

How far into the game can one trade Pokémon? Maybe I'll start the game three times -- trade Chespin and Fennekin to a friend the first couple times, then the third time is my real file and the friend trades Chespin and Fennekin.

Neiteio

Anyone know how long it'd take to start a file, and reach the point where you can trade your starter to another game? Like how far do you have to go, and how long does it take? I'd like to do this twice, to offload Fennkin and Chespin before starting my file with Froakie and having them traded back.

solomon

So this time around I'm starting with bulbasaur, used squirtle as a kid and don't particularly like charizard. Still haven't decided b/w the frog and fox starters.

How far into the game can one trade Pokémon? Maybe I'll start the game three times -- trade Chespin and Fennekin to a friend the first couple times, then the third time is my real file and the friend trades Chespin and Fennekin.

I want to know this too so I can get charizard x from my girlfriend..

Azure J

Post game spoilers:

Wait really? So that means I get to be experimental and legit with my choice in #TeamFroakie. Kickass.

Korosenai

The day care is after the first gym. Just breed your starter there and put it online to trade for other starters.

Tunavi

Banned
had some fun doing this. Overall, the new poke's are very good. After sitting down and looking through all the gens I didn't play, this gen overall has less individually terrible pokemon than gen's 3 through 5, which is great

XlxvW8N.png

GamerSoul

my brother using froakie so that seals the deal for me using Chestnaught. To get it off my chest, Chestnaught does look like an over designed cross between Bowser, a chipmunk, and the Michelin man but he's still cool and growing on me. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom