• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon new info - Starter evolutions, Demo, Ash-Greninja

Sou Da

i believe that leak. Ash greninja from the demo is a specific thing and it was posted before we found out about it

Many other leaks have correctly guessed things and then turned out to have incredibly wrong info (i.e. made up parts).

Yeah I agree here, those were all safe guesses imo. Like I could have gotten that.

If people didn't have already know that a demo existed by then, I would believe this more.

MrBadger

Not convinced by that leak. Is Ash Greninja the only thing it's gotten right? Because that's something anybody could guess. Having one in a game was fairly popular before it lost Ash the league

When we're within 2 weeks of actually having accurate information straight from the source, I find it hard to believe any more "leaks" that come out at this point.

In any case, guessing Ash-Greninja being a reward for something rather than an ingame element is not really an outlandish guess.

Stencil

Marshstomp is a fucking beast - my favorite (starter) from Gen 3. Don't hate.

What would it take for you to be interested again? A complete rework of the core framework in terms of the battle mechanics? More focus on story?

Hmm... I would say the battle mechanics are solid. The story shouldn't take any more prominence than it already has IMO. Unless the writing gets better which I doubt it ever would (I have this opinion of most video games, it's not a shot at Pokemon specifically.)

I would venture to say that at least two things are needed to rekindle interest for me:

• The engine itself needs a rehaul. Game Freak should pass off development to competent developers. Look at a plethora of other 3DS games and tell me why we need to accept an engine as clearly outdated as the Pokemon games currently use.
  • Make the new Pokemon more simple. I don't know what these Ultra Beasts are or why they're necessary.
Again, this is just my opinion, since you asked. This isn't a hill I'm willing to die on; I'm simply going to leave the Pokemon series alone until the off chance that we get a different developer to play with the IP.

dapper owl

496yhtj7fppx.jpg

woopWOOP

The '25 cameos' thing seems like such a odd, solid number to list. I can understand going through the dex and knowing about the total of new monsters to appear ingame, but knowing the exact amount of NPC cameos to appear in the singleplayer adventure sounds kind of odd to me.

Atleast I'm guessing those are about NPC character cameos. Either way with a number that 'low' I guess it won't be all the previous gym leaders returning for a little tournament session.

Macka

But the Bulbasaur line seems fairly liked through all three forms.
Really? Bulbasaur and Ivysaur do seem well liked rather universally, but Venusaur has always been pretty unpopular as far as Ive seen? It's an unappealing fat toad dinosaur, so its not very surprising. The Mega is pretty boring as well imo, and I don't know what they were thinking adding the pink flowers.

Hmm... I would say the battle mechanics are solid. The story shouldn't take any more prominence than it already has IMO. Unless the writing gets better which I doubt it ever would (I have this opinion of most video games, it's not a shot at Pokemon specifically.)

I would venture to say that at least two things are needed to rekindle interest for me:

• The engine itself needs a rehaul. Game Freak should pass off development to competent developers. Look at a plethora of other 3DS games and tell me why we need to accept an engine as clearly outdated as the Pokemon games currently use.
  • Make the new Pokemon more simple. I don't know what these Ultra Beasts are or why they're necessary.
Again, this is just my opinion, since you asked. This isn't a hill I'm willing to die on; I'm simply going to leave the Pokemon series alone until the off chance that we get a different developer to play with the IP.

But the Pokemon IP is played with tons of developers. I'm pretty sure you mean the mainline and in that case.

Sun and Moon already updated the XY engine though (Gamefreak actually updates their game engines every mainline release). They've also completely abandoned the Chibi artstyle in order to fully realize the artwork in 3D.

We don't know what Ultra Beasts are either. Probably not pokemon though, in which case being offput by them is kinda the point.

I hate that leak for even reminding me that Alolan Arbok could be a thing.

Hmmm... Grass type? Or water? They've been pretty happy to just slap Dark onto the Team Rocket Pokémon too.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Hope it's OK that I'm posting my Inktober doodle here but God I can't wait to catch or evolve a Datrix
Cool work man.
I'm going Moon and Litten for total edgelord status haha. I really like Lunala, it's my favourite legendary design by far.

I really can't decide between Moon and Sun. I prefer Moons blue/purple color scheme and I greatly prefer the Legendary. I don't know if I like it being dark during the day and day when I'm playing in the evening. With Sun, I prefer UB-02 Absorption over UB-02 Beauty, and I think I prefer the time following the normal clock. Exclusive Pokemon don't matter that much since I can trade though. If the time wasn't 12 hours ahead I'd get Moon. Now I don't know.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really can't decide between Moon and Sun. I prefer Moons blue/purple color scheme and I greatly prefer the Legendary. I don't know if I like it being dark during the day and day when I'm playing in the evening. With Sun, I prefer UB-02 Absorption over UB-02 Beauty, and I think I prefer the time following the normal clock. Exclusive Pokemon don't matter that much since I can trade though. If the time wasn't 12 hours ahead I'd get Moon. Now I don't know.
Sounds like you're getting Sun.

Top Bottom