• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins's Creed PS4 is now 1080p with AA.

jony_m

Based Ubisoft!!!! sorry I cursed at you.

If you can't see the difference between 1080p and 900p, please test by lowering your computer monitor/laptop resolutions accordingly from the native res.

Hmm, I wonder if this has to do with the initial push to hit parity? Perhaps now that other games have demonstrated a resolution difference they feel more comfortable implementing 1080p?

I had heard that they were having issues with the game on Xbox One and were considering dropping both to 900p for parity reasons.

With all these developers working quietly on their launch games I'm sure there was a lot of discussion on how important it was to match the two versions to eliminate any advantage.
You don't say! Its honestly not far fetched at all, but it'll be tinfoil hat land until someone blows the whistle.

I've installed the game, but was waiting for the patch to go live before playing. Now I will experience Ass Creed for the first time ever.

Great jumping on point too. I've played some of AC1, some of AC2, and beat AC3. So far (about 3-4 hours in), AC4 is my favorite by far.

Mostly due to the lack of
Desmond

Great that they fixed it, but all these 1080p games are going to spoil me for the games that don't run native 1080. My fiancee is not a gamer nor is she technical person by any means but when she saw me playing Killzone she immediately asked why the screen was so clear. I'm sorry but there is a difference between up scaled and native and its worth making a big deal about if a game doesn't have it.
Just don't buy games under 1080p then? PS4 is strong enough so I'm just not rewarding devs incompetent enough to give me resolutions under my native res. 720p looks too ugly on a big screen and ive dealt with it enough on PS3 and Wii U

Oh my god. I didn't think I would create such a reaction with my comment. I think the difference is marginal, especially when not compared side by side.

If you guys think the difference is huge then good for you.

MazeHaze

Banned
I know that 1080p is the best, but I have an old DLP set. Am I better off running this game in 720p or 1080i? I am new to all this HD stuff.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Oh my god. I didn't think I would create such a reaction with my comment. I think the difference is marginal, especially when not compared side by side.

It creeps up on me. I don't think about it at all until I hit the higher res. Then it just smacks me in the face.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
They didn't wait until Tuesday morning because it's the exact moment the XB1 version hits shelves, right? I can't imagine so, considering nobody has the system yet.

uplay doesn't seem to connect for me ever since the patch... Constantly tells me my account doesn't exist. Sigh.

And ma gawd dat HUGE difference! My word its like night and day!

You guys are fucking hilarious. Pure comedy gold.

You really didn't think you'd get this reaction man? This is neogaf and all that.

coldfoot

Banned
I likewise don't have pre-patch shots from anything other than the initial start on the ship, just booted it up, saw 900p, and went "Nope!" and back to Killzone.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Let's be real guys, unless you have a 70" TV, the difference is marginal at best.
That's completely silly and a notion PC gamers would outright burst out laughing at.

Going from scaled to native on a fixed pixel displays greatly improves image quality regardless of display size.

Obviously the screens aren't great because of the horrible Facebook compression but the difference is very noticable:

10948594224_6172861b03_o.gif

10948724173_7ce36c0ed8_o.gif

Yep, much better than the night time shots, thanks! Difference is clear.

The issue with this type of statement is that the difference isn't marginal. It's literally a large difference...a 100% difference...

It's fine to say that you don't mind the difference or it's alleviated, for you specifically, by the fact that you're not doing side by side comparisons anyway...but there is a concrete and perceptible difference.

Whether the difference bothers you or not, that's a different story, and one that people can't argue with...

Let's be real guys, unless you have a 70" TV, the difference is marginal at best.

No, it was pretty noticeable on the 42" in my bedroom. Sharper, cleaner presentation. It's not something I would have raged over if I didn't have it because the game already looked pretty clean, but now that I do...yea. Noticeable improvement.

Conezays

To confirm, Patch 1.02 makes it 1080P with AA? It claims to have automatically downloaded a new patch-is this correct?

Thanks

hey Arthur Gies just DM'd me on twitter to tell you to get in touch with him cause he wants to offer you a job at polygon

The issue with this type of statement is that the difference isn't marginal. It's literally a large difference...a 100% difference...

It's fine to say that you don't mind the difference or it's alleviated, for you specifically, by the fact that you're not doing side by side comparisons anyway...but there is a concrete and perceptible difference.

Whether the difference bothers you or not, that's a different story, and one that people can't argue with...

Oh please. There is a difference. The size of the difference is entirely subjective to the viewer. You can't argue with whether or not he thinks the difference is large or marginal... Opinions how do they work.

teiresias

So who changed the thread title to completely inaccurate information? I didn't realize we were a publishing arm of Polygon.

Mifune

Mehmber
How can people not tell the difference in those GIFs? There is so much more detail in the background post-patch.

Top Bottom