• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default : Deluxe Collector's Edition revealed (EU)

Peagles

Just wanna say a huge thanks to the Nintendo UK Online Store for cancelling my pre order!

What a fucking joke! Some bullshit about a payment problem, so I email immediately to sort it out and their response? Because you pre ordered too long ago, you PayPal transaction has expired and we can't create a new one. Instead of waiting and giving you a chance to do that we are cancelling your order...

Oh but please make a new order as we still have plenty of pre order stock left, we'd be delighted to accept a new order from you.

*Goes to check web store*
Nothing.

Fuck you Nintendo UK.

NotLiquid

I have the CE back-ordered but I'm heavily considering cancelling it and just picking up the game itself. I am a complete sucker for Art Books but the CD might not even encompass the entire OST(?) and the figure looks.... off.

Choices, choices.

Just wanna say a huge thanks to the Nintendo UK Online Store for cancelling my pre order!

What a fucking joke! Some bullshit about a payment problem, so I email immediately to sort it out and their response? Because you pre ordered too long ago, you PayPal transaction has expired and we can't create a new one. Instead of waiting and giving you a chance to do that we are cancelling your order...

Oh but please make a new order as we still have plenty of pre order stock left, we'd be delighted to accept a new order from you.

Nothing.

Fuck you Nintendo UK.

That's pretty insulting. Why did they accept PayPal payment if they were planning to cancel your pre-order? The "Nintendo" store is actually TheHut/Zavvi, right?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I have the CE back-ordered but I'm heavily considering cancelling it and just picking up the game itself. I am a complete sucker for Art Books but the CD might not even encompass the entire OST(?) and the figure looks.... off.

Choices, choices.

It's been confirmed that the OST included in the CE is 10 tracks only.

Nothing.

Fuck you Nintendo UK.

They still have the regular edition up, though I guess from the thread you had a collectors edition preordered?

I was under the impression the collectors edition was supposed to be a shoptwo exclusive and not sold on the nintendo store in the first place. Huh.

Peagles

That's pretty insulting. Why did they accept PayPal payment if they were planning to cancel your pre-order? The "Nintendo" store is actually TheHut/Zavvi, right?

NFI but my guess is that the issue is the time lapse, because I pre ordered Link Between Worlds for the chest and that showed up just fine using PayPal.

I didn't know til I got LBW but yeh according to the parcel its from TheHut. That sure explains a lot actually.

They still have the regular edition up, though I guess from the thread you had a collectors edition preordered?

I was under the impression the collectors edition was supposed to be a shoptwo exclusive and not sold on the nintendo store in the first place. Huh.

Yep CE, two actually because someone else here in NZ wanted it but nowhere seemed to be taking pre orders here. It was up on the Nintendo store for a few days then sold out.

Unless they really never had any and that's why I've had a "payment problem" that they were so quick to cancel my order over despite immediate contact from me to resolve it.

Zukuu

Banned
"scrolls down. sees artwork. is amazed. scrolls down further. sees chibi. disgusted :X"
I forget every time that the game loooks so atrocious in art design =/

Wait what. Where was it confirmed the soundtrack was a pathetic 10 tracks. Publishers need to stop with this bullshit teaser soundtrack. SE did it right with XIII-2. Nintendo go and mess it up.

Peagles

I'm guessing top bidder hasn't seen the figure up close.

For reference:

Nintendo UK Online Store said:
Thank you for your pre-order of Bravely Default Deluxe Collector's Edition (Order no: xxxxxxxx)

We’re sorry to inform you that we have been unable to receive funds from PayPal as the transaction has now expired.

As we are unable to apply for the funds, your order will be cancelled shortly. Unfortunately we are unable to open a new PayPal transaction for this order on your behalf.

We currently still have pre-order stock available on our site and we would be delighted to process a new order for you. To secure your pre-order for launch a new order can be created today by visiting our site: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/home.dept

Please note that you have not been charged for your original order, this will be cancelled shortly and confirmation will be sent to your registered email address. We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If you require any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

Kind Regards,

Yene Tikur
Nintendo Customer Support

Hopefully Amazon France pulls through.

U0faIcO.png
The darkness is overflowing!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
are you serious?, I HATE when companies do this

Yeah that's what people who have the CE said, also you can see the tracks and "mini album" description on this photo.

They made the TP Epona statue? I have one, it's not bad. I guess they must really hate poor Agnès!

Yeah looks like they made that one, it doesn't look half bad, at least from the photos on their website! It sucks, i was hyped for the game and the CE looked promising when it was announced, but the quality is really really low, and the price is really really high!

Dr Dogg

Well just clocked an unboxing vid on YouTube and damn does that figure look poundland quality. Kind of feel justified in my over reacted outrage earlier in this thread. Art book certainly does look good quality but with the "selection" soundtrack and figure £80 is really steep.

We should have a new thread dedicated to Agnès pics, since each figure appears to be fucked up in a unique fashion. I might start it when I get mine, I wouldn't mind if somebody beat me to it though.

Its like each new picture of the figure gets uglier and uglier each time lol, how is this happening??

Honestly it looks like a cheap knock-off effort where they had the mould but got bored and couldn't be bothered making the face look right because 'who cares'.

Peagles

While it seems they've saved me from the horrors of that figure, I still got a bit angry...

Nintendo UK Online Store AKA TheHut AKA Zavvi said:
Thank you for contacting us and placing an enquiry.

A member of our Nintendo Customer Support Team has looked into your enquiry and added a response.

For your records, your original query was:

WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL!? Why offer Paypal for preorders if you know it's going to expire before release? AND THEN WHY CANCEL MY ORDER??? It's a LIMITED EDITION and now it's GONE. Thanks a lot for NOTHING!

After further investigation, we can confirm the following:

Dear Gemma,

Thank you for getting in contact regarding your recent experience.

We are sorry to hear that you have not been completely satisfied with your experience with us.

We can confirm we have no control over payment made via PayPal, therefore once there is a payment issue the order is then cancelled and we request the customer to make a new order.

If you need to contact us about this or anything else, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Jasmine Malone

Nintendo Customer Support

Chopper

While it seems they've saved me from the horrors of that figure, I still got a bit angry...
Ugh. I haven't been following the thread, but this seems like a very familiar story. I missed out on the Ni No Kuni limited edition because of a similar fuck up from Zavvi. This is after pre-ordering 11 months prior to release! Fuck them. And fuck Nintendo UK for using them. Useless fucks.

Anyway, I assume it's impossile to get my hands on this if I've only just decided I'd quite like it?

Peagles

Ugh. I haven't been following the thread, but this seems like a very familiar story. I missed out on the Ni No Kuni limited edition because of a similar fuck up from Zavvi. This is after pre-ordering 11 months prior to release! Fuck them. And fuck Nintendo UK for using them. Useless fucks.

Anyway, I assume it's impossile to get my hands on this if I've only just decided I'd quite like it?

Well if it wasn't a "payment problem" aka "we have no stock so we're making shit up to cancel your order" I'd keep an eye on Nintendo UK's online store. I'd also keep an eye on the Amazon listings (I ordered one from Amazon France) because sometimes there's stuff available on release if there have been cancellations.

eXistor

Oh well, I'm able to get the CE for about €20 more than the regular price. I'll just consider it an investment. That statue looks damn gnarly.

Okay so the CD is a waste of time, the figurine has QC issues, so is the book any good (I have a feeling the better book to buy will be the one published in Japan though) or am I just scraping for reasons (did not buy CE)?

MicH

Yeah, I decided to cancel my preorder of the CE a few weeks back. Too expensive for what you get. Now I can enjoy my copy of the game without the ugly USK rating, too! Can't believe it's out tomorrow!

L~A

Yup, that's pretty crap for a Limited Edition. And the CD is only 10 tracks... Well, I certainly don't regret going digital, like I have been doing since last year.

Felsparrow

Neo Member
No collector's edition has been worth it for a long time now, and even in the past only a few.

They're made to increase profits, not to be collected by any kind of real collector. Every element of a collector's edition I've seen has been crap, even the super ridiculous packages that go for $150 USD and up

You're better off buying a third party license statue, or commissioning a sculptor on your own if you want something.

Sorry to see you guys fall for this again, but word really needs to spread about this.

Top Bottom