• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default : Deluxe Collector's Edition revealed (EU)

No collector's edition has been worth it for a long time now, and even in the past only a few.

They're made to increase profits, not to be collected by any kind of real collector. Every element of a collector's edition I've seen has been crap, even the super ridiculous packages that go for $150 USD and up

You're better off buying a third party license statue, or commissioning a sculptor on your own if you want something.

Sorry to see you guys fall for this again, but word really needs to spread about this.
ninokuni collectors edition was pretty okay. it had a nice book (which i already got from the japanese DS version and which is kinda useless for the PS3 version but who cares.)

MicH

No collector's edition has been worth it for a long time now, and even in the past only a few.

They're made to increase profits, not to be collected by any kind of real collector. Every element of a collector's edition I've seen has been crap, even the super ridiculous packages that go for $150 USD and up

You're better off buying a third party license statue, or commissioning a sculptor on your own if you want something.

Sorry to see you guys fall for this again, but word really needs to spread about this.

Totally worth the price. Damn, that is one ugly figure.

The American one seems worth it, especially given the low price. $50 for the game+soundtrack+artbook seems like a pretty good deal.
Yeah, the American one is good especially due to the price.

Also the Ni no Kuni CE earlier this year was excellent. That book is amazing to flip through

Why is it called "Bravely Default?" Not to stir anything up, but on first glace it appears this game is about bad banking decisions...

Zafir

Why is it called "Bravely Default?" Not to stir anything up, but on first glace it appears this game is about bad banking decisions...
Well, in the actual combat there's mechanics called Brave/Default where you can guard and effectively store up turns to use in just the one turn. I've always assumed it was just a play on words for that.

kirby2096

The American one seems worth it, especially given the low price. $50 for the game+(mini-)soundtrack+artbook seems like a pretty good deal. The European one? A joke.
I think the US CE Artbook is the one that comes with preordering the regular edition from GAME here in the UK, different to the Deluxe Artbook from the ShopTo CE.

Koppai

Americans win! Don't have to put up with that figure.

I think it's funny, maybe NoA saw it and they were like, we aren't putting that ugly thing in our bundle. But if the album is a mini-album I think I will just cancel it and get the game by itself.

Kyonashi

o79tnUm.jpg

Oh Jesus Christ. What the fuck, I just spent £80 on the collector's edition for a 10 track CD and this abomination? Where the fuck can I get rid of it?

Peagles

Oh Jesus Christ. What the fuck, I just spent £80 on the collector's edition for a 10 track CD and this abomination? Where the fuck can I get rid of it?

Someone linked to one that sold on eBay for 400 Euros, maybe try get rid of it there :p

Danj

Anyone in the UK having problems getting this shipped to them from ye Shoppe of Two? Someone I know on Twitter has said theirs only just shipped today.

eXistor

I got mine yesterday. It's ugly, but honestly I was expecting worse. The rest of the figurine is okay, it's just too glossy. It's mainly the eyes that look horrible, if you can fix that the statue is actually fine.

Kyonashi

I got mine yesterday. It's ugly, but honestly I was expecting worse. The rest of the figurine is okay, it's just too glossy. It's mainly the eyes that look horrible, if you can fix that the statue is actually fine.

Exactly how I felt when I got mine. Other than the statue, its the most impressive LE I've ever seen, the box is huge and awesome, and the artbook is phenomenal.

jkh13

Neo Member
Arggh. Shopto cancelled my preorder with no notice whatsoever! Preordered at the lower price and now they have no more in stock. Does anyone have one they are willing to sell in the UK?

Peagles

Arggh. Shopto cancelled my preorder with no notice whatsoever! Preordered at the lower price and now they have no more in stock. Does anyone have one they are willing to sell in the UK?

Amazon DE still have stock at 99 EUR if that helps.

Dinskugga

So damn happy i didnt preorder the CE!

the figure is the worst i have ever seen!

oh my... I cant belive how damn ugly it is.............

Top Bottom