• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

I just hope they never rubber band like GT6 A.I.

Such a stupid idea.

They're actually not rubber-banding. They're just holding back when you're really behind, as a dynamic difficulty option.

Rubber-banding, to me, is when they break the law of physics to stay competitive. But if you drive well enough (or your car is fast enough), you'll lose them. This would not happen with rubber-banding. But if you crash, they give you a good chance to catch up again. It has saved me from having to restart a few times (driving at max difficulty with wheel on sim mode and no recovery assists), and definitely appreciate it.

AI is actually just really good in GT6 it seems - and they do really ramp up the level of AI later on (at 34%).

Anyway, this thread is about Forza (have bought all versions of either games so far). Glad to see custom liveries are back in full effect. :) I won't be joining the Forza ranks just yet, what with the Xbox One not being available here yet anyway, and I might even just wait this time until Forza 6 is inevitably out in one or two years. We'll see.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
They're actually not rubber-banding. They're just holding back when you're really behind, as a dynamic difficulty option.

Rubber-banding, to me, is when they break the law of physics to stay competitive. But if you drive well enough (or your car is fast enough), you'll lose them. This would not happen with rubber-banding. But if you crash, they give you a good chance to catch up again. It has saved me from having to restart a few times (driving at max difficulty with wheel on sim mode and no recovery assists), and definitely appreciate it.

AI is actually just really good in GT6 it seems - and they do really ramp up the level of AI later on (at 34%).

Anyway, this thread is about Forza (have bought all versions of either games so far). Glad to see custom liveries are back in full effect. :) I won't be joining the Forza ranks just yet, what with the Xbox One not being available here yet anyway, and I might even just wait this time until Forza 6 is inevitably out in one or two years. We'll see.

Have you not seen the A.I car "stoppies" in GT6 yet?

And rubber banding is more than simply "breaking the laws of physics". Completely sand bagging lap times until the player is leading and than just following closely behind is rubber banding.

GT6s rubber banding is frankly offensive to the "simulation" genre.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Maybe.

Someone on FM.net is suggesting perhpas 6-7 tracks to come. Getting 100% sync on all tracks yields 85% total sync.

sounds in line with what i expected, 2-3 per expansion pack and three packs. its odd that the pre-release marketplace had this super pass, which i can only assume was a discounted car pass and expansion pass, but now its disappeared entirely. i would think that they'd want to announce both passes concurrently to get people to bite on that super pass - as the longer they wait the more people that want cars will likely get just the car pass. i guess they will make more money this way rather then selling them the super pass discounted.

maybe mascot is right and they are reworking the pricing. down to zero? doubtful.

whatever the case, its weird we dont know anything about it yet. potentially, the first expansion is about a month away with the talked about nordschleife.

saladine1

Maybe not. It would be very good PR after recent events.

Oh, I agree. There certainly needs to be some good will shown from Turn 10.
While I don't expect every piece of content to be free, there has to be at least some that is. Whether it's a track or a car pack or something else.
Certainly, prices of other content will have to be revised as well..

I'd also like to see other than cars and tracks offered as DLC. I'm looking for other features and 'modes' for some variety too..

On another note, I absolutely love the way the cars bounce and dart around on the track. It looks and feels marvelous!

Man, I thought getting mine at £290 was a steal.

£230 is a fecking good price for the TX wheel o_o

At least I didn't pay the initial 350-400+ prices.

Yeah it's crazy, went shopping with £400 to spend a couple of times and I'm so glad there was none in stock now.

Know that feeling all too well.

Any proud owners of McLaren M23 here? Here is something you might like, enjoy guys ;)

Oh and please remember to like it and actually use it otherwise I don't get paid. Didn't make a single credit from paints yet, the new share and reward system is just stupid.

11283990105_5e71912bba_b.jpg

11284045616_97fe0b2024_b.jpg

11283990845_f918ca4ef2_b.jpg

wowzas. How do I find these in the store?

Mascot

Oh, I agree. There certainly needs to be some good will shown from Turn 10.
While I don't expect every piece of content to be free, there has to be at least some that is. Whether it's a track or a car pack or something else.
Certainly, prices of other content will have to be revised as well..

I'd also like to see other than cars and tracks offered as DLC. I'm looking for other features and 'modes' for some variety too..

I think free tracks would also encourage more people to buy car DLC.

Charging for tracks (especially legacy ones) would seem a bit cheeky, I reckon. The track count in FM5 is light because of the pressure to meet launch day, but if MS had delayed FM5 by six months then there would have probably been a load of the old tracks included. Consumers have demonstrated their faith in the product by buying it despite the meagre track count, so the very least MS can do to repay that faith is topping up the content periodically to fatten the game up closer to standards set by FM3 and FM4.

Any proud owners of McLaren M23 here? Here is something you might like, enjoy guys ;)

Oh and please remember to like it and actually use it otherwise I don't get paid. Didn't make a single credit from paints yet, the new share and reward system is just stupid.

11283990105_5e71912bba_b.jpg

11284045616_97fe0b2024_b.jpg

11283990845_f918ca4ef2_b.jpg

Damn!

Hawk269

Either the 15th or 16th I believe.

Also, there is supposed to be a VIP patch this week...for people that have the VIP glitch. Like myself :(

Yeah, I also have the VIP issue where I have received nothing for buying the LCE. Hope that does get fixed this week. Man, I really need some more tracks though. I am glad for the ones we have as we got a very good variety and the new ones are really fantastic. Just need at least 4 or 6 more and I will be happy.

Once that is done, focus on Forza 6 for 2016. 32 tracks minimum, 800 cars, improve the engine to get rid of some of the jaggies and bring back the 3d crowds because to me that would add a lot to the atmostphere. Lastly, have working Pit Stops for the first time.

Just in response to the rubber banding comments. What is it then when the cars behind cut corners and drive on grass etc without any consequences. Sometimes even when I am out driving the other car it will use these techniques to catch up or force me to also cut corners just to keep up.

Still really enjoying the game aside from that, I do hope drivatars are improved in the future when it comes to braking and knowing when to accelerate.

I am having trouble deciding whether to save up for the lotus f1 car. I have 3.4 million now and thinking of buying a Le Mans car instead as I got spoilt by it in the rivals spec race! So hard to decide which cars to purchases first with the high price tags!

eso76

So, let's say I'd like to see how my drivatar is doing.

Why hasn't t10 thought of something as simple as tagging all players in a race, when a replay is shared ?
So that when I go to forza tv I can search for "races my drivatar raced".

Maybe a notification saying "your drivatar won this race, watch the replay!".

Ball dropped, T10 :p

Krilekk

Banned
Yeah, I also have the VIP issue where I have received nothing for buying the LCE. Hope that does get fixed this week. Man, I really need some more tracks though. I am glad for the ones we have as we got a very good variety and the new ones are really fantastic. Just need at least 4 or 6 more and I will be happy.

Once that is done, focus on Forza 6 for 2016. 32 tracks minimum, 800 cars, improve the engine to get rid of some of the jaggies and bring back the 3d crowds because to me that would add a lot to the atmostphere. Lastly, have working Pit Stops for the first time.

800 cars, LMAO. Only twenty years of grinding needed to own them all. A car in Autovista quality takes 12 weeks to create. After April they'll be at 260 cars in F5 and the best one can hope for are 350 cars in F6. Probably less and the rest is DLC.

Just went onto Forza rewards to see if I had anything unlocked and I got 1m Forza 5 credits? Never bought anything of the like, also got 20k on Forza Horizon and Forza 4.

Next tier says if I get another 106 points (not even sure how you get "points" specifically) I can unlock 2m credits which expires in 20 days.

Im assuming 1m is a lot as the car i've just bought (Camero) was only like 50k credits or so.

Info might might be old but I was just surprised, was quite pleased with the 10k credits I got when I used it before...

wowzas. How do I find these in the store?

Go to "paint car" at main menu with McLaren M23, then choose "Find New Design" and then you press search (two squares button on controller) and then you put my gamertag, which is the same as my GAF name (H3rtZ DoNuT) in the "Creator" option and it will find it for you.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
got my new set today. boy does forza look good in 1080p and in 60"!

11299914756_ca9b32a4a3_c.jpg

apologies for the not so hot picture - not really sure how to get a decent off screen picture of a tv

Hawk269

800 cars, LMAO. Only twenty years of grinding needed to own them all. A car in Autovista quality takes 12 weeks to create. After April they'll be at 260 cars in F5 and the best one can hope for are 350 cars in F6. Probably less and the rest is DLC.

lol...yeah it is wishful thinking to expect 32 tracks and 800 cars. I guess, I just want them to really bring it with Forza 6. The current engine with some modifications to help reduce the jaggies and perhaps add even more track side detail/3d crowds should not bee to much of an issue.

I would love to see them just really bring it like they never done before. Bring back the tracks from the original game, Blue Mountains, Alpine Ring, Rio, Tokyo etc. would be such a great thing to see.

The_Monk

I've been checking every now and then this fine thread and it's great to see the amazing liveries from fellow GAFfer H3rTz are in Forza 5 too. I would be all over requesting some VW's Paints just like you did them for me in previous Forza's but this time not only the Economy is quite harsh in here but the XB1 is still an expensive import. Either way, keep it up that amazing job, FORZA-GAF is lucky to have you in here since the old days! :)

saladine1

Just in response to the rubber banding comments. What is it then when the cars behind cut corners and drive on grass etc without any consequences. Sometimes even when I am out driving the other car it will use these techniques to catch up or force me to also cut corners just to keep up.

Still really enjoying the game aside from that, I do hope drivatars are improved in the future when it comes to braking and knowing when to accelerate.

I am having trouble deciding whether to save up for the lotus f1 car. I have 3.4 million now and thinking of buying a Le Mans car instead as I got spoilt by it in the rivals spec race! So hard to decide which cars to purchases first with the high price tags!

The Lotus F1 is so much fun to drive. It's worlds apart from everything else. Reactions need to be razor sharp. When everything clicks though, it's like driving on rails...with traction control on of course...

got my new set today. boy does forza look good in 1080p and in 60"!

11299914756_ca9b32a4a3_c.jpg

apologies for the not so hot picture - not really sure how to get a decent off screen picture of a tv

I've got a 62" Panny plasma and it looks phenomenal!

I've been checking every now and then this fine thread and it's great to see the amazing liveries from fellow GAFfer H3rTz are in Forza 5 too. I would be all over requesting some VW's Paints just like you did them for me in previous Forza's but this time not only the Economy is quite harsh in here but the XB1 is still an expensive import. Either way, keep it up that amazing job, FORZA-GAF is lucky to have you in here since the old days! :)
You can't get an Xbox One where you are?

p3tran

Banned
How much did it cost you?
full price unfortunately.
it comes to 456 euros.

I did open a chat with them yestrday, and informed them about much lower prices found, and give the links too.
othey said they would reply to my querry in 6 to 12 hours, but the reply I got was an email saying "item dispatched, not able to cancel anymore"

Filler Bunny

Neo Member
Even when you rewind and attempt something again, the AI do different actions.

Just the other day I attempted to pass major nelson's drivatar on a straightaway after slipstreaming him and just as I pulled even with him, he viciously sideswiped me off the road.

I cursed his name as I mashed the rewind button and then thought id be clever and pass him on the other side and he sideswiped me again!

Round 3 Nelson... This time im going to pit manouver you out of spite.

Oh wait, no. This time he slams on the breaks before I can even consider my revenge and I rearend him....

Curse you nelson...

saladine1

Just the other day I attempted to pass major nelson's drivatar on a straightaway after slipstreaming him and just as I pulled even with him, he viciously sideswiped me off the road.

I cursed his name as I mashed the rewind button and then thought id be clever and pass him on the other side and he sideswiped me again!

Round 3 Nelson... This time im going to pit manouver you out of spite.

Oh wait, no. This time he slams on the breaks before I can even consider my revenge and I rearend him....

Curse you nelson...

lol

It's nice to see different things happen on rewind.

Funnily enough, I'm in love with the new tracks Yas, Bathurst and Spa. Yas i'm really taking a liking to. Turn 2 can be a handful sometimes especially in a shorter wheel base car. It easily unsettles the car sending it careening off into a wall.

I'm getting sick however, of Laguna, Indy and Sebring..and I hate the Bugatti track..and I miss Suzuka, Motegi, Mugello and Nurb F1.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is there any way to listen to music via the OS yet? The music in Forza really doesn't do anything for me and I would love to change it up. :-/

It probably bears repeating every once in a while (like, on every new page?) that you can get a lot of credits (millions) by visiting forzamotorsport.net ...

And rubber banding is more than simply "breaking the laws of physics". Completely sand bagging lap times until the player is leading and than just following closely behind is rubber banding.

No, haven't seen this at all. Perhaps I drive too fast? If I'm in a slower car, they also don't follow me closely behind, but they actually try to overtake (or if I am on a track I don't know properly yet).

eso76

If every car was actually new and autovista that might be true.

Truth is the cars which are actually new to the series aren't that many and most old cars are just quick FM4 ports with opening doors.
T10 could bring (should have brought) all FM4+Horizon cars.to next gen FM easily and rather quickly.

Speaking of Horizon cars.

Where the heck is my

???

It probably bears repeating every once in a while that you can get a lot of credits (millions) by visiting forzamotorsport.net ...

Eh, i got 4.000.000. unfortunately the discount weekend had expired when i did, otherwise i would have bought several dozens cars

Mascot

Funnily enough, I'm in love with the new tracks Yas, Bathurst and Spa. Yas i'm really taking a liking to. Turn 2 can be a handful sometimes especially in a shorter wheel base car. It easily unsettles the car sending it careening off into a wall.

I'm getting sick however, of Laguna, Indy and Sebring..and I hate the Bugatti track..and I miss Suzuka, Motegi, Mugello and Nurb F1.

Played some FM4 yesterday and I'm really not sure how you guys are coping without the 'Ring, Nurb F1, Road America, Suzuka, Maple Valley, Mugello, Sunset, Camino, Fujimi and the rest of the omissions.

Hell, I was even enjoying Hockenheim.

In other news, my FM4 progress has once again reverted back to around 17% completion (it was high 90s at one point). If you are watching, Helios - the problem persists. And it's quite annoying.

Did you guys see this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732085

Someone made a mod/adapter that makes Xbox 360 controllers work on Xbox One.....
Surely, there must be a way for our Fanatecs to work to?1?1

In the compatibility list it doesn't mention Fanatec as being supported. Surely someone can find out something..

I doubt very much that this dongle will allow unsupported wheels to facilitate force feedback.

Ambient80

This is my first Forza game and honestly I am loving it. I'm not particularly good yet (keep my difficulty on Average) but it has just been a LOT of fun. Not sure what all the riff raff was about microtransactions, as I haven't once felt the need to buy credits or anything. I got a million credits from the Forza site, and that has been plenty!

Any other newbies having a good time? :)

Top Bottom