• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

Nopren

Yeah it was fine for a first episode.

Did anyone pick what the song in the credits was? I tried to google it, but no luck.

I think the song was In The Water by JTLane, that is the music credit at the end of the credits at least.

And yes, it was a really good episode. So far they've made it work with Clementine as the protagonist, but I'm starting to get too clued in to how Telltale are gonna yank my emotional strings.

Just finished it. Jesus Christ, they don't pull any punches. Some brutal stuff in there.

A question for who finished it:
Who did you go with at the ending? I went with the older guy (whose name I forgot), even though he was obviously bitten. Didn't trust the other guy, and he sure as hell didn't trust me.

As for the next episode teaser:
"I thought you were dead!" I'm guessing either Christa or Kenny. The latter would be insane.

Just finished it. Jesus Christ, they don't pull any punches. Some brutal stuff in there.

Who did you go with at the ending? I went with the older guy (whose name I forgot), even though he was obviously bitten. Didn't trust the other guy, and he sure as hell didn't trust me.

"I thought you were dead!" I'm guessing either Christa or Kenny. The latter would be insane.

Younger dude. The old guy was already dead.

JordanKZ

The choice was obvious, regardless of how dumb the younger guy was... The old one was gone. You don't go with someone who's bit.

PriitV

So I just finished TWD Season 2 EP1 and I have some things to say

It hit me right into my feels
when the dog attacked me and I had the choice to either kill it or leave it in its misery.. I killed it, really reminded me when I had to put down my dog of 10 years, so fucking awful. I might have cried during this bit.
and then it got better, it really felt like a real interactive story telling and oh my god the
ending.. having to choose between this old dude and his step-son.. my adrenaline was already pumped up high so it only made it so much better. I chose to run over to the step-sons side and jesus christ, the words he said were the most hard-hitting words ever. Now I feel bad.

tl;dr - PLAY IT

Telltale are really the best in the business. Can't wait for next episode of either this or the wolf game, going to pre-order the Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands as well.

Anung

Un Rama
Still waiting for it to work ;_; Why? Telltale, why?!

I prefer playing this as each episode comes as I think it gives you more time to think about your choices and the story and wait in anticipation of the next one. Playing it in the oner (while valid) hurts the pacing in my opinion.

Jyrii

Banned
I think the song was In The Water by JTLane, that is the music credit at the end of the credits at least.

And yes, it was a really good episode. So far they've made it work with Clementine as the protagonist, but I'm starting to get too clued in to how Telltale are gonna yank my emotional strings.

Thank you!

I actually rewatched the credits and it was indeed In The Water, but credited to Anadel

It is a really beautiful song:
http://anadel.bandcamp.com/track/in-the-water

MrOddbird

Neo Member
Fantastic start for a new season! It was especially brutal.

Kenny was actually never mentioned to be dead. In the last season's final choice result screen, it just says that Kenny is missing. Good thing I didn't burn that picture after all

Gorlan

Neo Member

Older guy. Chop chop.

Valravn

Fantastic start for a new season! It was especially brutal.

Kenny was actually never mentioned to be dead. In the last season's final choice result screen, it just says that Kenny is missing. Good thing I didn't burn that picture after all

Wow
I know for sure that it is Kenny, hence the choice of burning either Lee's picture or the drawing of Kenny's family, so you can have the choice of giving it to him.

It'd be nice if they stopped retweeting positive reviews until they let their paying customers actually play the game. 17+ pages on their community site of people saying they can't play and no word yet about the issues.

Nopren

I went with the older guy as well. As he himself mentioned earlier in the episode, just chop it off.
Wow
I know for sure that it is Kenny, hence the choice of burning either Lee's picture or the drawing of Kenny's family, so you can have the choice of giving it to him.

Or you could choose to pick up the log next to the fire and burn that instead ;)

JoeBoy101

I am downright stunned how good that first episode was. I guess looking back that I was concerned about continuing with Clementine because I thought they would have to go softer on her. Instead, they made her harder. And in a way that feels authentic. I mean, shit, they really did not pull any punches.

As said, dat stitching scene.

Ultimately, what impressed me the most was the believable responses and actions from characters.
The group not trusting you. Being able to deny the dying dude water, which I did. Etc.

Also, whomever wrote the campground scene needs to up and fucking die. It nearly brought me to tears.
But also a fantastic example of realism. Take food away from a starving dog you barely know? Yeah, they ain't going to be cool about that.

With the choice at the end
I went with the older dude. Bit? Yup, but he had his shit straight (and AIM for that matter) unlike his dumbass kid. Plus, teaser suggests I might be able to help him in a hacksaw kind of way.

Meanwhile over at steam
GRnTo92.png

Jordan

Puzzlebox @ Telltale said:
Our technical team is aware that a small percentage of users are having difficulty with authentication right now. We're working to open up more bandwidth - if you are unable to authenticate, please keep trying, or come back and try again later. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

Small percentage my arse, the thread has over 13,000 views. But good response, here... have our game, but you can't play it for a few hours...

Steaks

So in the next episode...

That other person has to be either Christa, Kenny, Molly or what's her escaped-face person from ep 2 last season. Or maybe someone that we presume dies at the the beginning of the next episode.

Panda Rin

I was really hoping the dog would have been your companion. did not expect it to to be killed off so quickly :(. TT means bizness.

So in the next episode...

That other person has to be either Christa, Kenny, Molly or what's her escaped-face person from ep 2 last season. Or maybe someone that we presume dies at the the beginning of the next episode.

#Teamkenny here. Cant be Christa,she wouldnt have said "I thought you were dead" if Christa was alive.

And now the wait begins.

JoeBoy101

I was really hoping the dog would have been your companion. did not expect it to to be killed off so quickly :(. TT means bizness.

Yeah, but as much as I wanted to punch someone for that scene, having the dog turn on you for taking away the food is the kind of accuracy I'm looking for in a series like this.

Question for the thread: Did Clem ever find out about Kenny 'dying'? I don't recall if Lee told her or not.

ComputerMKII said:
The episode was slow, boring and the new survivors were unlikable as fuck.

Only part I agree with.

fantomena

Finished it. Good episode, ending was kinda bland though.

I helped the old guy, did not care if he was bitten or not, but If I had more time to think I would have rescued the younger guy. Yes, I regret the choice. :p

Dram

That first part was odd.
You'd think the adults would at least make sure the bathroom was safe before allowing Clem in there.

Man, this was a great. And I am really liking Clem. She can definitely take care of herself. Great start to hopefully a great season!

PriitV

That first part was odd.
You'd think the adults would at least make sure the bathroom was safe before allowing Clem in there.
Wait, which options did you take for that to play out?

For me Clem stayed in the sed

MrOddbird

Neo Member
Question for the thread: Did Clem ever find out about Kenny 'dying'? I don't recall if Lee told her or not.

Christa or Omid must've told her. Also the Christa's baby bothers me... I wonder what happened. Speaking of pregnancy, the woman in the episode said: "please let it be his". I wonder who she was referring to...

JoeBoy101

Christa or Omid must've told her. Also the Christa's baby bothers me... I wonder what happened. Speaking of pregnancy, the woman in the episode said: "please let it be his". I wonder who she was referring to...

Wondered the same thing myself about Christa's baby. Miscarriage? For the other woman, I don't think we met the person yet, but I enjoyed throwing it back in her face when she gave me shit in the kitchen.

Let it be his : Probably the black guy. Because he acts like she is his wife. With changing his opinion after she looks at him.
The other guy : Dont know. Probably the guy who is searching for them.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Finished it. Good episode, ending was kinda bland though.

I helped the old guy, did not care if he was bitten or not, but If I had more time to think I would have rescued the younger guy. Yes, I regret the choice. :p

Got to agree, was hoping for a little more. I mean
he was bit so I left him, choice seemed very simple

Roto13

I tweeted Telltale, asking if the PSN Season Pass will be up today, but I'm not expecting an answer. They don't answer questions.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Lame thread title; should have gone with the infinitely better
"Lee's boots are made for walkin'"

Real Hero

As good as the walking dead was/is, I'm not sure I'll get this mainly due to the save glitches, all my choices changed at least twice during season 1, never played 400 days due to this either. The game is so good too so it's a real shame

Thankfully had no issues booting it up on Steam and loading my old save.

Season Two: Episode One thoughts:
Despite getting hurt everytime she trusts someone (literally with Sam :( ) my Clem figured she'd give friendship with Sara a shot, seeing as up to that point no one had helped her at all, and she did hand over the H2O2. Looks like I made the same decisions as the majority so far (I think all the decisions at the end were about an 80/20 split at this point.) Headed off with Pete at the end, so we'll see how things go next time around.

edit: Oh, other thread. Well then.

Top Bottom