• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Spain's PR manager just posted this on his Twitter, and I think it's amazing. Not sure if it's his creation, but whatever.

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

Yo.

I'm sure it'll be tough to secure a pre-order at your local GameStop. This is normal for every system launch, particularly with GS.

What we need to be hoping for is a smooth online pre-order process, as that's how most people pre-order consoles these days. And it was easy to pre-order 3DS, Wii U, and New 3DS online before launch (although you only had a couple days to do so), so I'm hoping it's a similar situation with Switch.

-Horizon-

Nintendo Spain's PR manager just posted this on his Twitter, and I think it's amazing. Not sure if it's his creation, but whatever.

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

Seems they're pretty confident (or at least trying to show they are) that this is gonna redefine the gaming space.

Bring it.

I think the pre-order limits are indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft's retail distribution chain as compared to say Apple's.

I can place an order for an iPhone at Apple.com as soon as pre-orders open and I know I'm locked in place and I can place the same order at a Verizon or AT&T store and know I dont have to keep following up to get the item. It will ship when my place in the virtual line comes up.

The video game companies dont do this and cap pre-orders at a rather low level and if the item is hot force customers to jump from store to store in hopes of finding one.

It wouldn't prevent scalping (look at the price of AirPods for example), but it would certainly be less annoying to have to have one retail transaction that results in a purchase even if someone has to wait for shipping.

Your right. But not of these companies have Apples reach or power either. I think it just shows it is very difficult to pull off a worldwide launch, and only a few companies realistically have the ability to do that and satisfy everyone.

Plum

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

That is a damn good ad, good enough that it shouldn't be relegated to Spain (or unofficial if it is). Nintendo needs to get the advertising right with this; more of these kinds of ads and ones like the Reveal trailer and less... this...

what-ok

Do you guys expect one last surprise regarding hardware, whatever it is?
I do.
Fingers crossed
why would they have kept so much secrecy behind the release? I read that Nintendo thought it would be something others would copy and so far I don't see what is known so far as a big deal.

Bruno MB

I like how that advertisement even if not official (I presume) emphasises that Nintendo Switch is the successor of NES and Wii.

This means it will share the same philosophy.

Waji

That is a damn good ad, good enough that it shouldn't be relegated to Spain (or unofficial if it is). Nintendo needs to get the advertising right with this; more of these kinds of ads and ones like the Reveal trailer and less... this...
Shping shping, shping shping shping !

Almost as bad as French version of Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Direct.
That was painful.

random25

I think we still have this one thing about the device that will surprise us. Not something about the tech itself, since most likely everything has been covered up by the patent discussion, but the usage of the tech.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Reddit Rumour:

someone says their gamestop germany employee showed them what games can be pre-ordered for the switch.

"http://imgur.com/8jwngTz Just got to see this list at my Local GameStop, Germany."

prices and release dates are placeholders so far if I understand correct. But honestly I just found it funny and probably fake

Didn't we hear from Nintendo that what we saw in the trailer wasn't everything? I'm sure we'll see a LOT more features. I'm sure the trailer showed the main point of the system, just a simple powerful console that can be played anywhere, but there may be a lot of useful QOL stuff for casuals, like a possible Switch Fit.

Reddit Rumour:

someone says their gamestop germany employee showed them what games can be pre-ordered for the switch.

http://imgur.com/8jwngTz

Oh God, Monster Hunter! Dammit, I'm going to buy way too many games if these are launch titles. :( I'll just keep it down to BoTW and Splatoon. I'm sure those are guaranteed Switch launch titles. I still haven't finished 3D World yet so I'll hold off on Mario for the Spring.

orioto

Good Art™

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

It's nice and yet.. a little sad that Snes, N64 and NGC which are the most beloved nintendo consoles, are not seen as important markers! But i get the logic i guess. Nes and Wii were mainstream innovations. Others are just damn good consoles..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom