• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice and yet.. a little sad that Snes, N64 and NGC which are the most beloved nintendo consoles, are not seen as important markers! But i get the logic i guess. Nes and Wii were mainstream innovations. Others are just damn good consoles..

And the WiiU. Yea it was absolute hell but it had some DAMN good games!

Reddit Rumour:

someone says their gamestop germany employee showed them what games can be pre-ordered for the switch.

"http://imgur.com/8jwngTz Just got to see this list at my Local GameStop, Germany."

prices and release dates are placeholders so far if I understand correct.

I'm not going to say I believe that list, but it does make me wonder if Nintendo should launch with Mario Kart and Splatoon. As much as I'd love a 3D Mario at launch, it just seems like they'd want to save either that or Zelda for later in the year.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Question, anyone here worked at gamestop germany? Because I think it is strange that the software they use would be in english. We usually translate every little shit.

Plum

Reddit Rumour:

someone says their gamestop germany employee showed them what games can be pre-ordered for the switch.

"http://imgur.com/8jwngTz Just got to see this list at my Local GameStop, Germany."

prices and release dates are placeholders so far if I understand correct. But honestly I just found it funny and probably fake

Why is everything but the stuff we know about as a placeholder? Why would they give them that information and not give them the full list? It's not like it's just limited to games already announced officially.

I'm not going to say I fully believe that list, but it does make me wonder if Nintendo should launch with Mario Kart and Splatoon. As much as I'd love a 3D Mario at launch, it just seems like they'd want to save either that or Zelda for later in the year.

Maybe they want to start with a strong demand for the units. Remember by going to this console they're not dividing between the 3DS and the Wiiu anymore.. there haven't been any Wiiu games forever so you have to think that they've been working on some stuff for a while and it looks like the upcoming 3DS schedules pretty barren as well.

STGHMAAV

Banned
Nintendo Spain's PR manager just posted this on his Twitter, and I think it's amazing. Not sure if it's his creation, but whatever.

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

Being from Spain, this is the first thing I like from Nintendo Spain in a long time

AdanVC

It's nice and yet.. a little sad that Snes, N64 and NGC which are the most beloved nintendo consoles, are not seen as important markers! But i get the logic i guess. Nes and Wii were mainstream innovations. Others are just damn good consoles..

Absolutely and it's nice to see Nintendo is confident to think Nintendo Switch could become a mainstream success just like NES and Wii. Let's hope so, it'll be so cool to see people everywhere with their Switch tablet on the bus, on the train, on the streets...

Just imagine, you sit on the bus with someone who is playing Mario Kart 8.5, you could easily start talking with him/her and even ask it if you could play too so he/she just hands you a joycon and you two start playing! Random strangers playing videogames together on the bus! Damn :')

Pachimari

I probably won't buy a Switch until 2018, but I am super excited to see what Nintendo brings on Friday software wise.

Absolutely and it's nice to see Nintendo is confident to think Nintendo Switch could become a mainstream success just like NES and Wii. Let's hope so, it'll be so cool to see people everywhere with their Switch tablet on the bus, on the train, on the streets...

Just imagine, you sit on the bus with someone who is playing Mario Kart 8.5, you could easily start talking with him/her and even ask it if you could play too so he/she just hands you a joycon and you two start playing! Random strangers playing videogames together on the bus! Damn :')

I really don't think we are gonna see that many play it outside, especially after the mobile gaming boom. Heck, I could count the people I saw play on the DS or 3DS on one hand here in Scandinavia. And seeing others lend out their stuff? Nope. They'll be afraid you'll run away with their joy-con.

Dystify

It could be all the Switch games currently in the system to preorder, not that all are available at launch I suppose.

Yeah, started to think the same. The image doesn't seem very fake to me. Maybe they just added games like DQX cause they're kinda known to come to Switch, but if they actually release here at launch or at all may be another story.

... lol

I'm not sure if you're serious but either way it's pretty funny.

Did you know that translates to placeholder right?

They know.

Maybe they want to start with a strong demand for the units. Remember by going to this console they're not dividing between the 3DS and the Wiiu anymore.. there haven't been any Wiiu games forever so you have to think that they've been working on some stuff for a while and it looks like the upcoming 3DS schedules pretty barren as well.

I don't disagree with you that they need a big launch, but there comes a point where they're burying their own software. There's a reason why Microsoft staggers their fall lineup of first-party games. I'm just saying that we should temper our expectations for what will actually be available on day one.

As for 3DS, that has a pretty solid lineup for 2017. Yoshi and Poochy, Pikmin, Mario Sports, Ever Oasis and Dragon Quest 8 certainly aren't slouches. Those are just the games we know about! Once again, it's always good to temper expectations for new hardware. Zelda at launch will be amazing, but I don't personally think they'll do any better by firing a shotgun blast of big titles on day one.

newarrior

Some interesting accessories:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/27151...r-various-switch-accessories-mentions-chat-au

The mentions of "chat" are self explanatory. I think we all expected voice chat, so no surprises here. As far as the "Wand" mode mention, that's worth deciphering. Holding the Joy-Con vertically could indicate what the listing means by Wand mode, but I think that would be too descriptive for holding it vertically. When you think of wands, you think of things you point and swirl around. To me, it furthers the point of some sort of motion input, but I could be reaching to far. What do you guys think?

Joy cons also double as Wiimotes?

LordRaptor

The image doesn't seem very fake to me.

Its fake as hell.
PEGI 18 rated Monster Hunter?
No PEGI rating for titles that are already PEGI rated elsewhere?
PEGI info for placeholder titles but not the name of the titles themselves?
"NSW NBA" instead of the actual game title - which would be 2K NBA Courtside 2017 or whatever?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
... lol

I'm not sure if you're serious but either way it's pretty funny.

Did you know that translates to placeholder right?

Will the title be changed to "Placeholder" for the English localization or do you think they'll keep it true to the original?

Dystify

Its fake as hell.
PEGI 18 rated Monster Hunter?
No PEGI rating for titles that are already PEGI rated elsewhere?
PEGI info for placeholder titles but not the name of the titles themselves?
"NSW NBA" instead of the actual game title - which would be 2K NBA Courtside 2017 or whatever?

It's definitely faulty. I don't believe in a MH Pegi 18 either and some of those release dates, etc. It just seems like a premature list in some Gamestop system that'll be updated come Friday. Who knows.

Sigh, one more work shift tomorrow before my time off to bask in the glory of the full switch unveiling. Gonna secure a preorder ASAP.

Edit.

That is brilliant.

This looks like an ad from a 90s computer magazine.

Edit: Ah, it basically is. It's a callback to specifically that.

We've discussed at-length the possibility of the default joy-con imitating a Wii-Mote. Our verdict was that they don't have enough inputs to fully copy the Wii-mote/nunchuk setup.

However... I fully expect that the IR sensor can be used to simulate touch input. IE, point it at the TV while docked for a touch-screen game. This setup would suggest that touch-input could be an option, but they may not allow it as the primary form of input. There's also the rumor that the Switch supports Wii-motes through Bluetooth, so it's likely we'll have that option as well as a joycon that more closely mimics a Wii-remote.

Matbtz

Yeah. The SCD so the Switch can be more powerful than the Xbox Scorpio.

��

I would like to see the SCD on Friday but if the thing is real they should release it in several years to buff up the switch as Sony and Microsoft are doing with PS4 pro or scorpio.
You buy the SCD as an add-on to buff your switch, no need to buy a new console, it could be cool

BTA

This isn't a thing anymore. Amazon now sells Nintendo hardware directly.

I took a look at Amazon before posting that and every Wii U and 3DS listing I saw seemed to be 3rd party? Unless I just missed the proper listing somehow. I'd like to be wrong, so I'm not ruling that out.

I took a look at Amazon before posting that and every Wii U and 3DS listing I saw seemed to be 3rd party? Unless I just missed the proper listing somehow. I'd like to be wrong, so I'm not ruling that out.

Wii-U and 3DS are just hard to find in general at the moment. That's not just Amazon. Looking for a 3DS on Gamestop's site in the U.S. yields pages of refurb units first.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I just realised, the rumoured release date in the superior date format is really nice:

Half Life 3 confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom