• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ultra Street Fighter 4 Info

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/system.html

"Red Focus" mode turns out to be true. Acts like a focus, uses super meter to do absorb multiple hits, builds Ultra meter faster.

iFwV0wb.png

Also you can select an option to have both Ultras available during a match, but the damage of either will be reduced.

TfNSuLe.png

Also unblockables removed.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrUcZyQUl6Y

New System #1: Ultra Combo Double!

Before the match starts you’re able to choose between your Ultra I and Ultra II combos. In Ultra we’ve added a third option, “Ultra Combo Double.” As the name suggests, once you’ve built up your revenge gauge you’ll be able to use either Ultra combo! The downside to this is that the Ultra will do less damage than it normally does.

Here’s a screenshot of your Revenge Gauge when you’ve selected the Dual Ultra Combo option.(Why the “W” you may ask? Well, doesn’t a “W” sound a lot like “double?” …No? Well, we’re working on it!)

Having both Ultras available will give you new ways to press your opponent, limit their options, and expand your fighting strategies.

New System #2: Red Focus Attack

This is a feature that strengthens the Focus Attack system.

It uses up Super meter, but can absorb multiple attacks. Since it uses meter you’ll have to put some careful thought into how you use it. As the name implies you can distinguish it by its red glow. Just like the regular Focus Attack, the Red Focus Attack can also be dash canceled.

Our vision is that Dual Ultra Combos will give you more offensive options, while the Red Focus Attack will give you more defensive options.

Can you think of how these system changes will affect things for the current 39 characters? And that’s not even taking into account the new characters! Things are about to get interesting!

I’ll be releasing more details about the new systems on this blog and the official site so be sure to keep checking in.

But before I wrap things up for this week’s entry, I’d like to show you the finished poster for the arcade version of Ultra SFIV.

We’ve got the main character, Ryu, at the forefront and a mix of new and old characters behind him. The lightning strikes gives you the feeling that an “Ultra” fight is about to take place!

Well that’s my Ultra SFIV news for this week. Hopefully I can bring you more new info in the near future!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I like that it is based Makoto who gets to show off red focus stuffing Ryu's super back in his face.

salromano

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/10/24/new-battle-systems-in-ultra-sfiv

New System #1: Ultra Combo Double!

Before the match starts you’re able to choose between your Ultra I and Ultra II combos. In Ultra we’ve added a third option, “Ultra Combo Double.” As the name suggests, once you’ve built up your revenge gauge you’ll be able to use either Ultra combo! The downside to this is that the Ultra will do less damage than it normally does.

Here’s a screenshot of your Revenge Gauge when you’ve selected the Dual Ultra Combo option.(Why the “W” you may ask? Well, doesn’t a “W” sound a lot like “double?” …No? Well, we’re working on it!)

Having both Ultras available will give you new ways to press your opponent, limit their options, and expand your fighting strategies.

New System #2: Red Focus Attack

This is a feature that strengthens the Focus Attack system.

It uses up Super meter, but can absorb multiple attacks. Since it uses meter you’ll have to put some careful thought into how you use it. As the name implies you can distinguish it by its red glow. Just like the regular Focus Attack, the Red Focus Attack can also be dash canceled.

Our vision is that Dual Ultra Combos will give you more offensive options, while the Red Focus Attack will give you more defensive options.

Can you think of how these system changes will affect things for the current 39 characters? And that’s not even taking into account the new characters! Things are about to get interesting!

I’ll be releasing more details about the new systems on this blog and the official site so be sure to keep checking in.

But before I wrap things up for this week’s entry, I’d like to show you the finished poster for the arcade version of Ultra SFIV.

We’ve got the main character, Ryu, at the forefront and a mix of new and old characters behind him. The lightning strikes gives you the feeling that an “Ultra” fight is about to take place!

Well that’s my Ultra SFIV news for this week. Hopefully I can bring you more new info in the near future!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Two ultras just sounds like a complete mess that will drag out rounds to me. But like all things I'll have to see what it's like in action to really decide what it's like.

dezzy8

I dislike this red focus feature. The two ultras is kinda cool though. Really cool for that ultra that's only good in a very few situations.

nikos

So wait, if I'm holding Focus Attack and somebody mashes two jabs, it will turn into a red focus and I will lose a bar from my super meter? Is this accurate? What about on a third hit, do I lose another bar?

kirblar

So wait, if I'm holding Focus Attack and somebody mashes two jabs, it will turn into a red focus and I will lose a bar from my super meter? Is this accurate? What about on a third hit, do I lose another bar?
There's a different input for the Red Focus, I believe.

Soulstar

I can see two Ultras going either way for this game. It could either be incredibly awesome or disasterously terrible. Either way I'm excited to give it a try.

kodecraft

I can't wait to have all you rush down players think twice about your attack. This changes the game for everybody. I'm not a turtle-fighter by any means but some of ya'll throw everything and the kitchen sink, juggle combos and ultras that are safe.

I'm ready!!

Top Bottom