• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if anyone wants to relieve me from my shackles of gaming loneliness, my psn id is 'nemmie-'
I'll add ya up. You won't be alone with VitaSonyGaf on your side.

-

Regarding Freedom Wars, I was *super* excited for it initially. The more I see on it, the more I finding myself being less and less enthusiastic. I'll still buy it to support it. I am just not the biggest fan of the "hunting like" game that has the players (you) have the ability to have mellee AND long range at the same time. God Eater was the same way, as is SS. Now, I'm not knocking any of them in any way. SS was an absolute blast, but it couldn't hold my attention forever. Admittedly, I have roughly 1 hour total in to GE, and for SS I cleared the story, and over half the Avalon pacts. I loved so much about SS, but the combat just felt lacking to me, and that's when I made the realization I spoke of a few sentences ago.

Having players set with one weapon for the duration of the "hunt", to me, forces team play much more so than having everyone have about the same abilities. This goes back to my MoHun days. Each member has a job to do, instead of their job being "wail away at whatever part you can hit best". I know that's not fully accurate, due to the specific targeting in SS, and I can't speak for GE. But MoHun, you'd have the Hammer up front, GS in back, HH user off to the side buffing and poking when they can, while a Bow/Gun user causing staus effects all over. I realize that having everyone able to do roughly the same thing will then make it so the best teamwork is to have everyone / teams split up specific parts to target, and the extra people providing firepower will expedite the process. But to me it just doesn't make me drop my jaw and exclaim I need it. I suppose in MoHun, it always does get to the point where everything is broken, and everyone is just wailing away, like how these other games do. But still, the amount of work for those weapons people use is fairly specific, and one BA looking weapon might inspire someone to try a new class, which invokes a totally new playstyle. And I think that is where the differing weapons comes in. If everyone has guns AND swords, most strategies (to me) just involve staying out of the way, and hitting when and where you can.

All that said, I will still buy the game (Freedom Wars), day 1. The traversal looks really great. I have really only seen roughly 20 minutes of gameplay from an early video, so it's possible things have changed. If I speak of things that aren't quite how I describe them, please enlighten me. The PvP aspects don't interest me a ton now, but I have not seen anything on this, and I am unsure if any video exists. After I saw that initial video, I have been relatively free of all info pertaining to it. Am I missing something, or looking at it from the "wrong" angle?

Li Kao

Demon gaze is good. Pretty simple to pick up and play.

When you say good, err... samey, better, worse than Unchained Blades ?
I have some serious issue with UB. Liked playing the game and then one day, bam, couldn't find the will to play it to save my life. I'm at the final dungeon, even...
Thinking about it I suppose this reaction of mine is linked to the jack of all trade that is the game mechanic-wise. And while I am faaaaar from a prude, the few fanservice sequences were so bad it nearly hurt...
So ? On the scale of Unchained Blades, how good is Demon Gaze ? ( ^_^)

RK128

Both Medievil and Ape Escapes PSP versions give them a Dreamcast level graphical upgrade which look great. Medievil interestingly enough changes up some of the levels compared to the original, adds some, and even removes some from it. Ape Escape also lacks the really creative dual analog stick controls from the original game due to it being a PSP release but this can probably partially be replicated by mapping the right stick on the Vita to something. If that's your easiest option for playing Ape Escape I'd go for it but I'm not so sure on Medievil having never played the PS1 version.

Not sure how they are on Vita due to not playing them on there though.

Thanks for the feedback Tsunamo :).

Saw gameplay of both on Youtube and they look great on Vita :). I think they cuts levels from Midievil due to the original levels maybe having flaws or something (Sony Cambrge themselfs; the creators of the game, worked on the PSP game so they wouldn't cut content they felt was good). For Ape Escape though, how did the original control? The PSP version had the items mapped to the buttons (and the camera mapped to the D-Pad aka the Right Stick on Vita) the anolog stick was spific swings of the net? Either way, thanks for the advice for the games, will currently pick them up :).

Forgot to add this to my post...

HELL YEA MERC KINGS FOR VITA

Perfect fit for this awesome Metal Slug x MoHun/Touk/SS like game. Can't wait to get it, and actually play more than the first few missions!

I can't wait for Demon Gaze!
Been playing Elminage Original on Vita to tide me over
(Great game btw)

I had some free time and decided to work on the Demon Gaze OT. I'm almost done! :D

Someone give me ideas for an OT title please.

Demon Gaze |OT| Crawling is Second Nature
Demon Gaze |OT| Dungeon Vocaloid Experience

vocab

When you say good, err... samey, better, worse than Unchained Blades ?
I have some serious issue with UB. Liked playing the game and then one day, bam, couldn't find the will to play it to save my life. I'm at the final dungeon, even...
Thinking about it I suppose this reaction of mine is linked to the jack of all trade that is the game mechanic-wise. And while I am faaaaar from a prude, the few fanservice sequences were so bad it nearly hurt...
So ? On the scale of Unchained Blades, how good is Demon Gaze ? ( ^_^)

I would say its better. Less tedious overall. With auto battles, and using the touch screen to auto walk through the map makes things a little more relaxing. 7 classes. 5 party members + a boss. You get bosses to join your party, and you have to manage them because they can attack you. It's shorter than Unchained Blades too so it doesn't feel like a slog.

DrKelpo

Banned
Dear Sony,

128GB Vita memory card plz.

Thanks.

right now the 32 gb card is about 60 dollars on play asia.
the 64 is at 115 dollars. the 128 card would cost over 200 dollars, as much as the console itself. i think there is no way sony could say anything to justify this^^

Flandy

right now the 32 gb card is about 60 dollars on play asia.
the 64 is at 115 dollars. the 128 card would cost over 200 dollars, making it way more expensive than the console itself. i think there is no way sony could say anything to justify this^^

128gb would hopefully mean a price drop on the other cards. I can't survive with my 16gb forever

RK128

did you guys know that dead nation is coming for vita next week..? i did not but i am playing it to right now. drunk.

Really? Hope its cross-buy; own the PS3 and PS4 versions (the PS4 version via Plus), so getting the Vita version for free would be nice :). A fun dual-stick zombie shooter for Vita sounds like a great fit in my book (remember having a ton of fun with a dual-stick zombie shooter for my Gen 1 iPod Touch a few years back).

Do you know if the game runs well on Vita? Both console versions of the game run at 30FPS, so if you can confirm if the Vita version runs at that also, that would be appreciated :).

Hanmik

Really? Hope its cross-buy; own the PS3 and PS4 versions (the PS4 version via Plus), so getting the Vita version for free would be nice :). A fun dual-stick zombie shooter for Vita sounds like a great fit in my book (remember having a ton of fun with a dual-stick zombie shooter for my Gen 1 iPod Touch a few years back).

Do you know if the game runs well on Vita? Both console versions of the game run at 30FPS, so if you can confirm if the Vita version runs at that also, that would be appreciated :).

it runs great . i am no tech wizard but it looks and runs fine. i will check if it is cross buy. one moment i am drunk and on my vita.

Takao

Banned
How bad is the port if they're being completely silent about it days before launch?

edit: ^Well, that answers my question.

hemo memo

Gold Member
dZ5FVj2.png

82882-kristen-bell-laugh-cry-gif-big-YpO7.gif

RK128

What does that mean exactly? Did Sony's Twitter hint at a Crash game by accident or something?

Its not like Sony has been hinting at Crash at all over the past few months (The PS4 unveil with Crash 1 music playing, the pre-launch PS4 video that had a clear picture of Crash pointing to a sign representing the SCE Logo.....). Speaking of Crash, if they are hinting at him so much, why aren't the games playable on Vita....

RK128

lol my vita cannot display the mail attachment fact sheet. sorry..

That's okay :). If its cross-buy, I'm sure Sony will let buyers know whenever it comes to PSN. I hope it is, but I won't get upset if it isn't (as the game has been given out for free for a good bit; the PS3 version being a free game due to the PSN Hack, and the PS4 version being a PS+ game last month).

Hanmik

That's okay :). If its cross-buy, I'm sure Sony will let buyers know whenever it comes to PSN. I hope it is, but I won't get upset if it isn't (as the game has been given out for free for a good bit; the PS3 version being a free game due to the PSN Hack, and the PS4 version being a PS+ game last month).

fact sheet doesn't make me any wiser. but my download list shows trial and full game for some other version that cannot be downloaded on my vita.

nampad

The non downloadable stuff showing up on top should hopefully mean crossbuy, you don't own any Dead Nation games already, do you?

Thanks for the impressions Hanmik :)

Flandy

Scumbag Sony. Announces Dead Nation for Vita and remains silent on it for months. Announces PS+ titles and Dead Nation PS4 which was never even announced is part of the IGC.

Scumbag Sony. Announces Dead Nation for Vita and remains silent on it for months. Announces PS+ titles and Dead Nation PS4 which was never even announced is part of the IGC.

Dead Nation is nothing special.

Pretty average game imo. Co-op can be fun though but i didn't really feel like returning after beating it once.

Prelude.

Freedom Wars got a teaser for stuff

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/101/5/2/freedom_wars_by_agb_media-d7dzhnt.gif[IMG]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKqsSuBd-I[/url][/QUOTE]

I fixed your huge gif. Embrace webm.

[url]http://a.pomf.se/ldffaf.webm[/url]

ramyeon

Man, this is depressing stuff. Top guy has to publically beg like the rest of us.
Not really, I think it's a given that Delta is coming out eventually. It's not like he can go out and leak the release on the podcast though, he's just giving it a bit of publicity and is unable to comment on the localisation effort since it hasn't been formally announced.

Dear Sony,

128GB Vita memory card plz.

Thanks.

Dear 128GB complainers,

We're too busy preparing productions for the 8GB and 16GB Vita Cards, since that actually matters in game development. Please delete some stuff as you can back them up or re-download them.

Love, Sony.

Or at least that's what I'm hoping Sony answers. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom