• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

what's the one on the right?

hmm it Totori was on sale once before (sometime back..) so it's a good time to get both games if you want to.
I waited for Muramasa sale for a longgggg time. at this price, it's worth getting permanently.. even if it ends up in PS+ in June/July for US (guesstimation as EU is getting it for May PS+)

Firefly's Diary or Hotaru no Nikki or HTOL#NIQ. It's the one coming to the Vita.

Flandy

So I was thinking of buying all the Atelier games and Muramasa during the golden week sale. Is it worth it to buy them altogether? Does Atelier games go on sale often?

I was thinking of buying all of the atelier games because this is the first time I saw it on sale.

Edit: Atelier games are all digital right?

You're alive :D

The only other time Atelier Totori was on sale was during August of last year and it was the same price. This is the first time Meruru Plus has been on sale. And yeah, both Vita titles are digital only outside of Japan

Number45

What a great day of indie announcements yesterday!

Just catching up but Chasm, Apotheon, Jamestown+, Drifter, Escape Goat and Axiom Verge all look intriguing/awesome.

EDIT: Also, the updates to PS4/Vita yesterday appear to have made internet remote play work for me without any required changes to my router/DMZ/port forwarding.

SmokyDave

I hadn't realised that Ragnarok Odyssey ACE had been released in the EU. Just googled it to see what it's all about and read this in a Gamespot review:

Thanks to intuitive mechanics and responsive controls, even unseasoned slayers can easily string together impressive combos, juggle enemies in the air, and generally unleash the sort of battlefield-scarring hell usually reserved for dedicated action game protagonists like Kratos and Dante.

That, combined with the mediocre review scores convinced me I needed to buy it. If I can enjoy Valhalla Knights 3, I'm sure I can enjoy this.

I hadn't realised that Ragnarok Odyssey ACE had been released in the EU. Just googled it to see what it's all about and read this in a Gamespot review:

That, combined with the mediocre review scores convinced me I needed to buy it. If I can enjoy Valhalla Knights 3, I'm sure I can enjoy this.

I never thought RO was a bad game.

Its repetitive and has a very slow start though. It REALLY hinges on muliplayer to offset some of its mundane aspects.

With friends I had a blast with it. Solo no so much. Thats pretty much par for the course with most hunting/action games like this

Monster Hunter can sometime be an exception because of its heavy layering and depth. There is just so much to do and customize outside of the main missions and some people prefer the one on one dynamics

Puru

It's an average game from what i played so far, it would honestly be far better if they took the time to make more bosses and add them instead of some trash mob hunting quest (there's far too many, and they aren't that hard).

SmokyDave

I never thought RO was a bad game.

Its repetitive and has a very slow start though. It REALLY hinges on muliplayer to offset some of its mundane aspects.

With friends I had a blast with it. Solo no so much. Thats pretty much par for the course with most hunting/action games like this

Monster Hunter can sometime be an exception because of its heavy layering and depth. There is just so much to do and customize outside of the main missions and some people prefer the one on one dynamics
I was worried about multiplayer (my play sessions aren't conducive to online multi), but apparently you can build an AI party in this ACE version. Obviously not as good as real people, but it helps. Quite looking forward to pissing about with it.

It's an average game from what i played so far, it would honestly be far better if they took the time to make more bosses and add them instead of some trash mob hunting quest (there's far too many, and they aren't that hard).
Average is alright by me, man. Reminds me of the PS2 days when any quirky £20 title could turn out to be a gem.

Ragnarok Odyssey is a bad game, IMO.

RO Ace, on the other hand, should be given a chance solely for its revamped battle system.

Its not really revamped though

The weapons are mostly unchanged outside of the one new special move they get from the reviews I read

I dunno. I really want to play this version but I'm not dropping another 35 bucks unless i can get some friends on board. We are still working on Toukiden and gearing up for Soul Sacrifice Delta...

iosefe

Are PSone classics cross save-able? like I can play on the vita upload my save and resume it on my ps3?

you have to manually transfer the save. content manager should have you covered, or you find they save file you want on your ps3, and hit copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom