• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sword Art Online Vita will contain the HD version of the PSP one! :O

On other news, Siliconera asked to a FF art director Naora about FFX and FF Type 0 art...
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/30/creating-art-final-fantasy-x-final-fantasy-type-0/

No big deal to be honest but i read the Type 0 question like a subtle tentative from Siliconera to resurrect the interest for Type 0 and the too vague answer as a tentative to keep it dead :(

EDIT:
TOTP for 50 ppp bros!
Buy Demon Gaze out today in EU!

Sylver

Banned
Were these not going to be released as HD-remakes or was that just a dream?

And it seems my new 64 gb card was not enough...

I remember the announcement just to be PSP games compatible with the Vita... (they weren't released on EU PSN and tweet was made by Konami UK).

wilflare

just finished SteamWorld Dig
I really enjoyed this game. not sure if I want to do another playthrough to get all the trophies.

and I dare say this game is best played on the Vita and nowhere else!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
It was difficult, but I ended up paring down the games I bought to ZOE HD, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, tactics Ogre and Ys. Altogether, they are 50 bucks.

Originally wanted tobacco get soul calibur, the atelier games, MGS HD. Alas, I am not made of money.

wilflare

It was difficult, but I ended up paring down the games I bought to ZOE HD, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, tactics Ogre and Ys. Altogether, they are 50 bucks.

Originally wanted tobacco get soul calibur, the atelier games, MGS HD. Alas, I am not made of money.

should get Totori at least!
Meruru can wait I guess

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The announcement was about the PSP games coming to PSN. People wrongly assumed that Konami was referring to HD remakes.
The announcement was misleading on purpose imo.

I'm pretty sure people will be bound for disappointment if they believed this.
I'm suspicious too, but this seems clear to me
Bandai Namco Games America Reveals Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Storyline and Inclusion of Companion Title

Bandai Namco Games America today announced storyline details and inclusion of a companion title in Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, which is scheduled to arrive in the Americas on the PlayStation Vita as a digital exclusive in summer 2014. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will contain an HD version of the previous game in the franchise titled Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment, which was originally released in Japan for the PlayStation Portable. The exciting game combo celebrates the two titles featured together for the first time ever. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is based off the light novel, manga and anime Sword Art Online and emulates the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (VRMMORPG) gameplay from the Sword Art Online storyline. Multiplayer role playing gameplay will feature a pseudo Massively Multiplayer Online element so that players feel immersed in a massive virtual reality (VR) world.
Another case of misleading on purpose announcement?

Benedict

Should I have only Vita games on my 64gb and have PSP on a 32gb and PSone on my other 32 gb?
Or mix PsOne, Vita and PSP on 64gb?

No matter what I do all my Vita games won't fit on the 64gb card.

Should I have only Vita games on my 64gb and have PSP on a 32gb and PSone on my other 32 gb?
Or mix PsOne, Vita and PSP on 64gb?

No matter what I do all my Vita games won't fit on the 64gb card.

I guess things will be more organized that way.. But personally I would just put all of the games that I am currently or will be playing in the near future together.

Ok, I ended up this sale with:

Chrono Trigger
Chrono Chross
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita)
Final Fantasy VI

I already had Tactics Ogre and Vagrant Story, so the sale just made me mad. Also, I got PS+ for the first time, and my 4gb card is now dedicated to only IGC games while the 32gb is for my own games. I'll try to finally clean my backlog by completing the IGC games first, and right now I'm playing Gravity Rush. I'm in the beginning, but I already liked the comic book style cutscenes. Also, what language are they speaking? Valyrian?

Tizoc

Silly question but does the MGS Vita Collection retail come with any download codes of the like? I use a US account on my Vita and am planning on getting the EU ver. by tomorrow.

Alright. I haven't touched my Vita for months though.

Just came back to Persona 4: Golden and it's fantastic. And now I'm looking for some cheap games on PSN. I'm mainly looking af Spelunky, Terraria, Virtua Tennis 4, Luftrausers and Earth Defense Force 2017 - any of them worth it on Vita?

Can I play multiplayer in Spelunky, so that I control a player on the Vita, while another controls a character on the PS3 in the same level?

Spelunky is very good on the Vita. Yes, you can use it for multiplayer with the ps3. It works better that way than split screen.

Anth1888

Going to pick up Rayman Legends for £8.99.

Really hope Amazon start doing the 32GB card for £40 again, need a larger memory card.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn my 16GB filled to capacity. I knew I should've splurged for a 32.

Phii

Banned
More of a joy to play gandia 1 or trails in the sky?

Trails in the Sky. Very slow prologue but many characters are so cheerful, and the setting is charming. Man do I need to replay this one.

I replayed Crimson Gem Saga not too long ago on my PSP Go, but there's something about the theme at the start menu that's bothering me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9Oi1-4fm9BQ#t=106

Doesn't that reminds you of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QGXMELvSsfc#t=6

nampad

Bought Demon Gaze, my fourth unplayed JRPG on my card, yelp.
Want to support those localizations, now I just finally need to play on.

Bought Demon Gaze, my fourth unplayed JRPG on my card, yelp.
Want to support those localizations, now I just finally need to play on.

nah, we can just contribute to the trophy data they use to prove hardly anybody finishes games and does extra stuff... the data will show that they can just sell niche games with nothing on it, and 90% of people who buy it won't even play it to find out

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The ports of Warrior Within and Two Thrones are pretty solid; controls are good, visuals are more or less on par with the PS2 versions, and the frame rate (at least in the case of Warrior Within) is very solid. Forgotten Sands PSP is a 2.5D platformer that is quite fun :); great platforming with Princes full move-set translated into 2D, graphics looking very nice (they are based of the Wii version) and the gameplay with the sand powers is solid.

They aren't the greatest games on Vita, but still are fun ones :).
Based on this post I went ahead and bought all 3 games. I've only played Forgotten Sands so far and I quite like it with the exception of one thing. The save system sucks balls. You can't manually save at all and the game gives no indication of when it auto saves. I tried switching the game off in the middle of a level and it turns out it it saved nothing. Seems like you have to play through an entire level in one go or it won't save. Ugh. I hate games that do that. It's especially annoying for a handheld game. It's just poor game design. Just let me save the game at the chekpoint. It's not hard. But the gameplay is pretty good so far and the early levels aren't too long so it's not too bad. It's definitely gonna really piss me off if that later levels are on the long side though.

Takao

Banned
Hehehe its a possibility, but I dont wanna put the code in and its not on the store. Im scared im gonna get an error message then tell me the code has been used

As long as you don't input the code a bunch of times prior to release, you'll be fine. Review codes sometimes go live on the day of launch, but you get them earlier. Inputting them before won't disable them.

Guys I'm getting a slim Vita next week, how do I go about transferring my/games account to the new one?

Is it as easy as taking out the memory card, putting it in the new one and I'm done? I'm selling my 1000 model so I'd like to know if there's any weird loose ends I'll need to tie up. Obviously I will also do a factory reset on the old one once the I have everything on my slim.

spannicus

As long as you don't input the code a bunch of times prior to release, you'll be fine. Review codes sometimes go live on the day of launch, but you get them earlier. Inputting them before won't disable them.
Thanks Takao
So you have a code for BL2? :eek:

You can probably contact Sony support if something goes wrong.
Thanks Zero. I can get the code now but I was wondering if its up for review purposes. If not I might as well wait a few days. Havent heard anyone reviewing the game so that also leads me to believe its not up. Im just anxious to play it, gonna give my Vita a lot of play.
There are a few people who have them in hand already so I was just gonna have them email me the code now and send vita through the mail. Only asking for 20 more than what you'd be paying at GS.

spannicus

Guys I'm getting a slim Vita next week, how do I go about transferring my/games account to the new one?

Is it as easy as taking out the memory card, putting it in the new one and I'm done? I'm selling my 1000 model so I'd like to know if there's any weird loose ends I'll need to tie up. Obviously I will also do a factory reset on the old one once the I have everything on my slim.
Go to content manager and back up your card to ur PC. When u get new Vita just restore files onto new one through content manager

ZeroAKA

Thanks Zero. I can get the code now but I was wondering if its up for review purposes. If not I might as well wait a few days. Havent heard anyone reviewing the game so that also leads me to believe its not up. Im just anxious to play it, gonna give my Vita a lot of play.
There are a few people who have them in hand already so I was just gonna have them email me the code now and send vita through the mail. Only asking for 20 more than what you'd be paying at GS.
That's good news. Hopefully we get new info on BL2 Vita soon then.

nampad

nah, we can just contribute to the trophy data they use to prove hardly anybody finishes games and does extra stuff... the data will show that they can just sell niche games with nothing on it, and 90% of people who buy it won't even play it to find out

To be fair, my percentage of finished games has to be the highest on the Vita of all platforms I ever owned. It's just that a JRPG is such a longterm commitment.

OK, I have to ask: Does anyone here actually use Near on their Vita? I still don't understand how it works or why it exists. I just wish I could delete it, and the rest of the useless bloatware on there.

ZeroAKA

OK, I have to ask: Does anyone here actually use Near on their Vita? I still don't understand how it works or why it exists. I just wish I could delete it, and the rest of the useless bloatware on there.
It was an interesting concept that some games use to send presents and data to other players, but Sony never really did anything with it. It's pretty much useless now.

I was using it frequently before the latest version. Previously, it was easier to search for people with vitas near you (and you can check what they had played lately). You could search for multiple locations as well (if you're traveling). You could also add those that you find as friends. You can also get some free items that your other friends have shared via Near (in Treasure of Montezuma you can get free crystals if someone shared them via Near)

Lately however, you can't search by location anymore. It will just inform you if someone is near you only then you can search for other people on the same location. The free items are still the same but most of them are automated now and you don't need to check it anymore.

I know this is pretty much a vita thread, but I just noticed Knack is at 29.99 at Amazon. Is that a good price to buy it, or should I wait more? Is the game even worth buying?

Edit: Made thread, disregard questions.

The_Monk

My good and dear Vita-bros, Muramasa is so pretty! Why haven't I play this game earlier? First time playing, after a long and tiresome day and the visuals are stunning.

Also, there are
Monks!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom