• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kassatsu

Banned
i6i8spS9mbDp1.png

Here is a list of upcoming PSN games which will probably get updated more than this OP.

ibwdETypGDx2if.png

April 1st Mercenary Kings (Free with PS+)
April 1st King Oddball
April 8th Daylight
April 8th Strike Suit Zero (
April 14th Final Fantasy XIV
April 16th Trials Fusion
April 30th Child of Light

ibeIxLXGz9CCSl.png

April 1st Ragnarok Oddysey Ace
April 1st Chicken!Chicken! (PSM)
April 1st Squirrel Run (PSM)
April 1st BLAST Ninja (PSM)
April 15th Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
April 22nd Demon Gaze

ib2qPuhlO4Sxep.png

April 1st Ragnarok Oddysey Ace
April 1st Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Deluxe Edition
April 8th RBI Baseball
April 29th Raiden IV: Overkill
April 30th Child of Light

ilr8sk0ofXwmZ.png

EU
Mercenary Kings (PS4)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3/Vita)
Hotline Miami (PS3/Vita)
Moto GP 13 (Vita)

NA
This are released weekly, we do not know the order
Mercenary Kings (PS4)
Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Stealth Inc. (PS3/Vita)
Velocity Ultra (Vita)
Castle of Illusion (PS3)
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD (Vita)

ib29cxO4ulSZUS.png

PlayStation Plus Thread

Wall of Shame.

aZO56gR.png

ramyeon

Good to see Sly up for PS+ in Europe this month, I'll take that. Haven't played a Sly game before so I may as well give it a shot.

Not too much else going on for EU on Vita this month right? We don't even get Conception 2 this month.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Demon Gaze is the game I'm most excited for. Kind of bummed theres been like zero talk anywhere for this game on GAF especially after the really positive impressions from folks who played the JP version.

baekshi

Banned
Somehow I am on that list since I barely made posts in the last week or so.

Much aggressiveness. PSN gaf is dead.

RK128

Good to see Sly up for PS+ in Europe this month, I'll take that. Haven't played a Sly game before so I may as well give it a shot.

Not too much else going on for EU on Vita this month right? We don't even get Conception 2 this month.

You are in for a treat, as Sly 4 is a great platformer that took what was great from Sly 1 and 2 and made it even better :). The story isn't the greatest, the load times are long (notably on Vita) and the frame rate does drop a bit (though the game is mostly 60FPS on PS3 and a very stable 30FPS on Vita with Native Res), and the final level is the weakest of the series, but the rest of the game is a great throwback to the good old days of PlayStation platformers like Jak and the original Sly games :).

ramyeon

You are in for a treat, as Sly 4 is a great platformer that took what was great from Sly 1 and 2 and made it even better :). The story isn't the greatest, the load times are long (notably on Vita) and the frame rate does drop a bit (though the game is mostly 60FPS on PS3 and a very stable 30FPS on Vita with Native Res), and the final level is the weakest of the series, but the rest of the game is a great throwback to the good old days of PlayStation platformers like Jak and the original Sly games :).
Sounds good, and stable 30FPS sounds great on the Vita, especially if it's native res.

Just realised a slow month for the Vita is probably a blessing in disguise for me. Piles of university work to get on to, not to mention a growing backlog including FFX-2 D:

RK128

Wait... so Stealth Inc. is also a part of PS+?

So they're throwing everything under that Curve Bundle into PS+? Damn.

It sucks man (I got Thomas, Stealth and Proteus from the the 14 for 14 sale and got Lone Survivor on launch day...) but at least others can play those great games for 'free' :). At the very least the PS4 version of Stealth Inc. isn't going to be free (though I expect it to be part of PS+ latter on...).

Drayco21

Seems like a pretty light month over all- not that a breather month isn't unwelcome. Might get around to finishing Puppeteer or Beyond Good and Evil this month. Psyched to try Mercenary Kings and Child of Light, though.

RK128

Sounds good, and stable 30FPS sounds great on the Vita, especially if it's native res.

Just realised a slow month for the Vita is probably a blessing in disguise for me. Piles of university work to get on to, not to mention a growing backlog including FFX-2 D:

Same boat with college work (though in my case, only about 5 more weeks left until the end of the semester) and Vita backlog (god...I have almost 100+ games on Vita alone) but that's the beauty of the Vita; there is always something to play on it :).

Barakov

Definitely downloading Mercenary Kings. I'm morbidly curious about RBI baseball. I'm looking forward to diving back into FFXIV on PS4. Also really interested in Daylight.

RK128

Seems like a pretty light month over all- not that a breather month isn't unwelcome. Might get around to finishing Puppeteer or Beyond Good and Evil this month. Psyched to try Mercenary Kings and Child of Light, though.

Loved Puppeteer when I beat it last February, so I hope you enjoy it :). Didn't play much of Beyond Good and Evil (even though I got it...almost a year and a half ago) but what I played of it was a very fun Zelda-type game. Do you own Arkam City? Because that game has TONS of content and with it being the free PS3 game this month (in US at least, don't know if you have EU+ or not) means that it can tide you over for quite a long time (I remember taking the whole summer of 2012 to beat the GOTY version + playing half way through New Game +).

ReaperXL7

Man this will be a crazy month

I'm most likely going to pick up Child of light, Demon Gaze, Conception 2, Strike Suit Zero, and Daylight.

Would have bought FFXIV , and Mercenary Kings also but those will be mine for free (relatively speaking due to the subscription for FF)

baekshi

Banned
Man this will be a crazy month

I'm most likely going to pick up Child of light, Demon Gaze, Conception 2, Strike Suit Zero, and Daylight.

Would have bought FFXIV , and Mercenary Kings also but those will be mine for free (relatively speaking due to the subscription for FF)
edit: nevermind.

Gamerloid

I'm picking up nothing this month it seems. Doesn't matter, I have too much if a backlog anyway. I need to beat A Link Between Worlds which is just an amazing game. It really captured the feel of ALTTP.

JJP12

Oddly enough its pretty exciting that there isn't much releasing this month. It gives me a chance to play some awesome games in my backlog without the distraction of shiny new games every Tuesday.

Happy April! I was pretty absent from last month's thread. Picking up Mercenary Kings and Daylight this month.

Of course you're getting Merc. Kings -- it's free.

yes most of it is unlocked and you don't have to do it again. you still have to do the tutorial in the opening because it introduces new stuff.

yes this too, all of it is new.

I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.
I mean, how many of those pacts are recycled? They only added like 7 new archfiends, right?

So I suppose they're all new because it's "fight this new archfiend with this old one!" or something, right?

wowzors

Is Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for vita supposed to be any good? I am interested but the original got poor reviews for repetitiveness.

Flandy

Can we discuss how I passed killatopak on the Wall of Shame last month?
Lets discuss how I defended the top from killatopak
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

- a coldplay song.
I'm still the king though

Wait... so Stealth Inc. is also a part of PS+?

So they're throwing everything under that Curve Bundle into PS+? Damn.

Pisses me off because every single small psn title (Lone Survivor, Pixeljunk, Stealth, etc) they've given the Vita for March and April were on sale with a PS+ discount during Jan and Feb -___- Get your act together Morgan Haro. This is some bullshit

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Hey, I graduate the day Demon Gaze is coming out! Could it be a signal?

Dugna

Conception 2 and Demon Gaze for me this month, I need some simple dungeon grinders to have fun with :D

baekshi

Banned
I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.
I mean, how many of those pacts are recycled? They only added like 7 new archfiends, right?

So I suppose they're all new because it's "fight this new archfiend with this old one!" or something, right?
Well, you'll have to do those 10 chapters again... that could take some time.
though plenty of old and new archfiends there, but all those quests are new . in online , you can pick it to be more difficult so theres also that. they also have a section to download time limited event pacts.

and this...
alice_img1.jpg

Lets discuss how I defended the top from killatopak

I'm still the king though
*king's sidekick

Flandy

Don't worry, my post count will most likely decrease drastically this month now that I don't have Miku to promote anymore.

Your shilling worked wonders too. I went from having no interest in the game to buying it day 1. No idea how that happened

Servers will weep when MLB:The Show drops tomorrow.

Can't wait!

This month I'm hoping a couple of PsOne releases come out that interest me.

I'm picking up Demon Gaze at retail.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm baffled as to why PS3 version of The Show is up and ready for download but the Vita version is nowhere to be found. I probably shouldn't be surprised at all that SCEA forgot that the Vita version exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom