• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

incpdo

Impressions and recommendations from last week purchases.

Luftrausers: Incredible addictive and difficult game , nice music , hotline miami vibe of dying and retrying agin and again etc.

Final Fantasy XHD: Much better than any screenshots posted here , cg animations on the oled are something really nice to see. The game is a gem that every pirate should have on its vita . I still hate the main char but the game is so beautiful and the music is so great i will continue playing. Must have for jrpg fans. And as a port , excellent.

SteamWorldDig: Ididnt try a lot of this one but seems nice enough to keep me playing.

Stick it to the man!: This was a nice surprise for me , it is a really beautiful and hilarious game , seems to be short. kinda a platform game mixed with elements of point and click adventures. It deserves a lot more of attention specially art design wise.

Fez: is not the best platform game around maybe but it has so much soul that will keep you playing, puzzles are clever and you have to really think. exploration is awesome , i love the vibe of the game and i cannot beleive it came from such a man. I respect that man a little now. GREAT game seriously, for me the best of the purchases ( i love platform games with exploration and mysteries)

Takao

Banned
what does this say

電話出演したファンの4人全員が“テイルズ愛”を認められてプレゼントを獲得したが、おおよその賞品が新型PS Vitaや海外版『テイルズ オブ』シリーズのセットなど豪華な品々であるのに対し、最初に選抜されたファンへ当選したのは“たわし”。他の賞品とはあまりにも落差のある内容から、声優陣によってもう1つパネルがめくられることとなり、ここで当選したのが“声優サイン色紙”。最低レベルの賞品から一転して最高レベルの賞品が当たるという、奇跡的な一幕となった。

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/830/830304/

RalchAC

Man, it seems Xtralife wants to piss Sony lately. So many leaks in the last few weeks.

Based Spaniards always leaking game info.

Always same site. It's quite funny XD.

Haven't posted itt in a while due to my (totally deserved) 3 week ban :lol

What happened? Glad you're here again anyway.

Play-Asia had 20% off the whole store a week ago.

Oh shit. Don't play with my heart :(

RalchAC

Don't worry; it was still more expensive than getting one at Nippon-Yasan.

Thanks for that. I feel better now xD.

This leak makes me want to play Soul Sacrifice again. I think I left the game at 7* levels. But I couldn't play Toukiden and SS at the same time. They play soooo different that it was confusing xD

Glad to see SSD leaks (also i'm glad the shortcut is changing to SSD as i had to use SoulSac before due to SS having very loaded meaning in Europe)

RalchAC

Glad to see SSD leaks (also i'm glad the shortcut is changing to SSD as i had to use SoulSac before due to SS having very loaded meaning in Europe)

Oh. Do you mean that Nazi police? I've read SS, SS2 (rumors) and SSD everywhere. At first we used both SoulSac and SS to make people understand the initials. GAF is pretty hard to understand at first because people use that kind of stuff always and for everything xD

I'm baffled as to why PS3 version of The Show is up and ready for download but the Vita version is nowhere to be found. I probably shouldn't be surprised at all that SCEA forgot that the Vita version exists.

It went up at midnight Pacific, $35.99, 3.2 GB

Quite a few games are already out, a few of them came out at 5pm Pacific:
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma $44.99 10.2 GB
Jimmie Johnson's Anything With An Engine $9.99 587 MB
MLB 14 The Show $59.99 20.8 GB
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army $9.99 3 GB

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Fez: is not the best platform game around maybe but it has so much soul that will keep you playing, puzzles are clever and you have to really think. exploration is awesome , i love the vibe of the game and i cannot beleive it came from such a man. I respect that man a little now. GREAT game seriously, for me the best of the purchases ( i love platform games with exploration and mysteries)

Glad to hear you like it!

a man ≠ his personae public ≠ his work

Fez is outstanding, and I admire Phil Fish for it.

Tsunamo

My PS4 got the BLOD right after the post-credits Ground Zeroes scene. Couldn't have done it at a worse time, Mercenry Kings was so close to release and I was looking forward to playing it
April 1, 2014: the day my backwards compatible PS3 YLOD'd

RIP
Must be hardware failure day. :(

incpdo

Glad to hear you like it!

a man ≠ his personae public ≠ his work

Fez is outstanding, and I admire Phil Fish for it.

is quite a joy to play that game in the Vita , much better than in my PC! is like the game was made for the Vita. discovering how to solve certain puzzles is an amazing experience and i will HIGHLY recommend to not use guides its really rewarding.

Tsunamo

I absolutely love Fez, I'm a sucker for games that play with plains/perspectives and Fez does it in a fantastic way.

The only thing that gripes me is the games scale is sometimes so big that I get lost and have trouble finding my way back to where I need to go but once I get more used to the scale of the game I'm sure it wont bother me, especially if NG+ does indeed give you
flying

Makes me sad Phil Fish ended up canceling Fez 2.

Rixa

Dragon Fin Soups kickstarter page they inform in blog post:

Grimm Bros said:
We just announced that we will have a booth at PAX East where we will have a playable demo of Dragon Fin Soup! In addition we will have a cosplayer dressed up as Red Robin! More info coming soon.

So if youre going to PAX East, check booth and inform here your feelings about the game.

My PS4 got the BLOD right after the post-credits Ground Zeroes scene. Couldn't have done it at a worse time, Mercenry Kings was so close to release and I was looking forward to playing it Must be hardware failure day. :(

BLOD so soon? when did you get your ps4. Don't make me worry :(

maouvin

Ahoy VitaGAF.

My Vita stopped uploading my saves to the cloud. The last upload on the activity screen was on March 28.
I can still upload them manually, my subscription is active, my PS+ games work, my trophies are syncing, and I have no such issues on the PS4.

Anyone with the same problem?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good work with the new thread! :)

How in the hell i'm in the wall of shame? I'm not posting frequently, i guess the overall post count is lower since the death of the Vita thread...

First gameplay of Moero Chronicle(NSFW), it's eally painful to see because who is playing REALLY doesn't know what's doing, but imo the game looks really good and aiming at different body parts is a really interesting addition imo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDUFCMl2Uk

Girls und Panzer trailer and screens(it doesn't look bad at all)
http://gematsu.com/2014/03/girls-und-panzer-master-tankery-second-trailer

trailer for One Piece Unlimited Red
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGDRyJJwhyw

Jindrael

Banned
new Thread, hello VitaGAF.

I'm honestly a bit hyped for Demon Gaze this month, heard a few good things.
Does Conception have a demo?
It looks interesting but I'm not sure it is a game for me.

Other than that my Pdf 2nd copy has shipped and should be here by the end of the week *yay*

RalchAC

Dragon Fin Soups kickstarter page they inform in blog post

So if youre going to PAX East, check booth and inform here your feelings about the game.

And pictures! If somebody from VitaGAF goes to PAX East some pics would be awesome :)

Good work with the new thread! :)

How in the hell i'm in the wall of shame? I'm not posting frequently, i guess the overall post count is lower since the death of the Vita thread...

First gameplay of Moero Chronicle(NSFW), it's eally painful to see because who is playing REALLY doesn't know what's doing, but imo the game looks really good and aiming at different body parts is a really interesting addition imo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDUFCMl2Uk

Girls und Panzer trailer and screens(it doesn't look bad at all)
http://gematsu.com/2014/03/girls-und-panzer-master-tankery-second-trailer

trailer for One Piece Unlimited Red
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGDRyJJwhyw

Wow. I mean, it can be a solid dungeon crawler, but I don't think I'd ever play this games outside a dark room. I don't want my parents to disinherit me lol.

OP trailer looks quite good.

Tsunamo

BLOD so soon? when did you get your ps4. Don't make me worry :(
I got mine in late December so i was quite suprised when it happened out of nowhere and had been running fine up until that point. I tried I few methods on the internet (HDD removal to see if that was the issue, bringing up safe mode, using the controller to bring it into standby mode then back to normal boot up, HDMI cable change) but nothing worked so I'm assuming it was a hardware issue/failure.

Luckily my local EB I got it from is giving me a replacement tomorrow so I wont have any issues with waiting times, I just hope I remembered to make sure to put PS4 saves to upload to PS+ so I don't lose them.

I wouldn't worry personally. I seem to be in the severe minority where this happens a few months in and it's a hardware issue rather than something else with a easy fix. I am rather curious as to what would have caused it though
was Ground Zeroes that bad a prologue that it caused my PS4 to die? :p
Happy about this coming to Vita. I wasn't sure about the 3DS version because of the frame rate dips but the Vita version shouldn't have this problem. Hopefully.
I'm really optimistic about the Vita version. Hopefully it's native res and runs at a stable fps.

If not there's always PS3 or Wii U I guess.

incpdo

new Thread, hello VitaGAF.

I'm honestly a bit hyped for Demon Gaze this month, heard a few good things.
Does Conception have a demo?
It looks interesting but I'm not sure it is a game for me.

Other than that my Pdf 2nd copy has shipped and should be here by the end of the week *yay*

yes it has, so go try it!

madp0k

Football Manager 14 Classic gets released on the 11th of April for the Vita

Pre ordered this morning and got VT4 for 6 quid so all is good, 64gb card nect month I reckon as my 32gb and 8gb will be full after Sly.

Lemstar

Any word about how the Vita games are releasing this month? I don't want to wait till the last week of the month for pixel junk.
They've always been at the end of the month; there's no real reason to expect them to not be at the end of the month again. With four weeks remaining after tomorrow and four games, that means there'd be one a week, so odds are it'll be either the 22nd or the 29th.

incpdo

is it wrong if i admire Phil Fish for doing such an amazing platform game? i think Fez is a time machine and gave me back that emotion of "surprise" when you discovered something in the old games. When i was a boy i used to think games where full of secrets (i thought like a 1000 secrets per game i was obviously wrong)it doesnt matter the game .

If you adore exploration , platform and puzzle games. This is a game you will need to play ASAP. Buy FEZ!

fwpx

Checking in. Hello PSGaf.

I can't wait for Mercenary Kings. I'm also about to dive into Monster Hunter on Vita. Anything I should know?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
im waiting for new and tasty , is Munch any good?

It's definitely the most flawed Oddworld game, but I quite enjoyed it. It has some really good design in there but also some really iffy stuff as well. You could tell the devs were struggling with the fact it was their first 3D game. But overall it gets my approval and I'd recommend it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Off to Japan this week for Easter. When I get back I'll have a shiny new 64GB Vita memory card so I can actually download Sly Cooper.

also looking forward to Mercenary Kings tomorrow, and Trials Fusion in a couple of weeks.

Other than that, a relatively quiet month. I'd say that might help me get my backlog down a bit, but Trials has the potential to mess that up

killatopak

Gold Member
Ahhh new thread smell.

Thanks kassatsu!

Can we discuss how I passed killatopak on the Wall of Shame last month?

GTA:V sucked the life out of me for the past week and I just had my finals last two weeks and I studied and I avoided the internet last 3 weeks so basically most of my post count is from the first week of March.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Question: If I back up my games from my 32GB card now, can I just restore them in a few weeks and then they'll automatically download the saves from PS+? Or should I wait until I need to do the transfer? I plan to keep playing them while in Japan, so the saves will be different. I'd probably back up the games individually in content manager to my PC, rather than do a full system backup.

or do I need to do a full backup/restore if I want to keep my wallpapers and bubble organisation

nampad

is it wrong if i admire Phil Fish for doing such an amazing platform game? i think Fez is a time machine and gave me back that emotion of "surprise" when you discovered something in the old games. When i was a boy i used to think games where full of secrets (i thought like a 1000 secrets per game i was obviously wrong)it doesnt matter the game .

If you adore exploration , platform and puzzle games. This is a game you will need to play ASAP. Buy FEZ!

No, but I happen to be someone who likes Phil Fish (and Jon Blow)

It's definitely the most flawed Oddworld game, but I quite enjoyed it. It has some really good design in there but also some really iffy stuff as well. You could tell the devs were struggling with the fact it was their first 3D game. But overall it gets my approval and I'd recommend it.

Urks...I already hated the camera in Strangers Wrath so maybe I shouldn't get Munchs Odyssey.

GTA:V sucked the life out of me for the past week and I just had my finals last two weeks and I studied and I avoided the internet last 3 weeks so basically most of my post count is from the first week of March.

Loser talk :p

Dragon

Banned

Seems like a lot of excuses for not posting! Life is not an excuse because Vita means life.

Yes I mostly lurk in here but that silly joke doesn't get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom