• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLiberty

I'm in the wall of shame even though my account was activated at the half of the month.
How shameful.

BTW op is missing The Sly Trilogy, releasing in Europe within 2 weeks.

I'll buy that using the discount coupon for the PS3 version, hoping it's crossbuy.

That and some indies whose dates will hopefully pop some day before (I want Joe Danger and Mucnh's Odyssee HD)

Woah :lol

Joe Danger 1 & 2 PS Vita Details: Runs at 60 fps, features Atoi, Iota, and Sackboy #1

Actually they didn't say the date, but it should be around the corner though

crinale

Those hunting game expansions are getting out of hand. Surprised that the japanese market is so accepting of it. With the internet features of the new devices it could be easily handled as DLC.

Personally, it makes me second guess my purchases in the genre. Really want Freedom Wars but I am sure there will be Freedom Wars+ down the line in one year.

From seeing it here it's like annual sports games, where fans buy them every hear to play with friends. As for coop game it is important for kids to have newest iteration, because everyone will be basically "done" with the current version for like 2-3 months.

The head of coop game is obviously Monster Hunter, followed by bunch of similar or dissimilar coop games. Enthusiasts aren't satisfied by just finishing Monster Hunter and thus purchase GE, SS and such... and of those bunches Toukiden did quite well for the first shot.

Is it similar to annual CoD and BF thing at the west? I can't really tell...

I'm new to the Vita and I'm surprised how much more alive it feels than my PS4. I like the look of the friends list and the fact that I can see who came online. Really hope the PS4 livens up with some updates.

EktorPR

Seems like a nice month.

I'm picking up:

-Mercenary Kings (for free thanks to Plus)
-Trials Fusion
-Child of Light

And if they're any good:

-Strike Suit Zero
-Daylight

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the new thread! Sorry I haven't been posting too much, started a new job and spend free time with luftrausers.

Looking forward to patches this month! :)
(Killzone, and hopefully Terraria, OlliOlli and PSASBR)

If they can sneak-release Futuridium EP Deluxe this month I'd be pretty happy too.

Shinriji

It seems that Sony Japan will release an app for android and IOS called 共闘ギルド (United Coallition Guild) to become the next "Ad-Hoc Party" for vita. You can matchmake with people, add friends, create party and voice chat with them.

Freedom Wars will be the first game to have native support for this app. The framework is already build on vita.

Maybe I can retire my PS3 now if it work with PSP games as well.

Skyzard

Banned
It seems that Sony Japan will release an app for android and IOS called 共闘ギルド (United Coallition Guild) to become the next "Ad-Hoc Party" for vita. You can matchmake with people, add friends, create party and voice chat with them.

Freedom Wars will be the first game to have native support for this app. The framework is already build on vita.

please Sony

Spelunky multiplayer online!

killatopak

Gold Member

Please be compatible with GE2.

nampad

From seeing it here it's like annual sports games, where fans buy them every hear to play with friends. As for coop game it is important for kids to have newest iteration, because everyone will be basically "done" with the current version for like 2-3 months.

The head of coop game is obviously Monster Hunter, followed by bunch of similar or dissimilar coop games. Enthusiasts aren't satisfied by just finishing Monster Hunter and thus purchase GE, SS and such... and of those bunches Toukiden did quite well for the first shot.

Is it similar to annual CoD and BF thing at the west? I can't really tell...

Yes, sports games are kind of similar but there isn't really much you can change with a sports game. The core gameplay is set in stone and it is not like they can make new enemies, levels or a story mode. The meat of the yearly updates are the new rosters and finetuned gameplay changes. I myself am guilty of buying a Fifa every year on day 1 and maybe even a PES.

Your shooter comparison doesn't suit well though. First of all, Battlefield isn't a yearly franchise so far and secondly, I feel these games do offer new content (campaign, nearly only new maps in MP) compared to the expansions.

Furthermore, the way he hunting genre handled expansions was because of the platforms they were on. Those games hit it off on the PSP where DLC wasn't a good option. Now with the new devices, adding a DLC option for upgrades should be viable.

killatopak

Gold Member

YEEEEEESSSS!!!!!

Hey! I do not double post that much. Maybe once or twice.... maybe a dozen or so.

----

Off topic guys but I got an email from HM Revenue & Customs. Possibly a UK based something.

It says I got a tax refund for 400+GBP. I don't live in the UK and I haven't done any transactions in the UK worth noting. Anybody has an idea what this means?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
For Pinball Arcade players on Playstation - Farsight's "Super Patch" for PS3 and Vita is supposed to post today on PSN. This is a large consolidated bug and art fix for the base game and DLC tables.

It was delayed a long time as they had to work out some deal with Sony for a mass patch on so much DLC at once. I don't think a changelog has been posted yet. Don't know how big the patch is going to be yet.

The next PS4 patch(es) for glitches and the sound bug are not up for today, but are coming after the super patch is deployed.

Question: Should I get Dragon's Crown or Soul Sacrifice? Which game better for solo player like me?

Either can be done solo but are more fun with other players.
I think Dragon's Crown is probably the better solo game for me though (I played most of it solo anyway). Soul Sacrifice just wouldn't have been the same without Itachi/Cyborg009 (and AgentWhite, though he disappeared).

Takao

Banned

watch this be japan-only

Takao

Banned
Boothill Heroes is a new RPG for Vita coming out tonight inspired by Earthbound, and other classics:
13559794185_17e021fec9_b.jpg

13560132544_25835fb2f8_b.jpg

Via PlayStation Mobile

crinale

Furthermore, the way he hunting genre handled expansions was because of the platforms they were on. Those games hit it off on the PSP where DLC wasn't a good option. Now with the new devices, adding a DLC option for upgrades should be viable.

The primary target for those hunting games are Japanese elementary and middle school kids. They don't even have credit cards and have no earning so they're extremely hesitant to pay for what they can't resell. In that sense companies could release physical expansion pack, like Bamco did with God Eater Burst.
With that said, consumer's mind is gradually changing so some day DLC expansion may become popular for once in Japan.

Into

Here is a question that has bound to have been asked a million times: when are the PS+ games going up on EU?

I wanna get those downloads going

Shengar

The primary target for those hunting games are Japanese elementary and middle school kids. They don't even have credit cards and have no earning so they're extremely hesitant to pay for what they can't resell. In that sense companies could release physical expansion pack, like Bamco did with God Eater Burst.
With that said, consumer's mind is gradually changing so some day DLC expansion may become popular for once in Japan.

I thought hunting action games are popular among teen/young adult demographic in japan.

For Pinball Arcade players on Playstation - Farsight's "Super Patch" for PS3 and Vita is supposed to post today on PSN. This is a large consolidated bug and art fix for the base game and DLC tables.

It was delayed a long time as they had to work out some deal with Sony for a mass patch on so much DLC at once. I don't think a changelog has been posted yet. Don't know how big the patch is going to be yet.

The next PS4 patch(es) for glitches and the sound bug are not up for today, but are coming after the super patch is deployed.

I'll believe it when I play it.

Actually, I'm expecting a hundred new bugs to pop up.

I'm beginning to regret my digital purchase of Toukiden.
Boss hunting games usually has sequels. And since this came from Tecmo-Koei, an expansion pack is almost always guaranteed. Well, atleast you don't have a cart to chug around.

That's part of the charm of having a physical cart for me. In case of Emergency, I can sell it and just buy it later for "collection". Unless it is a digital only title (indie, Jap publisher) or marked down significantly on a sale, I won't buy a digital game.

Games always show up as $xx.xx before they go free a while later, it's been the same every month.

I dunno how long it normally takes to flick over though, it'd be cool if it was SOON so I get to play before bed instead of having to wait until after work tomorrow :lol

Foxix Von

Merceary Kings is up on the PSN store, but it does not show up as free.

link

I have Plus and putting it into the cart didn't make the game free. Can someone else see if they are getting the same error. TY
Yeah it looks like the store is in the middle of updating and the plus discount hasn't been applied yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom