• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Question: Should I get Dragon's Crown or Soul Sacrifice? Which game better for solo player like me?
These are both very different games.

There's a demo for Soul Sacrifice at least so you may want to try it out. It's very extensive and the save file can transfer over to the full game.

nampad

Question: Should I get Dragon's Crown or Soul Sacrifice? Which game better for solo player like me?

I would say Dragon's Crown. I barely noticed it when real players instead of bots joined my game while Soul Sacrifice really shines in multiplayer and the difference to playing alone (or with bots) is like day and night. The campaign of Soul Sacrifice is still great though but it is clearly a game I enjoyed online the most.

Zhao_Yun

Really looking forward to Demon Gaze this month!
I hope Atlus releases the Conception II demo in EU soon. JP impressions seemed to be mixed so I'd like to try it out myself.

killatopak

Gold Member

Which genre do you like more? Beat em ups or Hunting?

Because both are actually quite fun even on solo.

DC is one heck of a beautiful game and they're one of my favorite devs just for the art alone.

SS' story and lore is quite awesome though so might be more interested in that if you like story driven games.

Jindrael

Banned

Both are pretty good for solo play.

I would say SS has a better story and the SP Campaign has a nice presentation.

Dragon's Crown is all around a super solid game, I played through it mostly solo and I had my fair bit of fun but for me SS was a tiny bit better in the single player experience.

ramyeon

At this point you should probably wait to see if there's a Soul Sacrifice Delta announcement in the next month or two though.

Jindrael

Banned
At this point you should probably wait to see if there's a Soul Sacrifice Delta announcement in the next month or two though.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that.

Definitely look out for the Delta announcement first, would be a waste to buy SS now when SS Delta might be around the corner.

maouvin

Is April 1st Ragnarok Oddysey Ace for ps3 also? I thought it was Vita only.

The Drop says PS3 too, so it probably is.

Also, quoting this for the new page:

Ahoy VitaGAF.

My Vita stopped uploading my saves to the cloud. The last upload on the activity screen was on March 28.
I can still upload them manually, my subscription is active, my PS+ games work, my trophies are syncing, and I have no such issues on the PS4.

Anyone with the same problem?

Also, if your auto-upload is working nicely I'd like to know too.

marrec

Banned

I enjoyed Dragon's Crown much more than Soul Sacrifice.

But I loath MonHun type games, never could get into em, so take my advice in context.

nampad

Can't believe it took them so long to release Destiny of Spirits after the beta and not fix anything about it.
The UI is still a mess with many long loading screens.

Drayco21

Loved Puppeteer when I beat it last February, so I hope you enjoy it :). Didn't play much of Beyond Good and Evil (even though I got it...almost a year and a half ago) but what I played of it was a very fun Zelda-type game. Do you own Arkam City? Because that game has TONS of content and with it being the free PS3 game this month (in US at least, don't know if you have EU+ or not) means that it can tide you over for quite a long time (I remember taking the whole summer of 2012 to beat the GOTY version + playing half way through New Game +).

I own a physical copy on the 360, but I'm looking forward to playing through it again whenever it goes free. I don't remember- was there any PS3 exclusive content in it, like the playable Joker in Asylum or the Adam West/AzBats costumes in Origins, or was it the odd man out?

VLiberty

I'm in the wall of shame even though my account was activated at the half of the month.
How shameful.

BTW op is missing The Sly Trilogy, releasing in Europe within 2 weeks.

I'll buy that using the discount coupon for the PS3 version, hoping it's crossbuy.

That and some indies whose dates will hopefully pop some day before (I want Joe Danger and Mucnh's Odyssee HD)

dokish

Banned
I'm so behind my backlog of Vita games yet I'm willing to spend more money!

Finally beat the Chrysler building on Parasite Eve. Although I finished this game multiple times while growing up, I never really cared about that extra dungeon. To be honest I always read it was difficult and got a little scared.

This game was fucking release on 1998 and SIXTEEN years later it plays as good as its always been. The soundtrack is IMO the best game soundtrack ever, the level design, the modern setting, the weapons, the upgrade system, the characters, the story.

Playing it again made me extremely happy. Parasite Eve, along with Resident Evil is one of those "early replays" that you always have to do. I just felt little sad because I wished that I could do so much more after the final boss, and pretty sad that Square NEVER looked back on this game. The had so much potential to explore it further (although story-wise It should never had a sequel).

Parasite Eve 2 was ridiculous. I remembered renting it, seeing how _EVERYTHING_ was completely different and put the controller down. Maybe played 20 minutes. I was super hyped for 3rd Birthday, but needless to say as soon as reviews went online I was again disappointed. I will stick to this classic forever and ever. This game will never die.

Well, I typed so much...

I'm here to ask what I should to with my $18 left on my wallet (US PSN). I have P4G, Soul Sacrifice, Rainbow Moon, RE2, FFX and other stuff I forgot.

I was thinking RE and MGS VR Misson (this includes the original PSX game, I suppose?)

I'm open to anything as long as it have some kind of upgrade/collecting system that is addictive and fun to play. RPG, Action, Adventure, etc.

Doest the Vita have any good racing games?

How good is the MGS HD Collection on Vita?

shink

Can't believe it took them so long to release Destiny of Spirits after the beta and not fix anything about it.
The UI is still a mess with many long loading screens.
The constant loading screens are killer but I'm still enjoying it. It's actually quite addictive

@dokish Wipeout is great on the Vita.

redcrayon

I'm here to ask what I should to with my $18 left on my wallet (US PSN). I have P4G, Soul Sacrifice, Rainbow Moon, RE2, FFX and other stuff I forgot.

I was thinking RE and MGS VR Misson (this includes the original PSX game, I suppose?)

I'm open to anything as long as it have some kind of upgrade/collecting system that is addictive and fun to play. RPG, Action, Adventure, etc.

How about the Ys games?

nampad

Finally beat the Chrysler building on Parasite Eve. Although I finished this game multiple times while growing up, I never really cared about that extra dungeon. To be honest I always read it was difficult and got a little scared.

This game was fucking release on 1998 and SIXTEEN years later it plays as good as its always been. The soundtrack is IMO the best game soundtrack ever, the level design, the modern setting, the weapons, the upgrade system, the characters, the story.

Playing it again made me extremely happy. Parasite Eve, along with Resident Evil is one of those "early replays" that you always have to do. I just felt little sad because I wished that I could do so much more after the final boss, and pretty sad that Square NEVER looked back on this game. The had so much potential to explore it further (although story-wise It should never had a sequel).

Parasite Eve 2 was ridiculous. I remembered renting it, seeing how _EVERYTHING_ was completely different and put the controller down. Maybe played 20 minutes. I was super hyped for 3rd Birthday, but needless to say as soon as reviews went online I was again disappointed. I will stick to this classic forever and ever. This game will never die.

Well, I typed so much...

Wipeout 2048 is great as well as NFS: Most Wanted. Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed is also decently ported but not my type of kart racer. Many people here like it though.

The constant loading screens are killer but I'm still enjoying it. It's actually quite addictive

@dokish Wipeout is great on the Vita.

It's ok. Do you know what the letters on the spirits mean (C, UC, SR)? Is it how rare they are?

VLiberty

You're missing Motorstorm RC. You all should be ashamed.

PSP had a shit ton of great racing games so take a look at them too. I'd say Motorstorm, and Burnouts are must buys, there's an Outrun and a Flatout game and, obviously, the two Wipeouts, but I'd suggest you to get 2048 + DLCs instead

nampad

PSP had a shit ton of great racing games so take a look at them too. I'd say Motorstorm, and Burnouts are must buys, there's an Outrun and a Flatout game and, obviously, the two Wipeouts, but I'd suggest you to get 2048 + DLCs instead

Maybe because we prefer a real Motorstorm to that RC buggy 'crap'. If someone asks me for a racing game, I don't think of top down racing ;)

Shinriji

So Toukiden Kyoku (Extreme) was officially announced on Famitsu. PSVita/PSP, 2014

- New weapon: Naginata
- New NPC
- New chapters
- 50% done

Liberation Maiden Sin port as well. 31/7 release.

Of course, april fools days so sit tight until tomorrow for confirmation

nampad

So Toukiden Kyoku (Extreme) was officially announced on Famitsu. PSVita/PSP, 2014

Of course, april fools days so sit tight until tomorrow.

Those hunting game expansions are getting out of hand. Surprised that the japanese market is so accepting of it. With the internet features of the new devices it could be easily handled as DLC.

Personally, it makes me second guess my purchases in the genre. Really want Freedom Wars but I am sure there will be Freedom Wars+ down the line in one year.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Don't forget the PSP Ridge Racers. Either RRT4 PSOne or Ridge Racers PSP compilation thing. Still great racing games (I'd give the edge to Ridge Racers)

maouvin

- New NPC
- New chapters
- 50% done

Yes please.

Also, we're getting Magical Beat DLC for BBCP: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...at-1/cid=UP1024-NPUB31277_00-BBCPPS3000051000
Can I cling to the little hope of a localization this brings?

killatopak

Gold Member
Those hunting game expansions are getting out of hand. Surprised that the japanese market is so accepting of it. With the internet features of the new devices it could be easily handled as DLC.

Personally, it makes me second guess my purchases in the genre. Really want Freedom Wars but I am sure there will be Freedom Wars+ down the line in one year.

Yeah it kinda sucks but I'm all for it if it delivers enough value.

Hunting games aren't even that bad though. Look at fighting games. Now THAT's bad. Looking at you Capcom.

ZeroAKA

- New NPC
- New chapters
- 50% done

Waiting pays off once again.

Not sure if I should buy Freedom Wars at launch.

Hey , Hi , Hello , Yo everybody.

This month seems decent in terms of releases. I will be upgrading my FF 14 PS3 copy to PS4, I will be buying Daylight , TRIALS FUSION and Child of light and Mercenary kings should be a blast.

Ogawa-san

I love Toukiden but I'm not jumping back in at full price for an expansion. If it's priced like SSD, I'll consider.

Well... Remember that 1.1GB Killzone update that had people deleting other games to make space?

Expansions would work with non-proprietary storage.

killatopak

Gold Member
I love Toukiden but I'm not jumping back in at full price for an expansion. If it's priced like SSD, I'll consider.

Well... Remember that 1.1GB Killzone update that had people deleting other games to make space?

What's the MSRP of SSD?

jf DOOM

This is going to be a good month for me. Child of Light and Mercenary Kings look to be awesome, and I've heard rumors that a new Wolf Among Us episode might be dropping.

ramyeon

That's quite expensive.

Unless Vita games are sold more expensive on Japan, that's not cheap at all.

That's $40. Just for comparison, what's the launch price of SS in Japan?
Any kind of physical media in Japan is expensive (Games, CDs, DVDs, Blurays etc)

For example a new release, Project Diva f 2nd on Vita in Japan is 7,000 yen for physical, 6,286 yen for digital.

killatopak

Gold Member
Any kind of media in Japan is expensive (Games, CDs, DVDs, Blurays etc)

For example a new release, Project Diva f 2nd on Vita in Japan is 7,000 yen for physical, 6,286 yen for digital.

I see.

I do import stuff from japan but it's mostly CE so I didn't scoff at the price.

I wonder how they'll price it once it becomes localized.

RalchAC

- New NPC
- New chapters
- 50% done

Nice. Wonder how many new monsters are designing. That's the most important thing.

Want to see how the Naginata works. I love those weapons, hope I like how they play.

Any kind of physical media in Japan is expensive (Games, CDs, DVDs, Blurays etc)

I think I've seen some PS3 games at 7900+ yens. But people has quite nice salaries, right?

Shengar

Both Conception II and Demon Gaze are on my radar, but I'm not interested enough to buy them at full price. This'll be the perfect month to saved up some money.

ramyeon

I think I've seen some PS3 games at 7900+ yens. But people has quite nice salaries, right?
Part time workers, not really. I'm not sure what the current numbers are but I think Australian wages are higher than Japanese wages on average and although electronics and media are expensive here as well (Compared to the States), they're not Japan levels of crazy.

4700 yen retail, 3700 download according to the site. Not sure if it had a price drop since launch.

That's actually 4900 and 3900. You forgot the tax.

Or rather 4011 yen for the download version now due to the 5%->8% VAT increase that went into effect today.

That's quite expensive.

Unless Vita games are sold more expensive on Japan, that's not cheap at all.

That's $40. Just for comparison, what's the launch price of SS in Japan?

No, that's not "expensive".

Japan has been paying 7000~8000 yen games since... 2000 and earlier.

For reference, majority of Super Robot War games are priced higher than 7000 (SRW Impact was almost 8000 yen).

For more:
Devil May Cry 2 - 7800 yen.
Dragon Quest V Tenkuu no Hanayome - 8190 yen.
Persona 4 - 7329
Odin Sphere - also 7329
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - 6090
Tekken 6 (on PS3) - 8,379 yen
Final Fantasy X released in a goddamn 9240 yen price point.

Different market. Their population are more "accepting" of games, I'd guess.

Shengar

- New NPC
- New chapters
- 50% done

Great, another $.5/hour entertainment for me
If only they have decent new onis though

nampad

Yeah it kinda sucks but I'm all for it if it delivers enough value.

Hunting games aren't even that bad though. Look at fighting games. Now THAT's bad. Looking at you Capcom.

CRAPCOM being shitty is a given and shouldn't be used as a worse example to justify anything. I stopped buying their fighting games new because of their bullshit.

Waiting pays off once again.

Not sure if I should buy Freedom Wars at launch.

Do it!

Memory space must be the lamest excuse I have heard so far. Even considering the proprietary memory space it would be cheaper than buying these expansions as new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom