• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue, Okami... top ten of the WORST games according to chilean "experts"

ShenmueNextGen

Neo Member
That's it. I lost my faith in the gaming industry and community.

The grim highlight is that those people call themselves ...teachers of game development! If there was a gaming police, they should be arrested by now and being tortured to play all those games until the end.

Shenmue, Okami, Grim Fandango and Psychonauts are cream of the crop games.

Definitely games ahead of their time (especially Shenmue), thus most people wouldn't take a good taste out of them, however it is only slime to teach such things and through a newspaper to the public.

Let's wait for the gaming industry and community arround the world to be more mature... and not just quick bursts of adrenaline types, but in a respectable manner as Robin Hunicke's idealistic, silly, wonderful view of video games:
Our culture is one that prides itself on the immediacy of everything, from hamburgers to information. That expectation and hunger for feedback right now causes challenges for game designers who want to encourage players to slow down, think, and feel emotions that are deeper -- or at least different -- than quick adrenaline shots.

Axass

That list is so offensive that Yu Suzuki, Platinum and Tim Schafer should have ground to sue.
Not really though...

I can't fathom how this can be a true article... unless they purposely tried to stir a controversy.

Exalted

Grim Fandango wtf. It's one of the highest rated PC games of all time ,with only 7 games ever recieving a higher score, and it also has one of the highest user score on metacritic.

ykIOX5s.png

Kandinsky

I mean Shenmue is a terrible game, but not top ten worst game ever made terrible, Okami, GF and Psychonauts being there is just crazy talk.

'experts'

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I don't understand the Daikatana hate but it kinda explains why my Daikatana clan is having trouble finding scrims.

MrBadger

How can they include Psychonauts but not include The Last of Us, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Ocarina of Time? This list is confusing.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm genuinely curious how they managed to dig up games like Grim Fandango for this list. What could have sparked thoughts of THAT specific game when discussing a list like this? I really, truly cannot imagine.

tmarques

Both Okami and Shenmue are boring as f*ck. Not deserving of being on this list, but I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking they are bad games.

Nop... you can see the website right here (page 2): http://www.lun.com/

Huh. So it is.

I have no idea, then. This is too bizarre to be real (or else it's clickbait). It still makes no sense to me that the article explicitly calls out Journey: The Game (which everyone acknowledges is awful) and then leaves it off its list in favor of two Double Fine games that never get mentioned in the article. But maybe the newspaper is just that stupid.

Eusis

That's it. I lost my faith in the gaming industry and community.

The grim highlight is that those people call themselves ...teachers of game development! If there was a gaming police, they should be arrested by now and being tortured to play all those games until the end.
I certainly wouldn't go that far, it's possible they just pulled out both a list of poorly received and poorly selling (or infamously poorly selling in contrast to reception) and got it all mixed up because this is apparently a shitty newspaper anyway. May've went down something like this.
'worst ____' is one of the most incredibly misused phrases in media.
While some of those games rightfully deserve that spot just for being technical disasters, I can't argue that even beyond the 4 gems there's some games that ARGUABLY don't deserve to be on that list. Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever seem to be more mediocre games that had way too much hype or buildup to release.

Seanlole

LUN is one of the worst newspapers here in Chile. Their news are click-buy bait about tv shows, sports (almost all about soccer) and totally off-topic aspects about important news.
It has a negative popularity in the social networks and forums, but the worst is that LUN is one of the best selling newspapers here.

And this article is just an example of how stupid this newspaper is.

Bravocado

Calling Grim Fandango and Shenmue some of the worst games ever made is beyond blasphemy.

Okami though, yeah that game was crap. Not the WORST, but crap nonetheless. Especially if you played the PS2 original, when the multitude of cutscenes and slow ass dialogue were unskippable.

Dude.. We were gonna be friends.. D=

It's strange how Shenmue pioneered one of the worst game mechanics of all time, but somehow people hold it in such high regard.

You know those horrible things called QTEs that you always complain about? Those things that are nearly universally panned every time they show up in a modern title? Guess who is 100% to blame.

Top Bottom