• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue, Okami... top ten of the WORST games according to chilean "experts"

gdt

This is such a strange list. It's not even a troll cause legitimately shitty games are on there too. Or maybe that makes it even better....

Koppai

hateonpopulargames.gif

What a silly list. I have never played Shenmue because my brothers copy of the.game that he bought used never worked. :(

Jhn

Wow, that really is remarkably weird.
It's not even consistently nonsensical, some of those are indeed absolutely terrible. It's almost a straight 50/50 split between really good and really terrible games.

It's like the forgot what they were making a list of.

Shengar

Grim Fandago number 4? Then Shenmue, Psychonauts, and Okami?
V23CiWe.gif

SirNinja

If you think Grim Fandango, Okami, Shenmue, or Psychonauts are all-time-bottom-10 material, you don't know a whole lot about videogames.

Also, why is the list in chronological order?

Phediuk

To be honest, I didn't think Okami or Shenmue were very good at all, though "worst game of all time" would be hyperbole.

Salsa

I legit think this is like.. an error or something

is there a full article in spanish? I live in Uruguay and im going to Chile next wednesday, but now im debating it
:p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I mean... Rogue Warrior, Rambo The Videogame or Ride to Hell are better than Shenmue according to this... amazing.

Like I said, I would have removed a few of those games. 1, 2, 3, 7, and 10 (kind of) are pretty awful, but the rest are just mediocre to amazing levels of quality.

The three you mentioned would definitely be on there, along with Extreme PaintBrawl and Superman for the N64 or maybe Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis. Hell, get rid of ten and replace it with Ninjabread Man.

I just wonder if the writers of the article even played any of the games we mentioned.

I just wanna say that there is a good community of non-stupid gamers on Chile and LUN is one of the worst newspapers. Thanks.

vazel

Banned
I can understand most of those games not being someone's cup of tea, but Grim Fandango? They have no soul.

Ostinatto

Awful awful list....

I legit think this is like.. an error or something

is there a full article in spanish? I live in Uruguay and im going to Chile next wednesday, but now im debating it
:p

the Uruguayan prime beef is way too expensive nowadays here in Chile, why don't you bring some?

Ghost King

Neo Member
The "experts" are just two random guys and the newspaper is the worst. I love Tim Schafer and Platinum, I never thought that this was going to be on GAF.

Bluth54

I enjoyed Psychonauts and Okami, but from the couple of hours I played of Shenmue I thought it was pretty bad.

Garcia

Okami was IGN's GOTY 2006 IIRC.

Aren't they ashamed to publish such a list?

IGN has zero credibility on my list so I truly don't give a dime about their opinion. However, Okami is a really good crafted game bloated by hours of unnecessary filler stuff, and some really unfortunate design choices. I loved it when it got released and I still appreciate it's beautiful art style. It's definitely a great game.

Back to that list: You really can't put Pac-man in any "worst X games" list since it's already transcended the limits of any sort of judgment. Pac-man is now part of our culture in the same way Tetris is. Regardless of subjectivity, the cultural importance of such titles exempts them from being treated as regular games.

Edit: Ah, so he placed the worst version of Pac-man on that list. I still stand by my point.

TasTokyo

The only thing that I can think of is that for some reason they were also taking money into account. As far as I know all of the good games on that list had sales below expectations.

However that would be a very strange list to mix worst games with games that didn't sell as much as expected.

cLOUDo

Guys, don't made a big deal about this
This newspaper has a whole record of tendentious news
is a shame of news and newspaper, and is a shame that a follow gafer come here to post it (especially when he should know the reputation of that newspaper)

EDIT: Professor of History of Gaming
i mean come on

Top Bottom