• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors : official website opens, new screenshots/artworks

This appeared in the magazine feature:

zIwbOc2.png

What game is this from?

From the scan, it seems to be from Hyrule Warrirors.

Also, from the official Twitter;

開発プロデューサーの早矢仕(はやし)です。まだまだ公開している情報が少ない本作ですが、これから発売日(8/14)まで絶え間なく色々な情報お伝えしていく予定なので、お楽しみに!

"This is the game producer Mr. Hayashi.We have only announced a little bit about this game so far, but from now until its release on August 14th, we intend to provide various information on the title regularly, so please look forward to that!'

rokero

This appeared in the magazine feature:

zIwbOc2.png

What game is this from?
that's skyward sword zelda someone plz translate

inpa.jpg

shia.jpg

I haven't seen it pointed out in this thread (probably in another one) but Shia definitely looks to be another Sheikah. Her dark skin and white hair strongly suggest that. The fact that she has such a large mask makes me think there is going to be a reveal about her. Considering the feathers in both outfits I wouldn't be surprised if she's related to Impa. Maybe they're long lost sisters?

Why does her outfit have to be practical? Shia is a witch. She shouldn't fight physically but instead use spells. The armor that she does wear is probably purely cosmetic. Unlike Impa who is directly engaging in combat, Shia until now was not a combatant but simply balancing the Triforce. It would look weird if she was wearing armor.
I think you may be onto something there I definitely see the similarly

They definitely made some improvements since the game was revealed. This might be the best looking wii u game yet.
ixWaVKCi5vNqZ.png

gal_06.jpg

in7DsHxA6EvgX.gif

iXBeSFtFQPx88.png

gal_05.jpg

ibgVxEEy8RVmaU.gif

Definitely looks improved compared to the reveal. I'm guessing the other screens are straight from gameplay then? Impressive

69wpm

They definitely made some improvements since the game was revealed. This might be the best looking wii u game yet.

pics

Definitely looks improved compared to the reveal. I'm guessing the other screens are straight from gameplay then? Impressive

I'd say it's the lightning that makes it look better.

RiggyRob

ixWaVKCi5vNqZ.png

gal_06.jpg

in7DsHxA6EvgX.gif

iXBeSFtFQPx88.png

gal_05.jpg

ibgVxEEy8RVmaU.gif

Dat Nintendo lighting.

Tom_Cody

The first thing that came to mind was Minish Cap box art... but Minish Cap it is not. Seems like new art :) .

From the scan, it seems to be from Hyrule Warrirors.

Also, from the official Twitter;

"This is the game producer Mr. Hayashi.We have only announced a little bit about this game so far, but from now until its release on August 14th, we intend to provide various information on the title regularly, so please look forward to that!'
Wow. Very interesting. Let the speculation begin!

Here's the full bit for a little more context:

JgLCTHH.jpg

Can anyone translate this?

Effect

Maybe it's the huge Zelda fan in me but I can't believe I'm becoming increasingly excited about this game. I was curious and interested in the game originally but now genuinely excited for it. From the look of the game to all of the characters to the possible story impact on the Zelda lore I'm loving what I'm seeing.

NeonZ

zIwbOc2.png

Isn't that Windwaker, is it ?

It seems to be basically Twilight Princess Link and Zelda with a more cartoony and brighter art style. Zelda has the hairstyle and clothes from Twilight Princess, just with brighter colors and blond hair, at least.

Jagsrock

Banned
The turn around of opinions on this gsme is amazing,almost 3d wolrd esque. Here's hoping this game delivers. The art is definitely beautiful and makes me even more excited for zeldaU. Gah the wait till e3 is killing me.

You know what, if this summer I get a Wii U with this and Mario Kart I'd be quite happy.

Really, really hope Nintendo announces a close-to-August USA release date for this at E3.

This game actually sounds really, really fun and I can't wait to stand in line for its release in front of Nintendo World. :)

Tom_Cody

JgLCTHH.jpg

Isn't that Windwaker, is it ?
It's definitely the style of Wind Waker / Minish Cap / Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks; the point is that it looks like original art and it was in the magazine feature for this game.

I'm just trying to figure out what this means.

It seems to be basically Twilight Princess Link and Zelda with a more cartoony and brighter art style. Zelda has the hairstyle and clothes from Twilight Princess, just with brighter colors and blond hair, at least.
Good point. I see what you're talking about regarding the Twilight Princess details.

Now I'm really curious.

georly

The turn around of opinions on this gsme is amazing,almost 3d wolrd esque. Here's hoping this game delivers. The art is definitely beautiful and makes me even more excited for zeldaU. Gah the wait till e3 is killing me.

It's still going to be a dynasty warriors game. It'll be the lowest metacritic zelda game, I bet. (well, maybe outside of crossbow training?) Doesn't mean I don't currently love it.

Jackano

Dragon looks like Argorok. Twilight Princess.
NVM, indeed. Almost didn't remember this one (and certainly didn't remember his name) ^^"
Valgia name and design and... hat are still closer to Volvagia so that's two dragons already. Must be a third one, Yoshi or Aquamentus.

Tom_Cody

I did already post it in the other thread, but:

vCBdZ3r.jpg

4Ug9YqS.jpg

I guesse there's no more room for doubt.

The claws, the horns and the eyes on the helmet, the fiery ponytail, definitely Volvagia
also his name is Valga
I'm guessing this means that the humanoid characters will transform into boss monsters.

I wonder what we can make of Shia (the bird witch lady). No past Zelda bosses immediately come to mind.

Really, really hope Nintendo announces a close-to-August USA release date for this at E3.

This game actually sounds really, really fun and I can't wait to stand in line for its release in front of Nintendo World. :)

.... Now I'm wondering if I've met you. I too look forward to that.

Lunar15

While I like the character designs of Link and Impa, I remember that this is a Dynasty Warriors crossover and immediately lose hype.

I don't even mind DW that much, but the crossovers.... eugh.

Platy

The range in quality of the character designs is extraordinary. I mean, this stuff looks absolutely amazing:The other two characters look like total garbage but that is possibly my favorite design for Link ever.

Like a friend said, looks like Nintendo helped with the designs of the main characters and the rest they said "meh, do whatever you want"

Chaos17

Man, I wondered where that badass dark mage came from and thanks to Siliconera who gave its name : Wizro. I finally found out that dark make came from Zelda 1!

The Wizzrobe.
275px-ALTTP_Wizzrobe.png

Praise the internet.
I would have never knew wihtout the wiki...

georly

Anyone have a link for where I can preorder the super collector's edition for the US? I want to do it in case reggie lets me down. Tecmo/Koei is publishing in japan, so there's no guarantee we'll get the triforce clock and link scarf in the US. Knowing NOA, they'll hand it out to retailers as a bonus, and not let the consumers buy it :( Like they did with the ALBW treasure chests. I had to pay off a gamestop employee to give me his :(

Marlowe89

Assuming this game even occurs somewhere in the timeline, I'd personally theorized that Hyrule Warriors predated Skyward Sword. That's looking increasingly less likely now.

But oh well. I wonder what the text provided with the Wind Waker esque image translates to.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
While I like the character designs of Link and Impa, I remember that this is a Dynasty Warriors crossover and immediately lose hype.

I don't even mind DW that much, but the crossovers.... eugh.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a crossover, right?

RiggyRob

Oh cool.

Though I wonder what the significance of the blue scarf is then. It must be more than just a fashion piece.

Could be Roc's Cape.

I'm guessing this means that the humanoid characters will transform into boss monsters.

I wonder what we can make of Shia (the bird witch lady). No past Zelda bosses immediately come to mind.

Helmaroc King fits the best design-wise (there was a pic posted somewhere earlier), despite not being female.

Jackano

Anyone have a link for where I can preorder the super collector's edition for the US? I want to do it in case reggie lets me down. Tecmo/Koei is publishing in japan, so there's no guarantee we'll get the triforce clock and link scarf in the US. Knowing NOA, they'll hand it out to retailers as a bonus, and not let the consumers buy it :( Like they did with the ALBW treasure chests. I had to pay off a gamestop employee to give me his :(

From what I understand the treasure box is only on amazon (in a partnership with Gamecity who seems to be Tecmo-related) and don't ship outside Japan.

The less gloomy premium box is on play-asia (they dropped the price by 10$ since I pre-ordered, frak them!).

georly

From what I understand the treasure box is only on amazon (in a partnership with Gamecity who seems to be Tecmo-related) and don't ship outside Japan.

The less gloomy premium box is on play-asia (they dropped the price by 10$ since I pre-ordered, frak them!).

Lame. All I want is the ridiculous edition one.

Is it just me or is it weird that Impa has pretty much a full set of realistic-ish, practical (given the setting) armor...with sandals?

Top Bottom