• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek registers HuntTheGame.com

Silky

Banned
crEdRRc.png

BELIEEEEEEVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

jwk94

So what are the chances that Homefront 1 gets the next-gen spitshine treatment? Would love to play that before grabbing the sequel....but I don't want the PC or last-gen version.

jbug617

Banned
Ah, so are they finally reaching Cevat's stated goal?

I wasn't 100% sure when they hired Todd Papy since it seemed likely he would lead Ryse 2.

wouldn't that depend if MS is going to fund a sequel? I know Crytek owns the IP so I would wonder who would publish it.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Ah, so are they finally reaching Cevat's stated goal?

I wasn't 100% sure when they hired Todd Papy since it seemed likely he would lead Ryse 2.
Is Ryse 2 a thing? Then that's not F2P I imagine.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is Ryse 2 a thing? Then that's not F2P I imagine.
There's no hard evidence, but Todd Papy (God of War: Ascension director) joined the studio right after Ryse launched to be a creative director.

It's possible it was for something else, but the melee game that's totally maligned for its combat picking up a God of War director as creative director seems like the most likely option.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
There's no hard evidence, but Todd Papy (God of War: Ascension director) joined the studio right after Ryse launched to be a creative director.

It's possible it was for something else, but the melee game that's totally maligned for its combat picking up a God of War director as creative director seems like the most likely option.
I would've just guessed it was Todd Papy going somewhere because he didn't have anything to do at Sony with Barlog leading GOW.

Dennis

Banned
What is with Cryteks fucking obsession with f2p games?

They are all shit.

How can people who make such a great engine be so stupid?

They know Crysis is the only truly great game they made but they just continue ignoring that out of spite.

maneil99

What is with Cryteks fucking obsession with f2p games?

They are all shit.

How can people who make such a great engine be so stupid?

They know Crysis is the only truly great game they made but they just continue ignoring that out of spite.

They seem to be really mismanaged, they haven't even had any success with it...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
"Hunt" certainly feels like up their alley. Seems like something they're good at, or rather interested in. Bow and arrow. Some nice ranged rifles. Some up close personal with a knife. And of course aliens and tech-overload.

Part of me wonders if Ryse 2 will even be a thing.

That game was contracted as a Kinect-only 360 title after all, which went through multiple phases of development changes that ultimately landed it in its current 3rd-person action genre.

The IP has shifted away from its original idea, and the company has also evolved its product vision since then.

Part of me wonders if Ryse 2 will even be a thing.

That game was contracted as a Kinect-only 360 title after all, which went through multiple phases of development changes that ultimately landed it in its current 3rd-person action genre.

The IP has shifted away from its original idea, and the company has also evolved its product vision since then.

Depends on Microsoft and if they see a need to continue the IP. If Microsofts portfolio is strong enough to not need Ryse 2 in 2016, they are probably not interested in funding a sequel to a game that was received that well.

Does anyone know if Warface has been a good business for Crytek?

Depends on Microsoft and if they see a need to continue the IP. If Microsofts portfolio is strong enough to not need Ryse 2 in 2016, they are probably not interested in funding a sequel to a game that was received that well.

Crytek owns the Ryse IP. It's up to them, not MS.

With the whole F2P thing, has Crytek decided to not make another Crysis?

Unless EA wants to suddenly fund a fourth game, the only chance of a new Crysis is a F2P thing, or a MOBA.

Crytek owns the Ryse IP. It's up to them, not MS.

I highly doubt anyone but MS would be interested in throwing money at the IP again, at least in regards to what Ryse is right now. A arena based F2P multiplayer thing could work for them, if the 3rd person action game becomes popular again.

SparkTR

They seem to be really mismanaged, they haven't even had any success with it...

They had massive success with Warface in Russia, that game is what cemented their F2P path. It seems like Crytek wanted to go after CoD numbers, they couldn't get that with PC retail with Crysis, then they couldn't get that on console retail either with Crysis 2/3, so F2P is currently their new best option.

Top Bottom