• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-1524E01EBDD24138 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.

t1406716098z1.png

Double

I'm sad you didn't request BetathePenguin or BthePenguin.
Sorry. Only sharp S is the one real penguin impersonator!
Besides, this is my usual nickname since about 14 years, so... the curtains have fallen, my charade is no more! etc =)

The feeling when I didn't know Stump had already changed me and someone refered to me as Double. "What da, did he take this from the credits of one of my Spelunky clips?! That's so personal, luv it!" haha.

Btw 30 cards over night. Team Jstump shall prevail.

Nice, I'm gonna buy it
*clicks on link*
Oh, I'm not logged in
*logs in*
owned - redownload?

It's bad if I can't even remember about games I already bought.
May GOG library is growing to a worrying size and I have played exactly zero of them.
Gotta own those classics

Double

I'm not asking if I need to buy Fahrenheit if I never played any of these QD Games. I'm not gonna ask, not doing it.

edit: do i need to though?

Awesome, thanks! I was sad I had missed this during the GOG summer sale, so now it's time to fix that mistake. Hope it's still up tonight.

Oh right I remember you were looking for it. It'll be up for 4 days, so don't worry.
It's part of a Games From Paris sale
I'm not asking if I need to buy Fahrenheit if I never played any of these QD Games. I'm not gonna ask, not doing it.

I don't think it's a particularily good game, but for $1.79 it's worth looking at. It's definitely interesting.

Arthea

May GOG library is growing to a worrying size and I have played exactly zero of them.
Gotta own those classics

play at least Arcanum, please. It's not on steam, and more people need to touch the greatness that Troika was.
also play Sanitarium. I won't say to play Alpha Centauri and HoMM 3, even if I'm mighty tempted to do so.

it depends... I don't consider it a must play game, but not all would agree with me, I'm sure.

I enjoyed it. There were a couple of scenes that were frustrating due to controls but it was good overall. Haven't played it since the original Xbox and haven't played any of their games since so have no further frame of reference.

play at least Arcanum, please. It's not on steam, and more people need to touch the greatness that Troika was.
Now that's a game I tried to play a few years ago and couldn't get into. Seemed like my kind of game, just felt too slow at the time. I don't own a copy, which also is a bit of a barrier...

It has awesome few hours. It's all downhill from the point where they ran out of moolah but up until that sogood.gif

Double

So jelly now. Just waiting for Jshackles to re-upload IdleM@ster and change my world
Your time soon will come!

Sent a hopeful PM anyway.
btw Space Rangers HD is -75% on Steam and Amazon. Saw it on your wishlist.

I don't think it's a particularily good game, but for $1.79 it's worth looking at. It's definitely interesting.
Mkay thought so, will think about it.

What's this IdleM@ster you talk about? I guess it's something to idle for cards? I want it too :3
I just checked and it didn't get me any foil cards. Jshack and Stumpo are actually the WORST! =]

also play Sanitarium. I won't say to play Alpha Centauri and HoMM 3, even if I'm mighty tempted to do so.

I have Arcanum and Sanitarium and I'll play them. Someday. Maybe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I may actually have to buy Fahrenheit on GOG for the first time. I'm getting tired waiting for it to come on Steam.

I've sent another e-mail to Quantic about the Steam version. If I get a response, I'll post it. I was ignored last time and when Grief hit up QD's Twitter account, he was pretty much ignored himself as he was just directed to GOG.

Dr Dogg

I've sent another e-mail to Quantic about the Steam version. If I get a response, I'll post it. I was ignored last time and when Grief hit up QD's Twitter account, he was pretty much ignored himself as he was just directed to GOG.

Just subtly mention trading cards and extra money making potential. Then again I doubt any publisher has got filthy rich from the proceeds but extra income is still extra income.

Milamber

btw Space Rangers HD is -75% on Steam and Amazon. Saw it on your wishlist.
Thanks, I can wait for the Steam sale though.

Hopefully we get an actual meaningful response this time.

Double

Thanks for all the answers regarding Fahrenheit. Hmmm... the upside would be, I'm not finishing my games anyways, so I wouldn't get to the bad part lol.

btw do you guys think it really makes much of a difference selling these cards now instead of in the winter sale? Those cards I checked didn't seem to have that much of a pricespike in the last summer sale?

Thanks, I can wait for the Steam sale though.
Like this one? :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KainXVIII, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-0369ED116AFB9B1A - Taken by rrvv. 4 entrants total.
Daikatana -- MB-552CEE886B8A4C3F - Taken by Tempy. 3 entrants total.
Mini Ninjas -- MB-72BA5D5AA2069A14 - Taken by Kayant. 3 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-838765D0F859C288 - Taken by Troubled Bat. 2 entrants total.
Anachronox -- MB-1CB20060E1140474 - Taken by Porcupine. 1 entrants total.

t1406720298z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just subtly mention trading cards and extra money making potential. Then again I doubt any publisher has got filthy rich from the proceeds but extra income is still extra income.

I did mention that Valve can transfer Steam Partners access in cases where publishing rights have changed hands (e.g. Sega/Warhammer and Nordic/Darksiders) and also slipped in a factoid about how the UK sub for Saw ran out of keys after Konami brought it back for reasons still unknown, so we'll see if that at least compels some sort of response this time around.

Arthea

Thanks for all the answers regarding Fahrenheit. Hmmm... the upside would be, I'm not finishing my games anyways, so I wouldn't get to the bad part lol.

btw do you guys think it really makes much of a difference selling these cards now instead of in the winter sale? Those cards I checked didn't seem to have that much of a pricespike in the last summer sale?

oh, they had, not much, but had at the start, basically all cards that I checked, the problem was that all thing just blown up in later days, when people stopped believing in winning that blasted metagame (><)
To be fair, this situation not necessary will be repeated at winter sale at all, we don't know how it will be handled.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry. Only sharp S is the one real penguin impersonator!
Besides, this is my usual nickname since about 14 years, so... the curtains have fallen, my charade is no more! etc =)

The feeling when I didn't know Stump had already changed me and someone refered to me as Double. "What da, did he take this from the credits of one of my Spelunky clips?! That's so personal, luv it!" haha.

My world is a lie.

Glad your modbot issues are sorted though.

MadGear

If you want to play the good parts of this game, the Demo is all you need. I was so hyped about that game because of the demo and the things I expected out of it ... but damn, that game turned to something else so fast. Didn't like it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I played a good chunk of KR 0 Act III and wow, this is one surreal game. First there's the mesmerizing song, then moving on to the Xanadu stuff... so weird but captivating. The Lynch influence is getting stronger by the act it seems. This is the first time in years that I've been motivated to read up on the story and characters in posts and articles.

If there are people who played it, question: at one point there's a text based
assistant recruiting minigame, to generate mold for Xanadu
Is this something you can actually beat? I quit the computer and the story just moved on, don't know if there's an other outcome here.

I know this for sure: one day, when all acts are released, I'm going to play the entire thing again. Very special game.

When I'm back tomorrow, and assuming most of you are able to use Idle Master without any major bugs *fingers crossed* is this something that would appropriate for me to make a new thread about?

Definitely! I was going through your posts to work out how to use Idle Master but a new thread would make it a lot easier. I didn't manage to download the first version so I'll wait for the proper one tomorrow.

As always, thanks for all your hard work!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn, outside of the "Minecraft" graphics (and Rust's "LOL NAKED" start), Unturned is basically what I want(ed, still do) DayZ to be: Singleplayer, "walking-sim"/survival. With the option to host your own servers AND make them PvP or PvE. Funny that a 16-year-old can nail what I want, but Bohemia takes 2+ years with a mod and can't get that, double so when there's elements of that (given it's on the Arma 2 engine!) being completely possible. Give me the Cherno map with random zombie spawns if needed, fix the zombie AI and boom... you'd have my ideal DayZ, DayZ... :/

Now if the zombie AI can be tweaked to where they don't chase you for miles (I get that it's "realistic" in terms of zombies having more endurance than you, but damn... if I'm in inventory, I shouldn't have to haul ass for miles to fumble through inventory on an elevated platform) or notice you despite their back being turned and may get off the "Minecraft" graphics which makes it hard to identify zombies/items at a distance at times, I think Unturned could possibly be a contender. Dude seems to be listening to his community, which is great.

kudoboi

Bought mount your friends. Sadly it is pretty hard to find anyone on multiplayer

The sp portion of the game gets boring after an hour

Well, with no Last of Us delivery, looks like I'm dedicating my birthday off to Dragon Age. Up to Redcliffe (went there first) and not sure if I'm going to regret going two handed warrior over stabby rogue type like I did when it came out.

idle master question (I pm'd jshacks...but figured I'd see here as well). It doesn't seem to launch a 2nd game.

When the first game has no more drops, I see the following :

Closing steam-idle for XX
Success
Starting steam-idle for YY
Sleeping for 15 minutes
SUCCESS : the process "steam-idle.exe" with PID ZZZ1 has been terminated.
SUCCESS : the process "steam-idle.exe" with PID ZZZ2 has been terminated.
Checking to see if YY has any drops
Game has 3 drops remaining
Sleeping for 15.
And then those last 3 lines repeat indefinitely.

I left it over night and had those last 3 lines repeat the entire night. Thoughts?

Coldsun

Banned
idle master question (I pm'd jshacks...but figured I'd see here as well). It doesn't seem to launch a 2nd game.

When the first game has no more drops, I see the following :

I left it over night and had those last 3 lines repeat the entire night. Thoughts?

You're not alone. I ended up just writing a quick script that relaunches the start.exe after the 1st game is done.

I'm betting JShackles' new version will be much smoother to run :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom