• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shift over Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 wants to sit next to you

Elios83

Considering that the game was teased during the actual TGS show maybe there's still room for an announcement later this month.
TGS will still see a few announcements.

Btw I think it's clear that this is getting the Tearaway treatment, I still hope that they can release the game on Vita as well but a PS4 version at this point is a given.
This series has commercial potential and releasing it just on Vita is a wasted opportunity.

Btw I think it's clear that this is getting the Tearaway treatment, I still hope that they can release the game on Vita as well but a PS4 version at this point is a given.
This series has commercial potential and releasing it just on Vita is a wasted opportunity.

Yes; this is why I would not be at all upset if GR2 shifted over to PS4 instead of Vita. I love the first game dearly and would like the series to be a commercial success, and it has a much better chance of that happening if it switches to PS4.

so1337

It is a little frustrating but the director of this thing is not some two hit wonder like Ueda. In Toyama we trust.

PaulloDEC

I'm super anxious to see more of GR2, but I'm not getting worried just yet. A year isn't such a long time in game development terms.

sense

If we didn't see it at the conference, then I don't think we're going to see it at TGS at all. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think it's going to show, and if it doesn't then we have to wait until E3 next year before we can hope to see it make an appearance, unless there's some noteworthy event inbetween that I'm forgetting about.

And I think 1 year is a long time to wait for something that got the ultimate tease in 20 seconds of gameplay footage.

so you couldn't wait like 2 more weeks before comparing it to tlg status which in itself is hyperbolic and tgs would be the one year anniversary of the tease so i expect the update to come there.

And I think 1 year is a long time to wait for something that got the ultimate tease in 20 seconds of gameplay footage.

Not for a game as low profile as GR. It gets more attention on GAF, but we are talking about a Vita exclusive that sold less than 500k worldwide. Not going to be a top priority for Sony.

I'm calling a Vita/PS4 double-team.

Yup, I think this is a pretty safe bet. There was a lot of that at the show last night, Sony Japan is still making Vita games, the teaser was clearly a Vita game, and it's really the logical way to take former Vita exclusives - launch them on both systems. You don't lose anything but you gaina far, far larger audience, and they'd basically act like mid-tier games on PS4.

I'd be very surprised if it's PS4 exclusive, the scant evidence we have suggests otherwise.

yurinka

Also, GR2 will be a PS4 title. Suck it Vita neeeerds!
Gravity Rush is still the best Vita game I've played, but I'll be more than happy to get the PS4 version of GR2. Sony has made it more than clear how they feel about Vita at this point.

And let's not get crazy with the TLG comparisons. Maybe in a few years but right now it's perfectly reasonable to think the PS4 retooling is cause for delays.
Do you have any link where Sony say or even suggest they canned GR2 for Vita and moved it to PS4?
Not for a game as low profile as GR. It gets more attention on GAF, but we are talking about a Vita exclusive that sold less than 500k worldwide. Not going to be a top priority for Sony.
Low prifle? Why? Who said it sold less than 500K worldwide? Do you have any link to support this claim?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's only been a year since they announced it! Lol! You got like six years to go bub.

The Hermit

Gravity Rush 2 is sitting at the kiddy table with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Still has another 6 years of limbo to go until it can hang with the gods, TLG and FFXV.

where fire emblem x shin megami tensei should be then?

EDIT: Oh its just a bit over 1 year... yeah it still at GR2 level of vaporware

The game could still show up...and yeah, while I would be disapointed if it is not shown (because I loved the first one), I wouldn't take it as a bad omen. I trust its creators and the fact that the IP could shift to home consoles.

Verendus

Banned
You know, if TLG was a real, living, breathing, sentient being, imagine how he would feel if you said something like this to him? Like, he's been creating his own legacy and earned his own spot after six years of ridiculous effort.

Then along comes this rookie who was only announced last year and people are saying to TLG, 'Hey TLG, can you move over a little, because this little toddler has earned his spot next to you?'

How does that make TLG feel?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Someday you will realize that...

The Last Guardian = Gravity Rush 2 =
Frog Fractions 2

The truth will set you free.

so you couldn't wait like 2 more weeks before comparing it to tlg status which in itself is hyperbolic and tgs would be the one year anniversary of the tease so i expect the update to come there.

Well, we'll come back to this thread in two weeks time and see where things stand. If it's a no-show at TGS like I think it will be, I'll be right, and then chances are we'll have to wait several more months until we can hope of seeing it again. If it actually does turn up at TGS, then I'll be too busy celebrating to care that I was wrong.

In terms of Vita releases, I wouldn't describe Gravity Rush as "low profile." From what I recall, it was one of the system's brightest prospects in 2012. Sony then granted it a lot more exposure when they added it to the PS+ Instant Game Collection for a year and a half or so. It's not AAA by any means, but it's definitely one of the more cherished exclusives in the Vita library.

Yup, I think this is a pretty safe bet. There was a lot of that at the show last night, Sony Japan is still making Vita games, the teaser was clearly a Vita game, and it's really the logical way to take former Vita exclusives - launch them on both systems. You don't lose anything but you gaina far, far larger audience, and they'd basically act like mid-tier games on PS4.

I'd be very surprised if it's PS4 exclusive, the scant evidence we have suggests otherwise.

I agree with all of this; there's no way the Vita version has been given the chop.

Kumo

You INSULT us Acquiescence.

Gravity Rush 2 was teased last year. Do know how long its been since we were teased with The Last Guardian. ANSWER ME

Man I remember watching that TLG trailer live 5 years ago. Little did we know what we were about to get ourselves into. :(

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Atleast we can still kinda predict that GR2 was turned into a PS4 game, which is why its taking so long to show up...and maybe even the first one is being remastered

Welp, there's always E3, right?

where have i heard that before?
your thread title is still absurd. it is disappointing GR2 didn't show up at TGS, but its not a comparable situation to TLG.

lmao i noticed this too

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
WWS is so desperate to cash on PS4 owners in west.

Well, that's the smart attitude, cause i really thought it looked interesting, but not enough to blow money on a vita for.

I really like just playing games on my TV in general, and i have a PS4, so....

Its further absence wouldn't usually be so felt, but realistically, when is the next time we can expect to see the game? There's nothing between now and E3 unless Sony just randomly announces it one day, and E3 is aaaages away. This sucks.

your thread title is still absurd. it is disappointing GR2 didn't show up at TGS, but its not a comparable situation to TLG.

I'd never say both games are on the same level, but they're definitely comparable. Two Sony Studio Japan titles previously shown to the public that have now gone AWOL. It's officially over a year now since we were shown a 50 second teaser of the next GR game and nothing since then - that definitely wasn't Sony's original plan.

I'd never say both games are on the same level, but they're definitely comparable. Two Sony Studio Japan titles previously shown to the public that have now gone AWOL. It's officially over a year now since we were shown a 50 second teaser of the next GR game and nothing since then - that definitely wasn't Sony's original plan.

its still not comparable. the last showing of TLG was 5 years ago, and we're assured its in active development.

GR last showing was a year ago, but we don't know any details.

any announced game that doesn't show up for a year doesn't make it comparable to TLG, or half life, or agent.

zeromcd73

:(

They even released a new Kat figure last week
item5_img.png

There's still another figure coming in November, maybe they'll do a special announcement then!?

Kyoufu

Sony holds stuff back all the time, so why are you surprised.

Putting this in the same sentence as TLG is quite the overreaction.

its still not comparable. the last showing of TLG was 5 years ago, and we're assured its in active development.

GR last showing was a year ago, but we don't know any details.

any announced game that doesn't show up for a year doesn't make it comparable to TLG, or half life, or agent.

Half-Life 3 and Agent aren't developed by Studio Japan, so I wouldn't compare them to TLG in the first place. Again, it's not so much about the amount of time these games have been out of action, but more about how Studio Japan/Sony are falling into another trap similar to the one TLG is in.

And anyway, by this stage we know as much about TLG as we do about GR 2. Both games are shrouded in secrecy by a company that's supremely unwilling to shed any much light on their status apart from rote updates like "Waiting for the right time to show it" or "Please wait" or "It's still in development." We don't even know for absolute certain what platforms TLG is coming to yet, just like GR 2.

Yeah, what he said.

Its further absence wouldn't usually be so felt, but realistically, when is the next time we can expect to see the game? There's nothing between now and E3 unless Sony just randomly announces it one day, and E3 is aaaages away. This sucks.

2 possible scenarios in my mind:

pre-E3 : Uncharted Collection and Gravity Daze HD announced early 2015 together as part of Sony's summer line-up.
E3 : Gravity Daze 2 announcement as PS4 only title. (T_T)

Or...

E3 : Gravity Daze 1+2 HD announced as a two-in-one release for fall 2015.

Time for another "SCE Studio Japan is totally back on track guys!" PR push.

The effect of the last one has warn off and people are noticing how ass backwards the studio is again.

Baleoce

I can't see the Vita version of GR2 coming out personally. But i want to believe that they'll make it for PS4 along with a remastered GR1 for console.

Top Bottom