• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we're having a bad port for pc ?
Like the suttering of the cut-scene because they're locked to 30 fps ?

Just wondering...
Well apparently people are hating the mouse and keyboard arrangement so maybe. Nobody complained in the console versions

Game version is 1.01 and I have already download update file on PS4.

Yes, it is patched.
For consoles it's definitely updated. For pc there is no guarantee unless somebody here confirms they have 1.01.

Vlodril

wanted to check out the gamepad since people are having an easier time with the tactical camera but the game wont recognize my ds4. works fine in every other game. any ideas?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Their fault for playing before the actual release. They should understand as much

but the game IS released. in asia. they are having the same issues. this isnt a pirate thing, downloaded weeks before its out

im not raising my fist in anger calling for heads, but there are issues. Ill just wait a bit and see if theres a patch, no biggie, but you act like we cant even say anything lol

edit: I switched to gamepad because the game is basically third person and I prefer to use pads for those, and it seems you can only map 8 spells on mouse/keyboard anyway just like a controller. the little I played felt nice, then again im not a mouse/keyboard purist so /shrug

jesu

Just finished my 6 hour, thought it was really good.
Will probably buy it before the end of the month.
Oh but i don't like the inventory system, that might take some getting used to.

Aeana

Their fault for playing before the actual release. They should understand as much
But they aren't playing before the "actual release." People who actually live in countries like South Korea could be playing right now without any trickery.

kingkitty

Or we're having a bad port for pc ?
Like the suttering of the cut-scene because they're locked to 30 fps ?

Just wondering...

Jesus, a game that need day one patch isn't right.
I mean didn't they beta tested that game for months and showing if off around the web with their streams ?
Just saying that I would like dev to polish more their games before releasing it.

i rather have a day 1 patch over a game delay

jesu

Is there any place in Haven where i can access an upgrade vendor/npc?

I bought a few things of a vendor from gold from the introduction but haven't been able to locate where to apply them.

There is a blacksmith with a few tables you can do things at but I bought upgrades for Bianca and they applied automatically.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys... I really have no idea what race and class to choose...

I need help...

I know that in the past it was always very usefull to play a rogue so that you could easily lockpick anytimes you want. Is this still the case?

Chaos17

i rather have a day 1 patch over having the game delayed

If Nintendo or Blizzard dared to do that, I don't think people would share your opinion... because people expect them to deliver polished game.

Again the argument whether it's a pc issue or a patch issue can be checked if somebody confirms if they patched their origin version and it's 1.01

Let me help you spam that, I want to know too.

tcrunch

These beard textures man I don't know...
xY52Z6e.jpg

Also I saw the "Thedas Idol" thread for celebrities, but maybe someone could make a post-your-character thread? The CC is pretty stronk.

Ammogeddon

I do like a good rpg but I'm torn between DA:I and FC4. I've only got so much money this side of Xmas and already have GTA V loaded and ready to go tomorrow.

Help me decide gaffers.

(He says in a DA:I OT)

Gothos

HDD stats after 40mins of playing.

855315e479_7456270_14771512.png

Left - before, right - after 40mins.

Game transfers absurd amounts of data. That Denuvo... :(

kingkitty

If Nintendo or Blizzard dared to do that, I don't think people would share your opinion... because people expect them to deliver polished game, maybe ?

There's over a four year gap between DA2 and Inquisition. And Inquisition was delayed once already. I'll happily take a day 1 patch.

And I can say that Blizzard games, even when they've been in the oven for a long time, still have bugs.

Bugs are okay as long as they're not game destroying. And hey, some of the current bugs might get stamped out in a day 1 patch.

the hair options in the game

4925.gif

I think it will get a lot better as they drop last-generation systems. As of now, characters/assets in DAI were designed with the 360/PS3 in mind, and appearing in higher fidelity/better detail on next-gen/PC.

Once Bioware moves on to 8th gen only, it'll kick up a notch.

Do people do the side missions with this game or main ones only? I don't think I have the time for 100 hours of gaming especially if many are simple fetch quests (don't know if they are yet)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think it will get a lot better as they drop last-generation systems. As of now, characters/assets in DAI were designed with the 360/PS3 in mind, and appearing in higher fidelity/better detail on next-gen/PC.

Once Bioware moves on to 8th gen only, it'll kick up a notch.

hair options in bioware games are always terrbile. wait for mods :p

edit: oh I can still launch the game from origin even after having disconected the vpn an hour ago, I thought you couldnt. neat

Megasoum

Banned
Ok I must be dumb... I don't understand what you're supposed to do in the last inquest on the Quest website... I need to slide something?

UTIII

Banned
Yea I can't wait till Friday to play this in the UK!

So what option do I have to unlock early on PS4 and best price options? (Or X1 if it's cheaper)

floodgate

Neo Member
Ok I must be dumb... I don't understand what you're supposed to do in the last inquest on the Quest website... I need to slide something?

They appear on the timeline slider at the bottom of the video, not on screen itself. You have to scrub it left and right to find the weapon.

You have to be quick and catch the cursor in the small bar they outline. Then Move the cursor in the small bar to reveal a sword.

dcassell

Banned
Well, got it going on PC. Current rig is a 970 and i5 4690k. I was able to turn up all settings to max with multisampling off, and the game looks gorgeous aside from the hair textures. Constant 60 fps with no dips other than my HDD loading assets, which dropped the FPS to like 55 for a split second once at the beginning. After that, it was smooth sailing.

Playing a dual wield rogue because I want a change from always playing tank. Combat is fun, but I'm not used to just holding down a button to attack yet. Got 40 minutes in and now I have class. Looks to be awesome. Gonna be playing this all evening.

Skirn

These beard textures man I don't know...
xY52Z6e.jpg

Also I saw the "Thedas Idol" thread for celebrities, but maybe someone could make a post-your-character thread? The CC is pretty stronk.

Ahh, the Mass Effect chocolate puddin' beards return.

Man, waiting for the 20th sucks. Pre-ordered the physical copy since it was like 20% cheaper than the digital version on Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom