• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vergil teased for DMC4:SE! (Also, DmC Definitive Edition trailer)

Endo Punk

Guys, let's just hold hands together and agree that DmC and DMC4 both have really shitty stories. It's okay. Kumbaya and shit.

DMC4 has a shitty but fun story with exciting cutscenes. DmC has a shitty try hard story with bland cutscenes. Which is worse?

If Capcom seriously wants DMC to have narrative worth a damn they didn't do their research. NT always brings on board a 3rd party to do their story which wasn't the case for DmC and it suffered horribly for it. Maybe next time they should call a developer like Naughty Dog to just do the story for them while they handle the gameplay. Wouldn't mind that since they seem to be getting cushy with Sony as of late.. then again it would be terrible if its an exclusive. Maybe gamers should stop expecting hollywood story from DMC and you know, just enjoy the GAMEPLAY. Holy shit some people have weird expectations for a franchise known for excellent gameplay.

Might as well ask people to choose between red turd or black turd. In the end, both of them are turd.

Which makes NT failure a 100x worse.

BadWolf

Mind is sort of blown right now, came across a guy on youtube who did a full SS rank playthrough on Dante Must Die in DMC3 using a fresh no upgrades (weapons, health, moves, guns,styles, everything) Dante, a new game Dante basically, for the entire duration O_O

Endo Punk

Mind is sort of blown right now, came across a guy on youtube who did a full SS rank playthrough on Dante Must Die in DMC3 using a fresh no upgrades (weapons, health, moves, guns,styles, everything) Dante, a new game Dante basically, for the entire duration O_O

I will never be that good but man is it fun to feel like you are getting better month after month, Can't wait to try that all again in DMC4 :D

Why would you need a record function when both consoles can record gameplay by default?

I mean a spectate mode when I say replay function. Basically think of uh, Halo 3's replay function, where you can control the camera while the actions you previously made play out. Recording gameplay is nice, but it records at 720p/30 fps. Having a replay function lets you replay what you did and makes it easier to capture something if you have an external recording stuff.

For the combo vids.

You mean *only* using base-moveset Rebellion and E&I and no DT/Style? Or did he at least perform some upgrades along the way?

BadWolf

Akiller

Only using base movesets for weapons after getting them, styles etc. No upgrades whatsoever to anything.

Here's his Agni and Rudra fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=73ke0iOLVY0#t=274

Do you think he takes them both down at the same time like a normal human being? Nope.

He rocks against Vergil

When Vergil says "You're going down" you know shit is getting motherfucking real.What a bossfight.

Nero, when played right, is such an awesome character.
Also this vid was a friendly reminder that I'm rusty as hell :-/

Me too, but i'm more thirsty than rusty.

Astral Dog

Except NT was supposed to be good at story telling remember? That's what people praise them for.
Thats my problem with it, besides the combat being a bit dumbed down, and the awful bosses except for the last, its like DmC is something else, while trying to be the old DMC, worse looking and directed cutscenes, boring enemy designs (!) , boring plot, that im not sure what its about, annoying music (except for a few themes, and my favorite song from the game is used only on the japanese trailer) less humor, some incosistences even annoyed me, like why were demons carrying angel weapons( even Bayonetta got that detail ,gave demons their own currency, and everybody abhors the story of that), or why Dante hooks up with demon strippers ,etc.

On the other hand, i liked the first chapter a lot, the amusement park is a good setting for Devil May Cry, the city ruled by demons was not bad either, it has a few concepts i like, Mundus caring for his son, or them organized, also Eva is more important than Sparda, i guess, also Dante and Vergil weren't annoying, except for a few scenes, they changed them a lot, after the initial reveal, im sure.

But I swear , i will never get why somebody would think DmC had better plot than the other DMC (at least 3 and 4) games,:p
Especially coming from Ninja Theory.

annoying music (except for a few themes, and my favorite song from the game is used only on the japanese trailer) less humor,

OMG, "Nothing Helps" by One Ok Rock XD?? That's my favorite thing about DmC too!

On the other hand, i liked the first chapter a lot, the amusement park is a good setting for Devil May Cry, the city ruled by demons was not bad either, it has a few concepts i like, Mundus caring for his son, or them organized, also Eva is more important than Sparda, i guess, akso Dante and Vergil weren't annoying, except for a few scenes, they changed them a lot, after the initial reveal, im sure.

Urgh I almost forgot- People will fight and bitch over Dante and Vergil, but the real tragedy is the character assassination of Spada.

I mean, the guy was THE LEGENDARY DARK KNIGHT! And fucking Ninja Theory reduced him to bald coward hiding from Mundus and eventually caught and turned into his bitch! WTF?!?!

But I swear to , i will never get why everybody thinks DmC had better story than the other DMC (at least 3 and 4) games,:p

Remember, folks that prefer the new DmC generally hates the original series for being too "Japanesey"

Unit24

Going back through DMC4's Dante sections reminds me of how Berial, Echidna, Agnus, and Bael/Dagon are obviously not designed with Dante in mind. Berial is reasonably challenging with Nero, but he's piss easy with Dante. You can take out half of his health by rushing him with devil trigger. I really hope they add in new bosses for Dante.

Silky

Banned
Probably in the minority who enjoys DmC's visual aesthetic in comparison to DMC4.

In my opinion, DmC had the better art direction and music, DMC4 had the better cast and story ( I really like DMC lore, Sue me)

But for some reason their gameplay is too evenly matched for me. Both beaten on their hardest difficulties and I still slightly enjoy DmC a bit more.

Then again I'm of the opinion that Nero v Credo is the best goddamn thing, and Credo deserves his own game soooooo disregard me lol.

God Credo is fucking awesome.

TreIII

Going back through DMC4's Dante sections reminds me of how Berial, Echidna, Agnus, and Bael/Dagon are obviously not designed with Dante in mind. Berial is reasonably challenging with Nero, but he's piss easy with Dante. You can take out half of his health by rushing him with devil trigger. I really hope they add in new bosses for Dante.

At the very least, I could see them adding Vergil or "Dark Vergil" as a new boss for both Dante and Nero, that could effectively serve the same function as a "bonus boss" that Jester did back in 3:SE.

But unless they're going to go for broke, I don't see them adding too much in the way of new bosses. Hell, I'd just be happy if some classic bosses from DMC1/3 could get some new textures and be made into bonus fights for a new Palace or "Boss Rush" mode.

DeaviL

Banned
Hmmm, i'm bad at writing but...

Nero gains immense amounts of power causing the rebirth of Vergil from his demonic arm?
Hint hint

Cheezy enough?
Too obvious enough?

Akiller

3:36
This is interesting, even Langdon explained DMC2 was an hell of a rushed game and that Capcom just moved on , kinda pretending they never did it.

Nero gains immense amounts of power causing the rebirth of Vergil from his demonic arm?
Hint hint

Cheezy enough?

I've always thought that the "Demon" voice we hear during DT was Vergil's one.

Unit24

At the very least, I could see them adding Vergil or "Dark Vergil" as a new boss for both Dante and Nero, that could effectively serve the same function as a "bonus boss" that Jester did back in 3:SE.

But unless they're going to go for broke, I don't see them adding too much in the way of new bosses. Hell, I'd just be happy if some classic bosses from DMC1/3 could get some new textures and be made into bonus fights for a new Palace or "Boss Rush" mode.

I want to be able to fight every playable character with every other playable character.

Astral Dog

It would not be DMC 5 without all the voice team coming back.!

Probably in the minority who enjoys DmC's visual aesthetic in comparison to DMC4.

In my opinion, DmC had the better art direction and music, DMC4 had the better cast and story ( I really like DMC lore, Sue me)

But for some reason their gameplay is too evenly matched for me. Both beaten on their hardest difficulties and I still slightly enjoy DmC a bit more.

Then again I'm of the opinion that Nero v Credo is the best goddamn thing, and Credo deserves his own game soooooo disregard me lol.

God Credo is fucking awesome.

Yeah, Credo is a bit underrated, best boss figth of the game, also, his demon design was very good:
credo1.jpg

Also, i maybe be on the minority, but im glad you dont battle him twice, kinda makes his boss battle more special, considering all the other bosses, except for Sanctus and Dante, were recycled three times, it would not have been good enough for him to come back with the same attacks.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yeah, Credo is a bit underrated, best boss figth of the game, also, his demon design was very good:
credo1.jpg

Also, i maybe be on the minority, but im glad you dont battle him twice, kinda makes his boss battle more special, considering all the other bosses, besides Sanctus, were recycled three times, it would not have been good enough for him to come back with the same attacks.

I agree with this, and Credo was really designed around Nero's abilities as well. The problem was that Dante completely lacked any kind of analogue to that fight. He had no humanoid rival battle that could stretch his abilities and allow him to let loose with everything you learned. That's really what I'm hoping to see in DMC4SE. Even if there is only a single new boss, give Dante a fight that you can actually sink your teeth into. I think Armored Sanctus would be an easy choice, but going all the way and introducing Vergil to the main story so Dante can spar with him again would be INCREDIBLE.

are there any good online Nero tutorials? Or overall DMC 4 advanced tutorials? Not for the basic stuff, but once you get into jump cancels and taking advantage of specific move properties and stuff

Yes heretic is a god, though I can't deny that he plays like such a robot that I end up feeling sleepy. :p He also pioneered the quick, simple badass way to take down Gigapede:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RTHV9zZLM

Also, there's one thing to note about his run: heretic kept switching styles to prevent them from leveling up. He had to keep changing styles for at least 12 missions. Just wrap your head around the fact that he killed enemies quickly and in style to get SS, all with base moves and damage.

MegaPanda

Hint hint

Cheezy enough?
Too obvious enough?

I assumed that the spirit behind Nero when he DT's was a manifestation of Vergil's demon powers. In DMC1/3, Dante was channeling the power of whatever Devil Arm he was using at the time during Devil Trigger, so it makes sense if Nero is doing the same thing.
If Vergil does come back some how, it'll be because Yamato is still floating around and the spirit decides to wield the sword for itself or something. Nero's arm seems like a separate thing

clem84

Gold Member
It feels like ages ago since I've played those games. I don't remember the chronology of the games, which are prequels, sequels etc... But anyway, does it even make sense for Virgil to be there in DMC4? Didn't he die in one of the first three games?

Yes heretic is a god, though I can't deny that he plays like such a robot that I end up feeling sleepy. :p He also pioneered the quick, simple badass way to take down Gigapede:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RTHV9zZLM

Also, there's one thing to note about his run: heretic kept switching styles to prevent them from leveling up. He had to keep changing styles for at least 12 missions. Just wrap your head around the fact that he killed enemies quickly and in style to get SS, all with base moves and damage.

I forgot all about that exploit

Korigama

It feels like ages ago since I've played those games. I don't remember the chronology of the games, which are prequels, sequels etc... But anyway, does it even make sense for Virgil to be there in DMC4? Didn't he die in one of the first three games?
The chronology goes 3 --> 1 --> 4 --> 2 (as an aside, the anime is considered canonical and takes place between 1 and 4). As for Vergil, he was turned into Nelo Angelo by Mundus in the time between 3 and 1, then dispersed and was apparently dead after his final battle with Dante in 1.

Korigama

Was that anime any good? I remember seeing the first episode but none of the rest of it.
I'm probably one of the only people who actually liked it. There wasn't as much focus on the fights or action as opposed to what the typical day was like for Dante, with most episodes focusing on taking on various new jobs for clients through the Devil May Cry shop. No familiar techniques from the games showed up, and he also
didn't Devil Trigger at any point in the series

Nothing mind-blowing, but decent for what it was I'd say.

I got bored. Even when I was really into DMC, I just couldn't finish the anime. I'm not looking for epic fights or whatever (I actually disliked them in P4A).

Voror

I may check out at least then. I could dig seeing a general job do him that isn't on the level of what's going down in the games.

One thing I've always been unclear on in the world is whether demons are common knowledge or.not.

Astral Dog

Was that anime any good? I remember seeing the first episode but none of the rest of it.

Nah, it was boring, none of the action or humor of the games is there, its mediocre at best.

At least it was an original story, i liked how it showed Dantes everyday missions, along with a few decent tracks.

I may check out at least then. I could dig seeing a general job do him that isn't on the level of what's going down in the games.

One thing I've always been unclear on in the world is whether demons are common knowledge or.not.
They absolutely are, the world is infested by demons, thats why there are demon hunters and armed religions.

Korigama

I was really excited until I realized it was the crappy reboot.
Actually, this thread is about Vergil being added to Devil May Cry 4's special edition, though we still don't have any details regarding that or anything else being added to it. DmC: Definitive Edition is something completely different from Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, and will be releasing separately from that (DMC4:SE is due out summer 2015).

EDIT: Beaten.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Actually, this thread is about Vergil being added to Devil May Cry 4's special edition, though we still don't have any details regarding that or anything else being added to it. DmC: Definitive Edition is something completely different from Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, and will be releasing separately from that (DMC4:SE is due out summer 2015).

EDIT: Beaten.

Well, now it is. :p

Top Bottom