• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Exentryk

Via SE PR
Two of the most beloved FINAL FANTASY® titles will be returning soon with today’s announcement by SQUARE ENIX® that it will be releasing FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster for the Playstation®4 computer entertainment system on May 12, 2015. This new North American version will include system-exclusive features and a special pre-order bonus item: an exclusive calendar featuring artwork by the acclaimed artist, Yoshitaka Amano, available at participating retailers and the Square Enix Online Store.

T58sxvp.jpg

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings together FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2, along with FINAL FANTASY X: Eternal Calm and FINAL FANTASY X-2: LAST MISSION, each originally exclusive to the Japanese market.

Key Features

Cross-Save Functionality – Players can transfer their save and continue their progress across the PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, and the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. (PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita versions sold separately.)
Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.
Remote play – Supported for the Playstation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

May 14 for Japan - jp.square-enix.com/ffx_x-2HD/

PS4 screenshots:

Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.

sold

desmax

That's a fantastic boxart.

Day 1

I've never played this game. I bought it used on PS3, but the next day the PS4 version was announced so I returned it.

Pretty excited!

Seda

PR
LOS ANGELES (Mar. 2, 2015) – Two of the most beloved FINAL FANTASY® titles will be returning soon with today’s announcement by SQUARE ENIX® that it will be releasing FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster for the Playstation®4 computer entertainment system on May 12, 2015. This new North American version will include system-exclusive features and a special pre-order bonus item: an exclusive calendar featuring artwork by the acclaimed artist, Yoshitaka Amano, available at participating retailers and the Square Enix Online Store.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings together FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2, along with FINAL FANTASY X: Eternal Calm and FINAL FANTASY X-2: LAST MISSION, each originally exclusive to the Japanese market.

Key Features

Cross-Save Functionality – Players can transfer their save and continue their progress across the PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, and the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. (PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita versions sold separately.)
Remote play – Supported for the Playstation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

Meowster

I'm on the fence.. maybe I'll pick it up later to finish my platinum.. I just don't know how to max this sphere grid without it taking 200+ hours..

georly

So glad i held off on buying it. Will get as soon as I get a ps4 (and some free time). Really happy about the original music.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'll buy it again! I wonder if the calendar would be available here though.

Is share play smooth enough for me to find someone to help me deal with chocobo racing? Lol...

TomShoe

Banned
Eugh, $49.99.

That's steep for a remaster. I might get the Vita version instead.

EDIT: Then again, it'll probably drop quickly...

Wow.

This is legit scam artistry.

Luigi87

As much as I'd like the calendar for Amano art, I won't be picking this up... Plat'ing it on Vita, I can never play this again @_@

Still glad it is happening though. I would hope it will be 60fps on PS4. This release still makes me hopeful for a HD Remaster of XII IZJS.

Also mixed feelings about the OST switching.

Meowster

Is the new soundtrack really that bad? I thought it was supposed to be better? PS3 version is in my backlog, ugh.
It's pretty good. There are a lot of new arrangements. Some people just like listening to what they've heard all these years and don't want it to be changed. Nothing wrong with that. I liked most of the changes.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

Yesssss.

Fuck. You.

Top Bottom