• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some good examples of thread backfires?

SalvaPot

Is there a way that we can backfire this thread? I've got nothing.

We can either find some previous embarrassing thing about the OP or about someone else who posted here and derail the thread, but that requires detective GAF and I don´t have them on speed dial anymore.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
It's a few years old by now, and I'm not sure how to find it, but wasn't there one where a guy posts a thread about his newborn child, but expresses disappointment that he got a daughter? I think the most common advice in there was to bury the thread and hope his daughter never saw it in the future.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Anyone else remember the one where the idiot OP talked about walking out of the job interview cause they were making him wait, and then when everyone else calls him out on being an idiot he just LOSES IT and starts calling all of GAF idiots and sheep.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I remember a thread on gaming side, I don't recall what it was about, but I know that it was derailed by posters arguing how UK people say 'mummy'' for mom (I know there was a title change reflecting about it)

Anyone have the link to it?

The most obviously in-the-wrong OP I can remember was the one here:

So i've been dating this girl for 3 months and i've convinced her i have quit drinkin

i've even smoked during my work breaks then brushed my teeth and washed my face to remove any traces of cig smoke.

what i'm getting at is, i really like this girl, and she really likes me, even though i lie to her to so much and deceived her and honestly have no plans of settling down with her in the future. she's too old.

I took her virginity, which she vowed to keep until marriage, i've met her parents, who love me, talked to her extended family over the phone, i've done all those things that she wanted out of a man.

it seems like you guys just hate me and think of me as an asshole no matter what.

i really went out of my way to change for this girl, who will probably will ever be the best girl i'll be with.

why is this a bad thing? yes i'm lying to her, but not out of shame, (i've never cheated but if i did i would lie about it to my gfs), but i lied to her and did all the right things to keep her happy.

yes, a lot of you people have called me a bad person, but i've never been really called that in real life, through my friends, or work situations, (in my family, yes but thats family so its different).

I've always been known as the cool, charming attractive guy.

i was popular in high school, and had a big network of friends in college. No one close to me has said things as vehemently as people ITT, including the girl thats right now in love with me.

101 pages?!
damn.png

It was pretty much an event. I was a lurker at the time and I read every page, when it was developing.

The one with the guy who wanted get laid by his female friend to date him even though she wasn't single , of her FB profile page, and wrote her a dirty message in Al Bhed, not realizing the first Google search for that message led to the thread.

there is a heated fight right now in the white people dancing gifs thread, they are arguing race and if Latinos can be white or not.

That's a threat about making fun of a certain race, any discussion away from the OP is a step up xD

Latinos can be White, Black or Asian.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This guy. Both of his threads make him sound like an Alien. The hug thread is even more entertaining than the waitress thread, holy shit.

So much thought put into something as simple as a hug.

Hug thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955165
I don't know, I like how he can take a totally ordinary situation, turn it into a problem, and describe it like he's a Victorian bourgeois. It's genuinely entertaining.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The one with the guy who wanted get laid by his female friend to date him even though she wasn't single , of her FB profile page, and wrote her a dirty message in Al Bhed, not realizing the first Google search for that message led to the thread.
That sounds all kinds of fake.

Top Bottom