• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
cQm1tsK.jpg

Starting to see a lot more trash talk lately. Especially from teammates bitching about goal steals which is really only merited imo when you chase down a goal.

Yeah I had a really bad day today with the game. A lot of douchebags and trash talkers than I've ever seen before. I don't know what caused it exactly, hopefully it was just a one-off.

TheFatMan

I like the new map and how clean it looks. I gotta say getting used to not having "walls" that you can see is a mind trip. Makes it a lot harder to judge when the ball is going to change direction when it hits up there.

I like the new map and how clean it looks. I gotta say getting used to not having "walls" that you can see is a mind trip. Makes it a lot harder to judge when the ball is going to change direction when it hits up there.

Yeah, I would like to see the bloom reduced and some form of wall, aerials are a nightmare on Coliseum.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Felt like playing in quicksand tonight.

Is the default speed lowered or are servers just getting killed? And did they nerf the kickoff boost?

Something is just... off.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Have seen some instances of weird ball physics post-patch. That might be related to lag or something. More jarring though is that non-boost driving feels slower, which totally throws off timing of just about everything you do. Things just feel off and it's tough to adjust to after having played the game so much.

Okay, so I'm not alone.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
how is the performance on coliseum? Urban like, DFH like or Beckwith like?
And what where they thinking to make the walls invisible?
pls tell me the map only has a good weather setting.

I don't have problems with the new map. I always liked Utopia because of the structure though, not because of the aesthetic. So without that it's just kinda eh. I want to see the really different looking maps like the sand one or Cosmic.

AwShucks

Kronovi's ego is kind of humorous >_<

He is basically the best overall player in the world. But on stream he usually send pretty normal. Unless he is playing serious games, then he is trying to direct his teammates and do better where needed.

Though lately I prefer to watch Team Rocket. Love me some Doomsee and Cool Cole.

hydruxo

Utopia is nice. First few games on it were jarring because of the lack of walls and brightness but I got used to it pretty quickly after some more matches. I still think a night version of it would look amazing, hope we can get that at some point.

NJShadow

Just had a really awesome late-game rally, with two epic saves in the last two minutes. I've never been more happy to not score a goal, but to make a save. Totally won the game for us, plus great team work all-around. :)

(And oh yeah, the epic saves are at the start of the video, and at the very end of the match.. FYI) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsWRrAOdpDw

JoshHood

Quite like that new map! It's slightly easier to see that some of the other very bright arenas.

However, didn't realise they were adding so many flags - that's gonna take me forever to get the 'All Items' trophy now. Gaaaaah.

Well, uh, I just got lumped in with Kronovi and Fyshokid tonight. Some kid saw me on videos on my YouTube channel and coolcole's channel and added me and we played a little tonight. He was pretty good but kept talking about "us" like we were sacred or something.

I suck pretty bad most of the time but just thought that was funny.

Oh great, more fuel for your ego

Gandie

Quite like that new map! It's slightly easier to see that some of the other very bright arenas.

However, didn't realise they were adding so many flags - that's gonna take me forever to get the 'All Items' trophy now. Gaaaaah.

Flags are all unlocked from the get go.

Azzawon

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but does the new patch include cross-platform parties? Most of my friends are on PC and I'm on PS4, not being able to play with them is so frustrating.

AllGamer

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but does the new patch include cross-platform parties? Most of my friends are on PC and I'm on PS4, not being able to play with them is so frustrating.

Cross platform private matches are in but not cross platform parties.

shmoglish

Here are the Patchnotes (did not find it)

THE HEADLINES
Added "Supersonic Fury" DLC Pack Support, including..
(DLC) Exclusive "Dominus" and "Takumi" Battle-Cars
(DLC) Six Decals for each new vehicle
(DLC) Five new paint types: "Brushed Metal, Carbon Fiber, Metallic Pearl, Pearlescent," and "Wood"
(DLC) Two new Wheels: "Cristiano" and "Spinner"
(DLC) Two new Rocket Boosts: "Burnout" and "Nitrous"
Added "Utopia Coliseum" Arena
Added "Spectate" to "Choose Team" menu in "Private Matches," allowing players the option to watch games rather than participate (3v3 match-type maximum)
Added 70+ new Country Flags and three "Sorry" items for our overloaded launch servers ("Servergate" Wheels, "Disconnected" Antenna, and "White Flag")
Added 3v3 Team Ranked as a replacement for 3v3 Solo the Online match queue
Ranked matches will no longer start if the game is not full
Added the ability to create or join Private Matches that can be named and/or password-protected
Added "Vote to Forfeit" button to "Ranked" online matches
Up to four Party member's Battle-Cars can now be displayed on the Menu screens

NEW CONTENT
Battle-Cars
(DLC) Added "Dominus" (American muscle car)
(DLC) Added "Takumi" (Japanese street racer)
Decals
(DLC) Dominus: Added "Flames"
(DLC) Dominus: Added "Scorpions"
(DLC) Dominus: Added "Skulls"
(DLC) Dominus: Added "Stripes"
(DLC) Dominus: Added "Tats"
(DLC) Dominus: Added "Wings"
(DLC) Takumi: Added "Copycat"
(DLC) Takumi: Added "Chaser"
(DLC) Takumi: Added "Crazy-8"
(DLC) Takumi: Added "Gaki"
(DLC) Takumi: Added "Reiko"
(DLC) Takumi: Added "Stripes"
Paint Types
(DLC) Added "Brushed Metal"
(DLC) Added "Carbon Fiber"
(DLC) Added "Metallic Pearl"
(DLC) Added "Pearlescent"
(DLC) Added "Wood"
Wheels
(DLC) Added "Cristiano"
(DLC) Added "Spinner"
Added "Servergate"
Rocket Boosts
(DLC) Added "Burnout"
(DLC) Added "Nitrous"
Antennas
Added "Disconnected"
Added "White Flag"
Added "Community Flags"
Gassy Mexican
LIRIK
SpoOky1611
Team PowA
YouTube Gaming
Added "Country Flags:"
Afghanistan
Albania
American Samoa
Angola
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Belarus
Benin
Bolivia
Burkina Faso
Burma
Burundi
Cambodia
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo DR
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Egypt
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Gabon
Georgia
Guam
Haiti
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Liberia
Libya
Lithuania
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Mali
Mauritania
Moldova
Mongolia
Montenegro
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
Niger
North Korea
Northern Mariana Islands
Oman
Palestine
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Rwanda
Saudi Arabia
Sierra Leone
Somalia
South Sudan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Togo
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkmenistan
U.S. Virgin Islands
Uganda
Uzbekistan
Zambia
Zimbabwe
Trophies and Achievements
Added three new Trophies/ Achievements
(DLC) Added six new DLC-specific Trophies/ Achievements

NEW FEATURES
Gameplay
Added "Spectate" to "Choose Team" menu for "Private Matches", allowing players the option to watch games rather than participate (3v3 match-type maximum)
Content
Added "Utopia Coliseum" Arena
Online Play
Added "3v3 Team Ranked" as a replacement for "3v3 Solo" the Online match queue
Added "Vote to Forfeit" button to "Ranked" online matches
UI/ UX
Added the ability to create or join Private Matches that can be named and/or password-protected
Added "Community Flags" sub-section to Garage Items/ Antennas
Added “Reset Shot” to Keybinding Options to address errant R1 training reassignment

CHANGES AND UPDATES
"Ranked" matches will no longer start if the game is not full
"Ranked" Skill ratings are now calculated on dedicated servers
Garage Items
Antennas
"Saturn" has been renamed to "Planetoid" (because Saturn doesn't have craters)
UI/ UX
Up to four Party member's Battle-Cars can now be displayed on the Menu screens

BUG FIXES
Repaired several "Connect Failure" issues
UI/ UX
Fixed "Private Match" bug that sometimes caused the "Update Match" settings to disappear for the Party Leader
Clearing the "Voice Chat" binding no longer removes the binding for "Reset Training"

Grinchy

Banned
I'm kinda surprised that the new patch didn't fix the problem with boost orbs not showing up when they're actually available to pick up. I'm still in the habit of mentally tracking which orbs are going to be invisible and I'm still finding that they are invisible often.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I'm kinda surprised that the new patch didn't fix the problem with boost orbs not showing up when they're actually available to pick up. I'm still in the habit of mentally tracking which orbs are going to be invisible and I'm still finding that they are invisible often.

yeah kinda suprised about that too. even more since it was allready in beta 1..
it occurs if a bosstpad isnt refilled before a goal is scored, that pad wont show up as filled after kickoff until someone picks it up and it refills again.

There's not much better than single-handily carrying a team to win a game against someone who started the match spamming "What a save!" after 1 goal, only to have them finish the match calling you names for beating and spamming them back.

SxP

Some sounds now play from the controller speaker, which is nice. And they've also added a sound for when you try to boost with a 0% gauge (or they just made the sound a lot more noticeable).

I do hope the removal of the ball trail is just a bug, because that's pretty annoying.

T-Rex.

Banned
Had the most satisfying win ever last night. I play 2v2 with my brother and we mainly play for fun. We are competitive, but we don't take it too seriously. Anyway we came up against these guys yesterday who within 1 minute went 2-0 up against us.
"What a save!"
"Great pass!" (I hit the ball and set one of them up)
"What a save!"
Then the guy starts manually typing entering shit like "please leave noobs" "low players leave" "leave" and with 2 mins still left me and my bro get pissed off.
2-1. 2-2. 2-3. 2-4.
"What a save!"
"Plz leave low ranked noob"

We took the piss so bad that the guy sent a message saying he's gonna report me to Sony lmao. Don't dish it out if you can't take it breh.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Played for the first time yesterday at my friends house. Lost each and every match. 3 vs. 3.

Seriously we lost so badly that I almost lost faith in the game. Last game my friend quit at 0-11 score. He could not take any more of that beating. I need to go home, train a bit and then hit the online again. I can't be this horrible can I?

Haunted

There definitely is some weird filtering/post-processing going on with the new map. It doesn't feel like they've gotten the lighting right yet.

Ploppee

Does anyone still have the PS4 fan issue with this game? Should i be worried about my PS4? I've checked how hot the actual casing gets and it's not too bad, just the fans run a bit wild.

Literally no other game gets my PS4 as fired up as Rocket League does.

To be fair no other game i own on PS4 gets me as fired up as Rocket League does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom