• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Elgato HD60 Pro, 1080p 60fps internal cap card

Timu

whats the reason to buy a capture card today?
1.Having much better quality.

2. Record games longer with no restrictions.

3. Having full control over your recordings.

4. Recording at 1080p and 60FPS at the same time.

I would not rely on X1 and PS4 if I took recording seriously.

That is the whole point, yes. You can play on your PC monitor through the preview ! A cool feature is ability to stream and record at the same time. (though, can you take out commentary from the copy version ?)

Also, Avermedia has several products that do the same (also full hd). So... ?

Sounds good, and I'm aware that is the point my intended question by "good job" was really to ask if there's minimal input lag on the live viewing.

My Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD can take an input of 1080p60fps but NOT replay it back, it will only playback at 1080p30fps.

on3nightstan

Neo Member
can you get this same level of latency with an external usb product or would that cause latency?

most external USB 3.0 and internal capture cards will be around the same level of latency. internal cards may have a light edge here though but much of it will depend on your system.

the rest then is up to the level of quality, drivers, and software you're looking for.

- stan

on3nightstan

Neo Member
Just a quick suggestion to the team, stan.

Beef up the editing tools in the software, add transitions for video montages, the ability to add text, etc. And also allow us to add and drop in multiple recorded clips and more.

it's definitely something we're looking at. we still have a number of things lined up for recording and streaming so once we're clear from that, we will look at things like this.

thanks for the feedback!

- stan

nynt9

I had a PEXHDCAP but no software worked properly with it, and I was unable to capture PS4 from it. Will I encounter similar driver issues with this one? I'm kind of burned out on internal capture cards as a result.

Timu

I had a PEXHDCAP but no software worked properly with it, and I was unable to capture PS4 from it. Will I encounter similar driver issues with this one? I'm kind of burned out on internal capture cards as a result.
PEXHDCAP doesn't do 1080p, but you can do 720p with your PS4. And this card does 1080p@60FPS so you're safe. And don't worry, several Avermedia and other Startech internal capture cards do 1080p.

on3nightstan

Neo Member

hi! unlike most internal card manufacturers, we ensure the consumer experience is always at it's peak by building a proper capture software solution with it.

you'll be able to capture anything that goes through HDMI and doesn't use HDCP. hope this helps!

- stan

Hi on3nightstan,

You told me before that cloning the 144hz g-sync monitor to an hdmi display, with the hd 60 pro connecting to the cloned hdmi monitor should work in order to be able to play at 144hz g-sync while recording and streaming 1080p 60 fps. This is the setup I'm looking to do

Dedicated streaming PC with OBS
2600k oced to 4.4ghz
16 GB of RAM
780 Ti
Elgato HD 60 Pro

Dedicated gaming PC with g-sync 144hz monitor
6700k oced to 4.5ghz
980 Ti
32 GB of RAM

The 3 monitors I'll be working with are the Acer XB270H 1080p G-sync 144hz monitor, Samsung p2770hd 1080p monitor with hdmi, and Asus VN279 monitor.

Here's what I'm aiming for. I want to use the dedicated streaming PC to stream to Twitch with OBS. I would like to game at 144hz g-sync on my gaming PC. Is this possible? Another question. Currently, I use the Samsung HDMI monitor that will be the cloned image monitor connected to an HDMI switch. Should this cause any complications? I should be able to connect the elgato hd pro to the hdmi switch, correct?

Another question. Let's say I can't use the 2 PC setup. This card has built in encoding, right? So it will take some of the cpu load off if I just stream with a 1 PC setup using OBS?

Hi all, hope someone can confirm something for me. I'm looking into getting an external elgato hd60 but need to get myself a new pc and wanted to know if this one would be good enough for it http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comput...34917-pdt.html.

I think it is but I'm not very experienced with pc tech stuff so I tried the build your own pc thread but haven't got a response yet.

Thanks for any help.

Mystic654

It seems HD60 Pro is having issues under Windows 10. Everything seems to point to Update 1511 back in November. However HD60 (USB) is fine.

I been talk to Elgato for a good week or two and they still can't get my HD60 Pro to run. I already swapped the hardware out for a new HD60 Pro with same results.

I've been using the Avermedia H727 for quite a few years now, its a great card for covering all consoles but its getting on a bit and is limited to 1080i. Can anyone suggest a card similar to it with full 1080p support? Composite and S-Video are huge features that I can't ditch.

dlauv

I'm selling my external right now on ebay.

I had to move down to an Elgato HD, because the HD60 model doesn't capture anything below 720x480, which means no Dreamcast capture.

HD60 is pretty great tho.

Top Bottom