• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Talos Principle PS4 Review thread (releases Oct. 13)

terrible

Banned
I have it on Steam and it's been pretty amazing in the 10 hours I've played it so far. I hope it sells well on PS4, it deserves it.

Waiting for my copy to get here.
smoking-cat-funny-gif-animation.gif

Some more reviews for you OP
ZTGD
GodisaGeek

edit:cover art is GOAT

Thanks for posting the link to my review man. Can't wait to see what you think of it. Also your gifs NEVER dissapoint.

PaulloDEC

Finished this on PC recently. Really enjoyed it, though by the last hour or so (of a 16 hour run) I was pretty much just mimicking walkthrough videos. There's a few puzzles in that part of the game that I could play forever and never solve.

Anyway, if the port is good, would totally recommend to puzzle fans.

protonion

Got it today!

-Installs in 2 seconds (4,8 GB)
-38 MB patch for a rare freeze
-You can choose between main game and expansion when starting a new game
-Played for 3 hours straight. Brilliant game! Great puzzles and fun to play too. You can ignore the story if you don't care. So far easy to medium difficulty.

Absolute must buy for puzzle fans, it will make the wait for the Witness much easier!

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Question for those who game experience with Best Buy.

I pre-ordered mine thru BB with store pick up. I just checked the status and out says it's ready for pick up. The official release is tomorrow but do you think I'll be able to pick it up today?

Reason I'm asking because I would have to runto BB on my lunch break and I don't want to waste time.

Got it today!

-Installs in 2 seconds (4,8 GB)
-38 MB patch for a rare freeze
-You can choose between main game and expansion when starting a new game
-Played for 3 hours straight. Brilliant game! Great puzzles and fun to play too. You can ignore the story if you don't care. So far easy to medium difficulty.

Absolute must buy for puzzle fans, it will make the wait for the Witness much easier!

How's the framerate? Is it constant 60fps or are there any dips?

I highly recommend anyone remotely interested in puzzle games to pick up The Talos Principle Deluxe Edition. This game is criminally underrated from a sales perspective considering how amazing it is. Leagues better than 99% of AAA games released in the last few years, including The Witcher 3.

wouwie

The game is up on (my) EU store: 40€, 4.5Gb. I might get it digital (thought it would be bigger in filesize) despite the nice cover. I lack 1.5€ in my account though at the moment... Damn, need to get another psn card tomorrow.

protonion

How's the framerate? Is it constant 60fps or are there any dips?

There are some drops when paning the camera around at some spots. But nothing to worry about.
Also be sure to turn off the option that snaps the camera when looking up and down. It makes the game choppy.

It's an amazing game for anyone who likes challenging puzzles.

Found myself pretty smart to complete it 100% with bo walkthrough.
Have yet played the DLC, which is alot more challenging I've heard

AngryMoth

This is my favourite game from last year people should definitely check it out if ou didn't play it. Great puzzle designs and well done mystery

Aaron D.

It got a great review on We Got This Covered:

We Got This Covered - 5/5

We Got This Covered said:
A masterpiece from start to finish, The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition is unlike anything else on the market. The ingeniously designed puzzles provided some of the biggest challenges, and triumphs, I have experienced in gaming in recent years. The puzzles alone would warrant playing the title, but it’s the faith-driven plotline that will hook most gamers in. By drawing upon powerful themes of humanity and what it means to truly be alive, it transcends more than just being a game. I would have never expected the team behind Serious Sam to create one the deepest, most affecting experiences in recent years, but I never imagined a game would make me question my own thoughts on humanity, either.

Yup.

That sounds about right.

I highly recommend anyone remotely interested in puzzle games to pick up The Talos Principle Deluxe Edition. This game is criminally underrated from a sales perspective considering how amazing it is. Leagues better than 99% of AAA games released in the last few years, including The Witcher 3.
Loved this game on PC. My favourite puzzle game since Antichamber.

Might double dip on PS4 to play the expansion.

Since I take it you've played the game to completion, could you do me a huuuuuge favor.

There are only two reviews on Amazon for the PS4 version of his game. A 5 star and a 1 star.

Look at the 1 star review. It look like a troll review but it worries me that it has spoiled the game for me. Could u or anyone that's played the game confirm or deny?

Does that dumb review contain a spoiler??

This game is incredible, one of my favorite puzzle games period. Played it on PC just about 4-5 months ago and would have totally put it on my GOTY list if I had played it when it came out. It's really pretty, ran great on my system (1080p, locked 60 the entire time), and has some of the smartest puzzles in any game I've played. You PS4 duders should definitely pick it, well worth whatever they are charging.

This game is incredible, one of my favorite puzzle games period. Played it on PC just about 4-5 months ago and would have totally put it on my GOTY list if I had played it when it came out. It's really pretty, ran great on my system (1080p, locked 60 the entire time), and has some of the smartest puzzles in any game I've played. You PS4 duders should definitely pick it, well worth whatever they are charging.
Could you address my question above? Lol

If you don't want to go to amazon, the guy basically says
the game causes WW2

Is this true or just a troll?

Since I take it you've played the game to completion, could you do me a huuuuuge favor.

There are only two reviews on Amazon for the PS4 version of his game. A 5 star and a 1 star.

Look at the 1 star review. It look like a troll review but it worries me that it has spoiled the game for me. Could u or anyone that's played the game confirm or deny?

I just looked at it, whoever wrote its a moron, no need to worry lol.

I haven't played the expansion (Road to Gehenna), but the trollish comment has nothing to do with The Talos Principle.

Lol thanks guys!

I don't know why spoilers bother me so much but I heard this game has a cool deep story apart from the cool puzzles. I'll be getting the game soon.

I don't know why spoilers bother me so much but I heard this game has a cool deep story apart from the cool puzzles. I'll be getting the game soon.
It does, and I completely understand the desire to avoid spoilers. It's really a fantastic experience all around, hope you enjoy it!

Top Bottom